Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost password at block chain info  (Read 1065 times)
wavesOwnzYou (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:00:02 PM

Hello guys,

I have 3 accounts at blockchain.info, at one of them have something like 1-2btc but i'm not sure which one of them is lucky. I followed instructions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=816364.0 to get my wallet.aes.json and i used btcrecover https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md#the-token-file

There is the problem, one of my wallet doesnt work/cooperate with btcrecover, im getting btcrecover.py: error: unrecognized wallet format, and it is really strange because the remaining 2 accounts works fine. Can anyone help me guys ? I moved long road to get here and I would like to get my btc Smiley

cheers
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:38:45 PM

Try redownloading the wallet file. Maybe it got corrupted while you were downloading so btcrecover doesn't recognize it.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 06:09:55 PM

Don't you have the Mnemonic seed which you are given at the time you make the wallet? Because if you do then you can use that to find out the identifier and the password of your account here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password. Other than that I don't know how to recover it honestly.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:15:23 PM

What do you mean by losing the password? Do you still have your private keys stored somewhere ? If you still have the private keys no worries ,you can recover the account easily.I suggest message blockchain.info on their facebook page,they respond very fast and actually help you out.https://www.facebook.com/blockchain

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:20:37 PM

If you have sms code authentication on the account, you have some chances when you contact their support.

CryptInvest
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 09:28:34 PM

Check the key to recovery in the extra spaces. Perhaps the true cause of the problem.
wavesOwnzYou (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:34:40 AM

Guys, thanks for lots of replies :-)

First of all,

1. Lost password = have no fucking idea in details what password I picked on all of the three accounts - I have clue which kind of combos I could use and that is why i try to break it running btcrecover
2. I don't have mnemonic seed cause I didnt care too much about my accounts and I thought I could easily recover my pass
3. I donwloaded my wallets as aes.json -> they hold my password encrypted -> dunno it is a private key (?)

The main problem is that one of the wallets is broken (dunno why), btcrecover cant recognize it and I think it might be the chosen one wallet where is my 1-2 btc Smiley

Any ideas guys ?
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:23:25 AM

Guys, thanks for lots of replies :-)

First of all,

1. Lost password = have no fucking idea in details what password I picked on all of the three accounts - I have clue which kind of combos I could use and that is why i try to break it running btcrecover
2. I don't have mnemonic seed cause I didnt care too much about my accounts and I thought I could easily recover my pass
3. I donwloaded my wallets as aes.json -> they hold my password encrypted -> dunno it is a private key (?)

The main problem is that one of the wallets is broken (dunno why), btcrecover cant recognize it and I think it might be the chosen one wallet where is my 1-2 btc Smiley

Any ideas guys ?

Looks like you have to contact support, and even then I don't think you stand a good chance getting your wallet back. To be honest, you were quite stupid in not remembering your mnemonic.

Do you have any sort of proof that you own the account? Maybe the corrupted wallet might hold some information that's usable.

But of course, be prepared to not get anything from support, as support centres usually do not recover information unless you have a solid way to prove yourself.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
wavesOwnzYou (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:30:30 AM

Ok here is the thing, I've already access I mean crack two of three my accounts. Unfortunely at these accounts there is 0 btc, so the last one has to has btc. But again all of 3 accounts was made in 2013 day by day and btcrecover can't read the last one wallet.aes.json so i can't run btcrecover. Don't know what is wrong with the last one, I could easily read two of them...

I've looked at payload in wallet.eas.json and all of them seems to me same.

btw. block chain support cant help me Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: