Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:29:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support this type of platform?
Yes - 2 (40%)
No - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Send and Receive Bitcoins using Unique Codes [Vote Now]  (Read 1645 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 06:08:45 AM by Coinbuddy

Hi
Is there any website where we can send or receive bitcoin payments using Unique IDs??
A website where we first deposit bitcoins and then generate a unique code of it, and for sending bitcoin we give this unique code to someone to which we want to send bitcoins.He will add this code in the website and will receive btc and vice versa.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6700

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 03:15:37 PM

There isn't any way to send or receive Bitcoins without using addresses, but if you use BIP70 Payment Requests, then you won't need to give anyone an address. The address will be part of the payment request and most modern clients will do all the work for you. You just need to allow the send.

Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:22:18 PM

There isn't any way to send or receive Bitcoins without using addresses, but if you use BIP70 Payment Requests, then you won't need to give anyone an address. The address will be part of the payment request and most modern clients will do all the work for you. You just need to allow the send.

I think we should make this type of platform like i described above!
I am interested in developing it
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 03:25:58 PM

Well I think the payment requests can already do what you describe.

You create a payment request and upload the request file to your site. If someone wants to pay, then they download that request and their client immediately recognizes it as a payment request. It will know where to send the Bitcoin and how much to send, so all the user does is enter their wallet password and hit ok. Then the client just sends the Bitcoin normally.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:29:31 PM

Hi
Is there any website where we can send or receive bitcoin payments without using Bitcoin Address?
A website where we first deposit bitcoins and then generate a unique code of it, and for sending bitcoin we give this unique code to someone to which we want to send bitcoins.He will add this code in the website and will receive btc and vice versa.
This is only possible inside an exchange website when you generate a code and then send it and no fees is applied.
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:33:59 PM

You create a payment request and upload the request file to your site. If someone wants to pay, then they download that request and their client immediately recognizes it as a payment request. It will know where to send the Bitcoin and how much to send, so all the user does is enter their wallet password and hit ok. Then the client just sends the Bitcoin normally.

Payment requests?

Hmm! it have little bit similarity
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:35:55 PM

Hi
Is there any website where we can send or receive bitcoin payments without using Bitcoin Address?
This is only possible inside an exchange website when you generate a code and then send it and no fees is applied.

Yep! I want to make a proper platform for it..so people can vouch bitcoin payments
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:29:25 PM

So, the payment request is in software form?
How about tx id?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:30:14 PM

No, I think it's not possible to send bitcoin without using a btc address.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 06:34:26 PM

So, the payment request is in software form?
How about tx id?
The payment request contains all of the necessary data for a transaction, e.g. the receiving address and the amount to send. The client parses all of that information and creates a normal transaction and sends the Bitcoin. It basically removes the step of giving people addresses to correctly copy and send to. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0070.mediawiki

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:53:10 PM

You can send BTC to E mail or to mobile from Blockchain, just check send options out there in Blockchain.  Wink
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:13:36 PM

You can send BTC to E mail or to mobile from Blockchain, just check send options out there in Blockchain.  Wink

your thoughts?
Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:44:36 PM

I want views from you guys!
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:36:58 PM

I don't think there's something like this, and I also don't see the need for this to exist. Looks like those things that make you buy gift cards in order to buy products: seems like a useless extra step to buy with/spend Bitcoins.

An address and modern clients do exactly what you're requesting: there's a "unique" code to which you can send funds
genesysOS

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:39:26 PM

I don't really see the point, why not just generate a private key and give that to the recipient? Why should we have some site holding the Bitcoins, that's a lot of unnecessary risk.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:42:02 PM

Don't think there is a need for such complication where he can just use the address and we have bar code scans which even make the process easier.Additionally you will need a hell lot of security measures since false codes can be generated to divert the payments .
Note :

BITCOIN address is an unique address so why you need to give your bitcoin address to generate another address which is just the simpler version of the previous address ? There is a reason why the address is complex,for security reasons.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:03:30 PM

It is a nice way of creating vanity receiving addresses. The potential would be huge, imagine your companies name linked to you bitcoin address!

Potential problem I see is that you need to trust the service to relay the transaction to the correct account.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:09:32 PM

wow, it looks quite interesting, and it seems increasingly difficult to be stolen, but I'm more interested if such transactions in blockchain, it makes everything we do be practical, because that is where excellence bitcoin
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 05:20:32 PM

Hi

Yep! I want to make a proper platform for it..so people can vouch bitcoin payments

I would love to see a flatform like that in the future it would be a big help for internet marketers if there are flatforms like this existing,in the future will definitely need a tool like this,since bitcoin now is widely accepted ad currency of payment please update us or open a thread if you created a flatform like that

Coinbuddy (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:21:19 PM

It is a nice way of creating vanity receiving addresses. The potential would be huge, imagine your companies name linked to you bitcoin address!

Potential problem I see is that you need to trust the service to relay the transaction to the correct account.

Yep! i also skeptical about this idea how it will work! whether it will gain exposure
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: