Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Colbert: Trump is "my old character with $10 billion"  (Read 240 times)
a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:56:50 PM

Colbert: Trump is "my old character with $10 billion"

In some ways, Stephen Colbert might argue that Donald Trump would have him out of business when he launched his campaign for president.

"I'm not the first person to say this, but I completely agree that he's my old character with $10 billion," Colbert told "Face the Nation" moderator John Dickerson in an interview that aired Sunday. He was referring to the conservative caricature he used to play on his show, "The Colbert Report," before taking over as the host of "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert."

"One of the reasons why you can't do that old character anymore (is) because he's doing it better than I ever could. Because he's willing to drink his own Kool- Aid. And manufacture and distribute it," Colbert explained. "If money is speech, he's got a $10 billion mouth and doesn't have to spend any of it because everyone will point a camera at him."

Colbert said he "really didn't think [Trump] would be doing this well" in his presidential campaign - putting him on equal footing with nearly every political pundit in America. As far as a theory of this election goes, he said, "all bets are off."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-colbert-donald-trump-is-my-old-character-with-10-billion/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: