Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:39:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When the price drops, what do you do?
BTFD aggresively! - 4 (33.3%)
Buy the dip as convenient - 6 (50%)
Buy or sell normally - 2 (16.7%)
Sell because you are unhappy - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do People HERE at bitcointalk BTFDs?  (Read 658 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:15:11 PM

I try to "Buy The F******Dip", but it is hard in my city as there are not very many good BTC buying opportunties.  We have a BTC ATM ("BTM"), but it charges 9% over spot and requires ID.  localbitcoins does not work too well here, sigh...

Yet, when BTC goes down, it does give me incentive to buy.  Like now.  If the place with the BTM is open tomorrow, I'll drive over...

What say you?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:03:17 PM

Not aggressively, but yeah, a few coins here and there on some dips Cheesy Always good to have a bit of Bitcoin profit, and also some fiat profit to pay for bills...
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6158

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:08:13 PM

I don't usually buy since my coins are mostly profit but when I do I only buy what I can (which means not much since I'm just a teenager) .
However with this price drop , I was little bit happy because it gave me the chance to sell some stuff for BTC (and It's always better to sell when BTC is low then when BTC is low because you will get more BTC when it's low) .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 03:15:39 AM

Buy the fucking dip! I also prefer BTFTU...which stands for back the fucking truck up (so I can load up my bitcoin that I've bought on the dip!) The aggressive approach should be based on each person's budget, balance and view of the market of course. And it's tough to consider this a dip when just a few months back we were in the 200s.

This guy below has the right idea...sell stuff for BTC when it's low!

I don't usually buy since my coins are mostly profit but when I do I only buy what I can (which means not much since I'm just a teenager) .
However with this price drop , I was little bit happy because it gave me the chance to sell some stuff for BTC (and It's always better to sell when BTC is low then when BTC is low because you will get more BTC when it's low) .
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 09:16:07 AM

I always but the drip as convenient as I can since I don't have much extra cash to but more but I usually get super active on cloud mining and trading bitcoin this is the best time to do that because after the dip the price will normalize or sometimes it will go up again like it did in the past

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:52:27 AM

Buy the fucking dip! I also prefer BTFTU...which stands for back the fucking truck up (so I can load up my bitcoin that I've bought on the dip!) The aggressive approach should be based on each person's budget, balance and view of the market of course. And it's tough to consider this a dip when just a few months back we were in the 200s.

This guy below has the right idea...sell stuff for BTC when it's low!

i agree too. i like to sell stuffs when btc is low. in this way, i can see it as more profit when the price rise back to the trend again. so i dont mind letting it go at a bit more cheaper den others.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 09:55:57 AM

Selling stuff seems to be the best idea. Now what have I got that I can sell online. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 10:26:22 AM

Maybe I'm missing something here but why not just buy at a trusted exchange like Bitstamp? Their verification process is not complicated and doesn't take very long. Once completed you can simply wire money from your local bank and be ready for the dips.
ryandanielt

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:31:54 AM

As a buyer and local seller I purchase as much as possible during and also sell it off locally for cash.

Its actually a great business to buy and sell locally, I think more people should start doing it!

Crypto Ninja! Want my signature? Perhaps you want my avatar? Let me know Smiley
belmonty

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:36:11 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here but why not just buy at a trusted exchange like Bitstamp? Their verification process is not complicated and doesn't take very long. Once completed you can simply wire money from your local bank and be ready for the dips.

If there is a reason the OP can't register and verify at Bitstamp he could register at Bitfinex because it allows you to register without verifying if you never withdraw fiat. He could deposit Bitcoins to Bitfinex, sell when it's high, buy back when it's low, and only withdraw in Bitcoins. Provided he never makes a fiat withdrawal he never needs to do KYC verification at Bitfinex.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:44:38 PM

If I were you, I wouldn't buy. That 9% fee seems pretty steep. I am waiting for the price to reach $400, that is when I will buy. Otherwise I won't make profit.

If the price doesn't reach $400. I just won't buy. I am not an impulse buyer, unlike a lot of people.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:46:49 PM

Maybe I should try this exchange. Mt.Gox kind of ruined exchanges for me. After that huge incident, I have never trusted exchanges like I used to.

Are you sure this is a safe exchange? I don't want to lose my money.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:10:47 PM

Maybe I should try this exchange. Mt.Gox kind of ruined exchanges for me. After that huge incident, I have never trusted exchanges like I used to.

If you don't trust them, just make sure the money is on there only for a short period of time.

Wire the fiat money to them, make the trade when you feel it is a good moment and than move the coins to your wallet asap.

If you want the cash again, just send the coins, trade and request the withdrawel.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 01:44:36 PM

I would say they're the safest and most trusted Bitcoin exchange around. Coinbase is definitely on the same level but they only operate in a handful of countries while Bitstamp is available worldwide. Of course there are no guarantees, it is practically impossible to foresee incidents like Mt Gox.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:01:33 PM

I have been buying monthly ever since we hit 2xx, and im still buying, im not going to stop buying monthly until I have 2 figure BTCs in my wallet, then I will stop buying monthly because it's too much hard work, I can't even eat properly, im eating cheap food just to be able to meet my portfolio goals. Some may say its insane but I don't care, I know in the end history will reward anyone that has at least 2 figures on their wallet in the long term.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: