Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is POS Mining Profitable?  (Read 5656 times)
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:11:56 PM

btw, this might be interesting for PoS investors
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.0

There are currently some PoS Pools that collect coins from investors to gain higher profits from staking.
I'd be very careful. I have been scammed by such a service 1 year ago and read something that one of the current providers doesn't so to be 100% legit, too.

Always think about: As soon as you've transferred your coins to such a service, they are out of your control and you never know if your coins are still available the next day. So it might be better to use a Raspi and use a solution like the link I posted

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arnoldent

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:07:27 AM

There are currently some PoS Pools that collect coins from investors to gain higher profits from staking.
I'd be very careful. I have been scammed by such a service 1 year ago and read something that one of the current providers doesn't so to be 100% legit, too.

Always think about: As soon as you've transferred your coins to such a service, they are out of your control and you never know if your coins are still available the next day. So it might be better to use a Raspi and use a solution like the link I posted

Can you just sell your coin to them?
tittiecoiner

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:26:42 PM

Do you really mean sell or send?

The link I posted is a Linux system with several wallets included, so you can use a simple Raspi to stake your coins.
The PoS pools I mentioned are similar to usual PoW mining pools. But instead of hashrate, you deposit your coins there (like an online wallet). They use all deposited coins from all users to stake (gain higher PoS earnings due to higher amount of coins) and each users gets a share depending on the percentage of his deposit.

I hope I was able to answer your question?

andreld

Activity: 202

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 10:10:28 AM

Do you really mean sell or send?

The link I posted is a Linux system with several wallets included, so you can use a simple Raspi to stake your coins.
The PoS pools I mentioned are similar to usual PoW mining pools. But instead of hashrate, you deposit your coins there (like an online wallet). They use all deposited coins from all users to stake (gain higher PoS earnings due to higher amount of coins) and each users gets a share depending on the percentage of his deposit.

I hope I was able to answer your question?

So that is just a service to stake the coin on your behalf.

But should be PoS earning same in percentage terms on all the coins? If you have more coins than I, You mine x% coins, I will also mine x% coins.

tittiecoiner

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:17:23 PM

So that is just a service to stake the coin on your behalf.

But should be PoS earning same in percentage terms on all the coins? If you have more coins than I, You mine x% coins, I will also mine x% coins.

That's the PoS pool that seems to be serious (be careful about giving control over your coins, though). You can find more information about how it works in their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091402.40

Arnoldent

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:53:12 AM

I would like to PoS myself. I do not want to give control to others. PoS just need a very little computing power.
sellcollateral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:59:02 AM

I would like to PoS myself. I do not want to give control to others. PoS just need a very little computing power.

I think you have a good attitude towards this problem... I wouldn't trust a staking pool, there are to many variables... I've read Gleb Gamow's thread on stakeminers, about the fact that they are unsolvent. Keep the coins on your own rasbpi (like suggested in this thread). It'll cost you a couple bucks a year worth of power, but you'll have access to the private keys holding your coins at all times Wink
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:48:53 AM

It can be rarher profitable if you make a plan and analyze all the pros and cons.

Personally I've invested in Cryptonex back in October-November and keep buying some more from time to time depending on the rate and market situation.
So my profit includes:

1. Cryptonex project offers its users pos mining which I use regulary - The profit is 12% annually. To get the reward from mining, I registered a web wallet, bought some CNX coins, transfered it to windows wallet. And now I just keep it online .
2. CNX is increasing while it is stored in my wallet and brings additional profit.
3. Just now I've started dealing with Cryptonex p2p platform, and you know, it can bring some extra money on crypto purchases and sells.

This works for me and I like this project.

Reviving an old post just to shill for your coin? I can appreciate the effort.

Just some thoughts:

1. Cryptonex volume on coinmarketcap seems to be UNRELIABLE because the reference is the cryptonex exchange itself. This was the case with Bitconnect which turned out to be a SCAM.
2. Cryptonex website uses all stock photos. Makes it like nothing is real.
3. What is blockchain acquiring? What does "the world's first blockchain acquiring" even mean? It may intrigue some teenage ICO investor but in reality it seems like BS. The website doesn't even explain this in the FAQ. There is no whitepaper.

Overall, Cryptonex smells like a SCAM.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: