Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2$ Bounty] Programming issue ! (VB.NET / ASP.NET)  (Read 611 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:55:25 AM

I know it's nothing big but well ..I suppose the issue isn't that big either .

You can see my issue that I'm facing here : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34484499/vb-net-not-showing-picture

In case you are too lazy to enter :

I'm basically trying to get the avatar picture of a specific user using this :

Code:
Private Function grab_p_pic(ByVal username As String) As Boolean
    Try
        Using saConn As New SqlConnection(fyben_reader)
            Dim query As String = "SELECT profile_pic_url FROM fybens_lair_website.dbo.db_web_profile WHERE username = '" & SafeSqlLiteral(username) & "'"
            Dim cmd As New SqlCommand(query, saConn)

saConn.Open()

Using saReader As SqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader
                While saReader.Read
                    profile_pic_url.ImageUrl = saReader("profile_pic_url")
                End While
            End Using
            saConn.Close()
        End Using
    Catch ex As Exception
        submitError(ex.Message)
    End Try
End Function

Design :
Code:
<div class='right_content' style='text-align: center;'>
                            <div id="profile_pic" runat="server">
                                <asp:Image ID="profile_pic_url" runat="server" Height="120" Width="120" />
                            </div>
                        </div>

Results that I'm getting are a Blank picture with borders and that's it . If I use "View page source code" by right-clicking on the browser , I will see that src = "" (which means it has nothing on it)

Any help is highly appreciated .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
excword

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:33:23 AM

I hope the following read may help you to find out the bug.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/efca2899-d8c7-49f6-ae6c-4934387b6177/load-image-column-from-database-into-image-control?forum=adodotnetdataproviders
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:16:37 AM

I think you've forgot to mention the image url,try this code :

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"
           AlternateText="Image text"
           ImageAlign="left"
           ImageUrl="images/image1.jpg"/>
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:19:31 AM

I think you've forgot to mention the image url,try this code :

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"
           AlternateText="Image text"
           ImageAlign="left"
           ImageUrl="images/image1.jpg"/>

How I'm supposed to set that if the ImageURL keep changing when the username changes ? It's basically avatar just like in Bitcointalk , when it's different user , it's a different Avatar
and that's why I'm trying to get it from the Database on the first place .

It's not exactly what I'm looking for but thanks for the efforts , appreciate it .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:25:21 AM

Umm try using this

ImageUrl='<%# Eval("Name","~\\Images\\{0}") %>'

also try setting visibility -True
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:45:53 AM

Umm try using this

It seems like you don't have any programming knowledge otherwise you would know that what you are doing is wrong , I mean how you are supposed to call the function to retrieve the name from Database ? you aren't . However I really appreciate the efforst , thanks

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:55:46 AM

Umm try using this

It seems like you don't have any programming knowledge otherwise you would know that what you are doing is wrong , I mean how you are supposed to call the function to retrieve the name from Database ? you aren't . However I really appreciate the efforst , thanks

Okay.First off all,what I expected was the program to do was,you would have all the images stored in the database with unique id's and each profiles having the primary key.Now I was planning to come up with a function to using (GET methods ofcourse) to get the unique images along with each primary key assigned to the profile,which seems quite organised.Now you don't have to be a judgmental bigot on my knowledge on programming .I was trying to help and obviously not for your  worthless 2 bucks but actual help. Seems like you don't have the courtesy to appreciate that. There you go www.teachmeprogrammingbasics.com ,you need this more.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 11:15:33 AM

Umm try using this

Okay.First off all,what I expected was the program to do was,you would have all the images stored in the database with unique id's and each profiles having the primary key.Now I was planning to come up with a function to using (GET methods ofcourse) to get the unique images along with each primary key assigned to the profile,which seems quite organised.Now you don't have to be a judgmental bigot on my knowledge on programming .I was trying to help and obviously not for your  worthless 2 bucks but actual help. Seems like you don't have the courtesy to appreciate that. There you go www.teachmeprogrammingbasics.com ,you need this more.

I said I appreciate the help and the efforts and I simply didn't knew that you are a programmer .
Images URLs are stored in the database on the column named "profile_pic_url" and that's it , let's say that the column contains https://i.imgur.com/aQfKXl4.png for the user "OmegaStarScream" , I just want to show that picture .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:26:06 AM

Umm try using this

this is the old asp.. asp:image is .net...
i think this is not the solution

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:31:20 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 08:46:11 AM by unsoindovo

I know it's nothing big but well ..I suppose the issue isn't that big either .

You can see my issue that I'm facing here : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34484499/vb-net-not-showing-picture

In case you are too lazy to enter :

I'm basically trying to get the avatar picture of a specific user using this :

Code:
Private Function grab_p_pic(ByVal username As String) As Boolean
    Try
        Using saConn As New SqlConnection(fyben_reader)
            Dim query As String = "SELECT profile_pic_url FROM fybens_lair_website.dbo.db_web_profile WHERE username = '" & SafeSqlLiteral(username) & "'"
            Dim cmd As New SqlCommand(query, saConn)

saConn.Open()

Using saReader As SqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader
                While saReader.Read
                    profile_pic_url.ImageUrl = saReader("profile_pic_url")
                End While
            End Using
            saConn.Close()
        End Using
    Catch ex As Exception
        submitError(ex.Message)
    End Try
End Function

Design :
Code:
<div class='right_content' style='text-align: center;'>
                            <div id="profile_pic" runat="server">
                                <asp:Image ID="profile_pic_url" runat="server" Height="120" Width="120" />
                            </div>
                        </div>

Results that I'm getting are a Blank picture with borders and that's it . If I use "View page source code" by right-clicking on the browser , I will see that src = "" (which means it has nothing on it)

Any help is highly appreciated .

usually a don't use this syntax to read data from database... but we know, there are a lot of way to do the same thing.
i think you miss some line of code...

check here...
this is what you need

https://msdn.microsoft.com/it-it/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqldatareader.read(v=vs.110).aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=vb#code-snippet-2

i think what you need is to convert saReader("profile_pic_url") to string

saReader("profile_pic_url").toString()

infact saReader("profile_pic_url") return ad object and profile_pic_url.ImageUrl need a string.

hope this help you!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:29:18 AM

Hi there , it's not that either but I'm guessing that I will solve it soon , see here when I call it on Page_load :

Code:
 ' Check wether or not user is logged in
            Dim cookie As HttpCookie = Request.Cookies(Encrypt("Username"))

If Not cookie Is Nothing Then
    grab_p_pic(Decrypt(Request.Cookies(Encrypt("Username")).Value))

What I'm doing is checking if the user is logged or not , when I put there the function doesn't work and as I said it give me a blank picture ...
However if I take that grab_p_pic function from the If...then statements then it's going work (if I'm logged) otherwise It will give me a page full of errors

Now why the hell it doesn't work inside the If then statement ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:49:51 PM

Hi there , it's not that either but I'm guessing that I will solve it soon , see here when I call it on Page_load :

Code:

What I'm doing is checking if the user is logged or not , when I put there the function doesn't work and as I said it give me a blank picture ...
However if I take that grab_p_pic function from the If...then statements then it's going work (if I'm logged) otherwise It will give me a page full of errors

Dump ex.message here.
Maybe is a variable context problem?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:18:50 AM

Code:

Dump ex.message here.
Maybe is a variable context problem?

That's the issue ,I'm using an open source website and Visual studio 2015 can't seem to be able to open it so what I did is setting the project up directly on IIS and started using it so in case there is an error in compilation or while running the code , it won't really appear .
But I don't think there is an error since the code is on Page_load so it should give me an error on the website when I try to access the page

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:29:41 AM

If you have access to it, did you check event view and IIS log? Otherwise you can dump error to file text in the catch section. If you are sure who code is OK while user is logged, i think is a problem of context.
I think it is useful to log something to file lile the SQL query and the result of saReader.
 Give me update on it.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:08:55 PM

If you have access to it, did you check event view and IIS log? Otherwise you can dump error to file text in the catch section. If you are sure who code is OK while user is logged, i think is a problem of context.
I think it is useful to log something to file lile the SQL query and the result of saReader.
 Give me update on it.

I tried that and it didn't give me any error to the database (I'm sending the errors to database instead of text file)  Cry

EDIT :  I just got it sorted out and I really have no idea why it got fixed , what I did is adding "Else" statement with the if and that was it , If user is logged I grab the picture otherwise I don't ...
I didn't thought it would fix the issue but well , Glad it did even if I'm not sure how and why xD because that still doesn't explain why I wasn't able to grab the picture when I was logged before Shocked

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████