Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ∎∎ UdemyDL ∎∎ | NO LONGER FOR SALE  (Read 24463 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tmicfytb

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:51:45 AM

Still selling!

Could you please reply to my #211 post? I sent you an email, posted my questions here, and still haven't got an answer :-(

Hi tmicfytb, your second error is doubt some connection issues. Delete those 1kb videos and rerun the course download. This works avoiding the already downloaded material and only download the failed files. Usually with a .mp4 search is enough.

Tell us if works fine.

That's what I thought, but I downloaded the whole course 3 times, and the same files were 1 kb of size. Please try to download the course, I'm curious, let me know your results. Then I thought maybe the original videos are corrupted on Udemy, but that's not the case. One of the damaged files can be previewed, and that's proof the source is OK.

Hi, I think the 6 and 11 classes are not downloadable, because maybe are slideshows (see the icons to the classname list). I will try download tomorrow and tell you.

I'm not speaking about the slideshows. For example try lecture 33, it's a video, you can even preview it on Udemy, but the downloaded file is corrupted, only 338 bytes for me.

tmicfytb

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:08:52 AM

Yep, slideshows are not downloadable atm.
Please email me if you are still having problems

At what address? I already sent you an email to kreis@tuta.io on 25th January and haven't got a response since then.
KrejsX (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 09:14:12 AM

At what address? I already sent you an email to kreis@tuta.io on 25th January and haven't got a response since then.

Strange, don't see your email.
Can you please re-send, thanks!
KrejsX (OP)

Developer

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:17:39 PM

Still selling!
Vorterix29

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:33:34 PM

Hi,finally i manage to get the program working
And now i have a problem
File "(string)", line 631,in run
File "(string)", line 533, in udemy_dl
File "(string)",line 379 in apiData
File "(string)",line 275 in parseVideo
KeyError:"asset"
Please solve it
wormat22

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:01:59 PM

Is this program still working? Thinking about buying!
tmicfytb

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:44:36 AM

Strange, don't see your email.
Can you please re-send, thanks!

I re-sent it just now!
klutzon

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:37:54 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 03:56:37 PM by klutzon

It's still working (3+ weeks after purchase). Smiley

Just thought I'd chime in and help out those with questions about the program and the last few pages of this thread.

Having problems / errors?
Here's a solution that helps me roughly 60% of the time
The 2 different script errors you're hearing about in this thread are happening, but they also happened with this ripper's ancestors. Also, it's only happening for a small percentage of the courses available on Udemy, that I've experienced so far at least. Most courses download with no problem.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like a few specific courses have been packaged in a way that UdemyDL has trouble reading, at least first time or when they're part of a long list. (That's my best guess based on my experience at least.) I believe the problem's more to do with Udemy's side and not so much with UdemyDL's, but there could be some tweaking that KrejsX could do that might help. (Or not, we'll see.)

In case you get either of these errors (while KrejsX investigates) while trying to get a course, in my experience what sometimes works for me is to load each of the "problematic" courses one at a time in UdemyDL.

If I load UdemyDL up, copy-paste and download only one URL, then sometimes it goes through and downloads the course (when before, when it was part of a list, it would hit an error). I'd say this works roughly 60% of the time for me. Just keep the URLs of all the "problem" courses in a separate notepad, and try each one of them one by one.

However, there are just some courses, a very small handful (out of 30,000) but still, that are "stubborn" and you just can't rip right now. (I feel for you guys, there's a few courses I can't get no matter how many times I try.) For those... thank God for Udemy's $10 sales. Tongue

[edit]: One other thing: I've noticed also that UdemyDL performs best when you take breaks in between downloading courses. I've noticed what feels to me like, spamming Udemy's server continuously with download requests tends to initiate "cooldown" times on your IP. Knowing this might help you get encourage your problem courses to go through too. Smiley

In short:
1. This tool still does its job really well.
2. To date, it's the best of its kind.
3. It's available to purchase right now for a low price. (for who knows how long...?)
4. It can rip (I'd say) at least 96% of the courses available on Udemy (as of this post, 31/01/16)
5. it can even resume downloads that got interrupted Wink
6. For the problematic ones, you have a solution that may help the process (otherwise just deal and be grateful with what you can get. Smiley )
7. If you want to empower yourself with high quality training, but can't afford to buy all the courses your heart desires, this is an ideal solution for you.

I hope that helps ends the spam of error messages in this thread, and give renewed confidence to all interested parties. Smiley
KrejsX (OP)

Developer

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:55:46 PM

It's still working (3+ weeks after purchase). Smiley

Just thought I'd chime in and help out those with questions about the program and the last few pages of this thread.

Having problems / errors?
Here's a solution that helps me roughly 60% of the time
The 2 different script errors you're hearing about in this thread are happening, but they also happened with this ripper's ancestors. Also, it's only happening for a small percentage of the courses available on Udemy, that I've experienced so far at least. Most courses download with no problem.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like a few specific courses have been packaged in a way that UdemyDL has trouble reading, at least first time or when they're part of a long list. (That's my best guess based on my experience at least.) I believe the problem's more to do with Udemy's side and not so much with UdemyDL's, but there could be some tweaking that KrejsX could do that might help. (Or not, we'll see.)

In case you get either of these errors (while KrejsX investigates) while trying to get a course, in my experience what sometimes works for me is to load each of the "problematic" courses one at a time in UdemyDL.

If I load UdemyDL up, copy-paste and download only one URL, then sometimes it goes through and downloads the course (when before, when it was part of a list, it would hit an error). I'd say this works roughly 60% of the time for me. Just keep the URLs of all the "problem" courses in a separate notepad, and try each one of them one by one.

However, there are just some courses, a very small handful (out of 30,000) but still, that are "stubborn" and you just can't rip right now. (I feel for you guys, there's a few courses I can't get no matter how many times I try.) For those... thank God for Udemy's $10 sales. Tongue

[edit]: One other thing: I've noticed also that UdemyDL performs best when you take breaks in between downloading courses. I've noticed what feels to me like, spamming Udemy's server continuously with download requests tends to initiate "cooldown" times on your IP. Knowing this might help you get encourage your problem courses to go through too. Smiley

In short:
1. This tool still does its job really well.
2. To date, it's the best of its kind.
3. It's available to purchase right now for a low price. (for who knows how long...?)
4. It can rip (I'd say) at least 96% of the courses available on Udemy (as of this post, 31/01/16)
5. For the problematic ones, you have a solution that may help the process (otherwise just deal and be grateful with what you can get. Smiley )
6. If you want to empower yourself with high quality training, but can't afford to buy all the courses your heart desires, this is an ideal solution for you.

I hope that helps ends the spam of error messages in this thread, and give renewed confidence to all interested parties. Smiley

Thanks for the review Smiley
golit

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:15:30 PM

It's okay, but there are many popular courses which are broken.  Sad
But it is still the best tool to download on udemy I know.
Just search on the internet to get it a bit cheaper  Grin
.Genesis

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:49:20 AM

Could I get a vouch copy? Add me on skype @ genesis.txt
KrejsX (OP)

Developer

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:34:36 AM

No more vouch copies
tmicfytb

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:17:41 AM

No more vouch copies

NICELY PLAYED KREJSX, YOU DELETED MY OPINION FROM HERE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT. BUT THEN DELETE MY OPINION FROM THE FIRST PAGE, WHERE I VOUCHED FOR YOU. IT'S EASIER THAN GIVING SINCERE ANSWERS. YOU KNOW YOU ONLY NEED ONE ANGRY CUSTOMER TO REPORT THIS WHOLE ACTIVITY TO UDEMY, AND I'M STARTING TO GET ANGRY WITH YOU NOW!
KrejsX (OP)

Developer

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:17:29 AM

No more vouch copies

NICELY PLAYED KREJSX, YOU DELETED MY OPINION FROM HERE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT. BUT THEN DELETE MY OPINION FROM THE FIRST PAGE, WHERE I VOUCHED FOR YOU. IT'S EASIER THAN GIVING SINCERE ANSWERS. YOU KNOW YOU ONLY NEED ONE ANGRY CUSTOMER TO REPORT THIS WHOLE ACTIVITY TO UDEMY, AND I'M STARTING TO GET ANGRY WITH YOU NOW!

I didn't delete it because I didn't like your option, I deleted because it was in all caps, rude and dumb. Feel free to post it properly and not abusively and i'll leave it there.
tmicfytb

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:41:57 AM

No more vouch copies

I didn't delete it because I didn't like your option, I deleted because it was in all caps, rude and dumb. Feel free to post it properly and not abusively and i'll leave it there.

I didn't mean it to be rude, I only capitalised for easier reading. Look, I think it's a great piece of software, I just can't understand why you don't reply to me. I sent you an email twice, I didn't want to mess your thread here.
At the end of my email I also asked you to contact me because I'm interested in LyndaDL, but again, no reply. It could be sooooooooo much easier if you replied to my email.
klutzon

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:57:23 AM

I didn't mean it to be rude, I only capitalised for easier reading. Look, I think it's a great piece of software, I just can't understand why you don't reply to me. I sent you an email twice, I didn't want to mess your thread here.
At the end of my email I also asked you to contact me because I'm interested in LyndaDL, but again, no reply. It could be sooooooooo much easier if you replied to my email.

Relax there buddy. Smiley Remember KrejsX's in Australia, big time zone difference for a lot of people.

As far as email goes, if for some reason you can't reach him by email (and it can happen sometimes), just connect with KrejsX over Skype. Quick, painless, and immediate response (when he's at his PC). When you add him as a contact, mention your forum name so he knows it's you, he'll help you out.

I understand your frustration, you wanna join the party too ^^. But no need to kill the party for everyone. Just use the side entrance. Wink
haraop

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:21:45 PM

Please, I would like a link for a free vouch copy. Thanks.
KrejsX (OP)

Developer

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:02:33 AM

Vouch copies are all gone, sorry.
klutzon

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:54:57 AM

New update out in the next couple of days fixing all of the problems Smiley Only got 2 more bugs to fix before I can realses.

Great to hear. Wink Looking forward to it!

A suggestion: update thread title to mention "Vouch Copies Finished" or something like that? Smiley
KrejsX (OP)

Developer

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:10:34 AM

New update out in the next couple of days fixing all of the problems Smiley Only got 2 more bugs to fix before I can realses.

Great to hear. Wink Looking forward to it!

A suggestion: update thread title to mention "Vouch Copies Finished" or something like that? Smiley

Update is out and title fixed!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: