Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi made a big mistake while creating bitcoin?  (Read 1835 times)
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:36:29 PM

Pseudo anonymous can be a good feature for bitcoin. It will let authority track the illegal use of bitcoin.

Not really. People using bitcoin for illegal activity already probably know that bitcoin is not anonymous, and know how to deal with it (e.g. use mixers, always new addresses, etc.).  The problem is with an average joe, who may not know that his nosy neighbour can see all his transactions if the neighbour will learn joe's address or addresses. Or a company who may use bitcoin for its transactions and give away its concurrency information how much they are using bitcoins, if the addresses used will be known.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:23:05 AM

does any altcoin have a proof of work system that forces decentralization built into it in a respect where any botnet, mining center or what not all would not be viable options but running stuff from home computers would be?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
CreativeCarol

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:15:12 AM

It's only a mistake when people cannot do what they need to do effectively and efficiently. We cannot have anymore breaches of privacy in terms of money.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:17:51 AM

People like bitcoin because it is anonymous and people can have their money hidden from government. Without identity bitcoin can be used by the people like me where other global payment processor doesn't allow their services, so bitcoin is perfect interms of privacy and function than traditional system.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:29:43 AM

I usually don't think of "Satoshi" and "mistake" in a sentence together.  It is simply beautiful design and will work itself out in time.

I love Bitcoin
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:39:23 AM

People like bitcoin because it is anonymous and people can have their money hidden from government. Without identity bitcoin can be used by the people like me where other global payment processor doesn't allow their services, so bitcoin is perfect interms of privacy and function than traditional system.

Bitcoin is not anonymous. Please check bitcoin.org or link in my signature. For example, from bitcoin.org:

https://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know

Bitcoin is not anonymous

...All Bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network, which means anyone can see the balance and transactions of any Bitcoin address ...

or offical bitcoin FAQ: https://bitcoin.org/en/faq#is-bitcoin-anonymous

Is Bitcoin anonymous?

... Bitcoin is not anonymous and cannot offer the same level of privacy as cash. The use of Bitcoin leaves extensive public records. ...

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:51:03 AM

Hello bitcoin experts!

I have seen this video about bitcoin:http://youtu.be/J52AM5SrOHw the creator of the video is saying that satoshi made one mistake when he created bitcoins and we only can solve the that mistake by giving the miners a little bit of identity and then ensire that bitcoins are decentralized.

Is that true? I need your opinions!

Absolutely true. The small miners are not getting any chances to get profitable sum of bitcoins because the difficulty level is too high.

You have to buy 5 Antminer S7 to get 1 btc in one day. Huh

In 2009 when Satoshi mined, he could mine 50 bitcoins in every 12 hours. 
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:01:48 AM

Hello bitcoin experts!

I have seen this video about bitcoin:http://youtu.be/J52AM5SrOHw the creator of the video is saying that satoshi made one mistake when he created bitcoins and we only can solve the that mistake by giving the miners a little bit of identity and then ensire that bitcoins are decentralized.

Is that true? I need your opinions!

Absolutely true. The small miners are not getting any chances to get profitable sum of bitcoins because the difficulty level is too high.

You have to buy 5 Antminer S7 to get 1 btc in one day. Huh

In 2009 when Satoshi mined, he could mine 50 bitcoins in every 12 hours. 

satoshi was able to mine 50 bitcoins in every 12 hours is because their were only very low user of bitcoin and miner were not that much so load was low , that is why he was able to mine it fast, but now so many miners are their so now the load is 10 times more , so it is clear that it will be some what difficult in mining and the profit will be less.

the programmers are also working on that and still they are in process once it they get result they will surely updated it.

satoshi made mistake what others are telling is that is not mistake , doing process without identification is not bad. why even fiat currency sites you give full identification even then their are scammers who are scaming and no one is able to find them. their is always negative and positive side of all process.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 06:34:38 AM

satoshi made one mistake when he created bitcoins and we only can solve the that mistake by giving the miners a little bit of identity and then ensire that bitcoins are decentralized.

Well, Bitcoin is neither fully anonymous, nor decentralized because,

• Every single transaction that were ever made are available in the blockchain and your personal info is being tied with your address whenever you are making a purchase online or offline(= hand to hand transactions).

• Bigger pools = better stability for the network = Pseudo-centralization (See for yourself)

I think this pretty much sums it up to denote the current position of Bitcoin protocol.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:28:16 AM

satoshi made one mistake when he created bitcoins and we only can solve the that mistake by giving the miners a little bit of identity and then ensire that bitcoins are decentralized.

What "little bit of identity" are you talking about???
It's a fact that nothing can be hidden completely, which means that nothing can be "purely anonymous"...
Satoshi didn't just had only one thing in mind, he had this innovative concept because he wanted to let people control their own monetary holdings...

lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:50:55 PM

yes i think anonymity is a really a reason to worry but if is pritty helpful too.we know not knowing the important information of the dealer is a big risk but bitcoin has also take a lot of precausions to minimise that risk but it still didnt completly finished that risk.bitcoin has made the whole network anonymus with their random hashes or so called bitcoin addresses or better call them bitcoin based keys but still i think peoples should take some precaustions for that small risk as that small risk is enough for a hacker or a crypto thief to stole our balance or other important informations
LinaMay

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:08:10 PM

No, no mistake about it here. Hopefully we'll be fine. As far as I am sure it'll be okay. Bitcoin is cool.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:24:55 PM

i think bitcoin is quite balance between annoymity and decentralise. however, i am worried that the bitcoin is not able to spread out evenly and will dominate by minority. in this way, it is not healthy for the whole population.
Rols

Activity: 636

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:36:44 PM

satoshi made several mistakes but I dont think trying to make it anonymous is one of them. If you want chargeback then use paypal. To have an identity linked to an BTC address would reveal much more than fiat does or an creditcard. Its hard to make one payment system that will fit all situations and its good to have choices. Simply put use the one you want and need for that transaction you are going to do.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:20:34 PM

Nothing can be abslutely anonymous and the Government also can track our transactions but bitcoins have made it a bit difficult for them to get the total amount we own in bitcoins and then apply taxes on the amount. Bitcoin is one of the best currencies as it's a currency that we own and we can mine unlike other recognized currencies and hence people are drawn towards it. It's not only the anonymity factor that matters to many.
Panzersin

Activity: 901

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:52:49 AM

Bitcoin is not truely anonymous. But it allow us to send payment without using the bank, so it is good for some poor people.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀            ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄███████████████▄
  █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     █▀    ▄▄████▄▄   ▀█     █▀▄██    ██    ██▄▀█     █▀   ██████████  ▀█     █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     ███████████████████
 █     ███████████   █   █     ██████████    █   █  ▐███  ████  ███▌  █   █     ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    █   █     ███████████   █   █████████████████████
▐▌     ████  ░████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▀  ▀████   ▐▌ ▐▌   ███▌██████▐███   ▐▌ ▐▌     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████   ████   ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █▌ ▄ ▐█ ▐██ ▐██▌
▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▄  ▄████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ██████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █  ▀  █ ▐██ ▐██▌
 █     ████          █   █     ██████████    █   █     ████  ████     █   █     ████          █   █     ████▀████▄    █   █▌ ▀▀ ▌ ▐█▌ ▐   █   █
  █▄   ████        ▄█     █▄    ▀▀████▀▀   ▄█     █▄    ██    ██    ▄█     █▄   ██████████  ▄█     █▄   ████  ▀████ ▄█    ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄            ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀█████████▀▀

.POWER. PLAY

██       ██████████
         ████    ██ █ ▄▄▄█       █
        ██████   █   █▀  ██    █████
       ████████  ██ █    █ ████████████
████████████████████    ██   ██████████
███████████████████    █      ████████
  █████████▄▄▄████▌   █ █▀█▄  ████████
   ███████▀   ██ █     █   █▀█
    ███████▄    █     █   █   █
   ████████▀█         █ █▌█▐█ █
   ███████████    ▄    █▄ █  █
          ██████   ▀▄▄ ▄ █▄▄▄█
            █████▄    ▀   ▄█▀
            █████▀████████▀
EURO
MILLIONS

████  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████  ██

██  ████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  ████

miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:00:38 AM

I personally agree with the fact anonymity s the single worst  trait Satoshi gave to BTC. It attracts scammers, ponzi operator and similar slime. These people scam good people and deter them from using BTC. If you dont do with illegal stuff, why hide? If you do illegal stuff, I dont want u in BTC.
It's not anonymous, it is pseudonymous. Those are two different things that get confused.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: