May 07, 2024, 02:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: READ OP
YES - 44 (86.3%)
NO - 7 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 51

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would this be a good idea?  (Read 14817 times)
Equinoxx (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:48:53 PM

I have funds outside of Bitcoin, do you think a service where I buy for things that only accept real cash i.e https://g2a.com, amazon.com or anything else. And I receive Bitcoin?
Obviously escrow can be used, or people can pay upfront, whatever the case is.

Bottom line, is this a good idea?

Yes, it is good so that you can help bitcoin to circulate on the market. Good way also to  encourage others to do what you're doing. That's a good start already to help bitcoin develop faster.

Maybe like a network? Anyone can join and just do what I am doing and this will help increase the growth in bitcoin. Good suggestion.

-.sgmf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:47:10 PM

I have funds outside of Bitcoin, do you think a service where I buy for things that only accept real cash i.e https://g2a.com, amazon.com or anything else. And I receive Bitcoin?

Yes, it is good so that you can help bitcoin to circulate on the market. Good way also to  encourage others to do what you're doing. That's a good start already to help bitcoin develop faster.

Maybe like a network? Anyone can join and just do what I am doing and this will help increase the growth in bitcoin. Good suggestion.
It can help to growing bitcoin in that way.. but i think someone already made that site that you can buy games  g2a using their site that accept bitcoin i forgot the name but its already made many games in their website is from g2a.com also in amazon someone already made those service like purse.io..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:24:29 PM

You should try many ways to get them for bitcoin,before converting into fiat,i think there are some pages like this.
However you can just make post's on forum somewhere,that you want to buy few games,just make one topic and tell us all the games
that you want to have,im pretty sure that you will find many people who might sell them to you with bitcoin,just try it.
anyway bitbaby is true,you may have problem with trust,but as he said too,you can use escrow service you avoid that problem.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:35:07 PM

It can help to growing bitcoin in that way.. but i think someone already made that site that you can buy games  g2a using their site that accept bitcoin i forgot the name but its already made many games in their website is from g2a.com also in amazon someone already made those service like purse.io..

I mean its a good attempt, but g2a can easily kill your business if they just add bitpay to their business model.

So to go through the hurdles and gain the traffic like g2a did through various streamers and whatever else they did then just to see your business die overnight would be painful.

Equinoxx (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:09:07 AM

I mean its a good attempt, but g2a can easily kill your business if they just add bitpay to their business model.

So to go through the hurdles and gain the traffic like g2a did through various streamers and whatever else they did then just to see your business die overnight would be painful.

G2a already uses BitPay believe it or not. But as just using G2A as an example. Any company that ONLY accepts fiat - let just say g2a (example) - I would use my exchange services for it.

-.sgmf
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:17:10 AM

Yes , It would be helpful .
Your idea is to buy anything if a user want from g2a.com etc site and gets bitcoins from the users instead of fiat.
If you don't charge extra fees then it is a great idea .
Equinoxx (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:19:04 AM

Your idea is to buy anything if a user want from g2a.com etc site and gets bitcoins from the users instead of fiat.

Yeah you get the point. And if I wanted to make it a non-profit business then I guess  I would provide the receipt of the transaction to my buyer. Making it fair.

-.sgmf
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 12:24:56 AM

Yeah you get the point. And if I wanted to make it a non-profit business then I guess  I would provide the receipt of the transaction to my buyer. Making it fair.

No need to provide the transaction. The user just wants the game just give the user cheapest rate from around you can have profit too .

Example, You are getting a game for 10$ instead of 14$ from steam you can sell it for 12$ and still have 1$ profit.

Good luck!
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:27:33 AM

No need to provide the transaction. The user just wants the game just give the user cheapest rate from around you can have profit too .

Example, You are getting a game for 10$ instead of 14$ from steam you can sell it for 12$ and still have 1$ profit.

Good luck!
Transaction is good because it is like the receipt that make you proved you have bought or sell something. It is to make avoid others from lying. So it is still recommended.
LucioTan

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:23:28 AM

Good luck!
Transaction is good because it is like the receipt that make you proved you have bought or sell something. It is to make avoid others from lying. So it is still recommended.

The fact that his idea is that it is somewhat  trading with some services offered included. That's a good thing. Because many games like what he stated dont accept BTC as payment and only accept real cash. So, he do the job and you pay BTC then he will buy points or something form a game in real cash. Many bitcoiners here prefer to buy using bitcoins instead of real mone because it is the currency they have. You are making their job a lot more easier. That's great
Equinoxx (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 05:23:34 AM

So I see that most of you understand the main point.
And I had made a post that didn't receive many responses. Please check it out and get back to me:

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. Really - I appreciate it!

So I have come to the conclusion that this could be used in stuff like this;

Services that have no physical part meaning it is digital.
Like a VPN service or Cloud Storage service.

Say you wanted a VPN from PureVPN (Arguably one of the best VPNs) and when I used them they didn't accept Bitcoin (Not sure if they do know but you get the point) I could use my fiat to pay for the service and you pay me in bitcoin for a %1 fee (Just a rough number).

I would make a thread just to see what kind of a demand is there in services that accept fiat ONLY and not bitcoin.

I will make a follow up post after this.

But first tell me what you think of this plan.

-.sgmf
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:10:03 AM

you can add ebay, which has nothing like purse.io at the moment, i was going to order something but i want to do it with bitcoin

As I said, if there is more attraction I wouldn't mind doing this.
This is definitely a good idea. Ever since Humble Bundle stopped allowing people to buy with bitcoin in the Humble Store I'm been a little pressed for games. You should offer this as soon as possible!

Why would people pay you to buy in fiat for them, when they can buy in fiat for themselves?

If they have bitcoins and want to buy something from a store that only accepts fiat, they can sell their coins and buy themselves without having to pay you a dime.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:37:54 PM

You will have to make your prices very competitive since I'm sure many people try this, once you build up trust you could start to charge more simply because people know you will deliver the good or service as expected. I think this is a good idea and could be profitable.
rhino34567

Activity: 288

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:54:18 AM

Not sure if I get exactly what's your idea but if you will be accepting fiat money from CCs, Paypal and even cash, you should be very careful about scammers.

If it is the other way around, then I think it's much easier and definitely a good idea, just make them pay upfront as you said and it should be no problem. The only issue I see is that I'm not sure how many people will use your service. If they already have Bitcoin, they surely got it by purchasing it via CCs, bank accounts, etc.

No no, I accept fiat and sell in BTC. For example if you wanted a game from g2a.com you could give me the BTC and I buy with fiat and we do a transaction like that.

That seems to be what everyone does I don't see the reasoning that Its not a bad idea.

JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:24:55 PM

G2A already has btc as a payment option. I realize the thread was not made before then but now btc is accepted and has been for quite some time.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:11:08 PM

Not sure if I get exactly what's your idea but if you will be accepting fiat money from CCs, Paypal and even cash, you should be very careful about scammers.

If it is the other way around, then I think it's much easier and definitely a good idea, just make them pay upfront as you said and it should be no problem. The only issue I see is that I'm not sure how many people will use your service. If they already have Bitcoin, they surely got it by purchasing it via CCs, bank accounts, etc.

No no, I accept fiat and sell in BTC. For example if you wanted a game from g2a.com you could give me the BTC and I buy with fiat and we do a transaction like that.

It is obviously a good idea, for example if i want to buy something from a store that does not accept bitcoin so i come to you and say that buy me this thing and i will pay you the amount in bitcoins, that is what you mean, right?
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:56:17 PM

it seems very good idea, just please let me know two things: 1. What is your  rate for doing these and for example if we want to buy a 10$ item how much do you charge us? 2. Do you want to work only here or run a website for this?

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Anon_7716

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:13:26 PM

It is obviously a good idea, for example if i want to buy something from a store that does not accept bitcoin so i come to you and say that buy me this thing and i will pay you the amount in bitcoins, that is what you mean, right?

Yeah, it may mean he is like that. Indeed this is very nice to do, but it still has a fairly complex problem that is we have to do this Offline, because maybe we pay just by calling and asking for the account.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:37:15 PM

it seems very good idea, just please let me know two things: 1. What is your  rate for doing these and for example if we want to buy a 10$ item how much do you charge us? 2. Do you want to work only here or run a website for this?
I think g2a.com accepting bitcoins right now via bitpay.. try this link for those who need it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p546v/online_gaming_giant_g2a_starts_accepting_bitcoin/
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:44:11 PM

This is a great idea. But you should be very cautious with the customers - you never know when you get scammed. I have heard of G2A accepting Bitcoin, Steam is accepting Bitcoin too. Other sites like Amazon do not though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: