Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD! ANACS graded Silver MicroSoul 0.05 BTC Physical Bitcoin, Series 1 w Gold B  (Read 831 times)
snarlpill (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 09:29:43 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 04:36:42 PM by snarlpill

SOLD!

Price reduced 1/1/16 - Happy New Year to my fellow Bitcoiners!

Hey everybody, I have for sale today an ANACS graded MS65 2014 Series 1 - 1/2 oz Silver MicroSoul 0.05BTC coin with Gold BTC.
These coins are pretty rare- not the smallest mintage physical Bitcoin, but these do not pop up often on the secondary market. A must-have for anybody needing to fill in a gap in their MicroSoul type collection!

With an original planned mintage of 1,000 coins, it is estimated only 140 of them made it into collector hands, as the rest were seized by Chinese customs. (Source) Each coin had their serial number etched into the rim of the coin, this particular coin is "243 of 1000".

Funded by its creator with its face value of 0.05 BTC, struck in a 1/2 oz of .999 pure Silver, and with beautiful selective gold-plating, this coin will make a great addition to your collection! Though graded MS65 (which still qualifies it as a "Gem"), I feel like this would probably grade a point or 2 higher if cracked out of its slab and returned to ANACS, especially with the trend of higher grades that seem to be coming from them lately.

**It is possible that this coin may be one of the more rare "Zombie" MicroSoul varieties, as I have not had any luck searching for the first bits of the coin's address on any block explorers. ("Zombie" Source/Info.)   Perhaps gravitate will pop in and clarify this.**
There is a slight ripple on the top of the hologram as can be seen in pictures, but the security hologram is still fully intact, and this coin was purchased as is from a very trustworthy source (Blazed).

Price: 0.40BTC, including tracked shipping to the US; for international we can figure it out, but it can be done with a reasonable price. Will also consider trades for Precious Metals. Escrow is of course accepted if desired; buyer pays any escrow fees.

A few more pictures can be seen here: http://imgur.com/a/73nR7

Any Questions Just Ask!

-snarlpill

goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:22:23 AM

Is it the photos or the coin - all I can seem to see wrong is the gold wearing off in places - is that what caused the MS65 grade?

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1190

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:39:47 PM

Is it the photos or the coin - all I can seem to see wrong is the gold wearing off in places - is that what caused the MS65 grade?

I've got one of these coins and the gold does look very faded on it, if I recall correctly it was a bit of a manufacturing defect. The user Gravitate produces microsoul coins so if you wanted more detail you can contact them

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:08:26 PM

I've got one of these coins and the gold does look very faded on it, if I recall correctly it was a bit of a manufacturing defect. The user Gravitate produces microsoul coins so if you wanted more detail you can contact them

I'll second that -- I have two and they both came that way new, looking kinda faded, and the gold is a little out of alignment in some places. I believe Gravitate is working with a different mint now.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
snarlpill (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 06:15:46 PM

Hey goose20, there are a couple small areas around the rim where the gold plating is thin, but I am not sure how much the gilding is taken into consideration when grading a coin. From my understanding, the strike of the coin, along with its condition, are the main areas of focus. I know that many levels of magnification are used when a grader is examining a coin, and sometimes imperfections that affect a grade are not visible to the naked eye. However, coin grading is subjective at times, and this coin could very well receive a different grade if resubmitted.

Any interest in this original MicroSoul Silver 0.05BTC coin? Pricing was a bit tricky as they do not pop up very often on the secondary market, but I believe the price I set was pretty fair. For example, I know of the same coin (Series 1 Silver 0.05BTC) currently being offered for sale in MS67 for 1BTC, and one graded MS66 being offered for approx. 0.5BTC.
I will reduce mine to 0.4BTC from 0.42BTC; if there's any interest let me know.

snarlpill (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 01:28:34 AM

BTCump...   any interest here?

goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:16:05 PM

Well done to the buyer of this coin. Smiley

In my opinion if it were to be resubmitted now, I think it would grade higher.
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:06:46 PM

Congrats on the sale, nice to get a feel for what the market currently thinks this is worth (also own one myself).

Not sure why it should grade any higher now though?
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1636

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 01:40:40 PM

There's a very good reason the Gold looks faded... it's because it's NOT Gold at all but a yellow pen used to 'colour in' the Gold areas.
This has been admitted by Gravitate to a user.
I have 2 of these coins (ordered right when they were first being offered) photo here highlighting the 'pen strokes'

look carefully at the B... the top two "uprights" of teh B have clear pen tracks and the bottom "tail" of the B also has a "clean" area where the pen failed to fill in.

Both of my coins are also Zombie coins.

Seems this whole Coin Issue was a clusterfk and the fact that the "Gold" isn't Gold at all despite the original claims is ....questionable at best. Anyhoo, seems they have managed to increase in value because of these failures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: