Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:37:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of NOCRoom.com - VPS Services by Exchange Email  (Read 798 times)
BeastBTC (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 05:35:48 PM

Just be aware of this user. He is selling VPS services for $1 for the first month, which is highly suspicious, and is posting pictures of their "datacenter".

Those pictures are also the exact same ones taken from the Quadranet Website and Squidix.

He is trying to say those pictures are form the datacenter in Miami, Florida - where Quadranet is saying they are from Dallas, Texas. The same picture cannot be taken in 2 different places. Plus, I worked with Quadranet for a while, and I know it is their datacenter in DALLAS, NOT Miami....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1185478.msg13385034#msg13385034

Pictures Taken From:
https://squidix.com/about/
http://www.quadranet.com/company/dallas/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 05:39:45 PM

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:33:26 PM

More pictures from their thread are used elsewhere:

-> http://images.flukenetworks.com/edoc-images/IT_infrastructure.jpg
-> http://netspeed.com.sa/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/200012.jpg

Do you have a download test for your miami vps? I want to test the ping and download speed.

Yes
Miami, Florida / IP: 96.47.228.98 / 100mb: http://billing.nocroom.com/dl.php?type=d&id=1

The IP belongs to QuadraNet.com most likely their dallas location -> http://www.quadranet.com/company/dallas/

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:07:25 PM

Plus, I worked with Quadranet for a while, and I know it is their datacenter in DALLAS, NOT Miami...
They do have a Datacenter in Miami, nocroom is most likely reselling or colocated with quadranet.

http://www.quadranet.com/company/miami/

Just be aware of this user. He is selling VPS services for $1 for the first month, which is highly suspicious

A low first month is also standard practice as an introductory price then it rises for subsequent months

{ BitSpill }
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:10:26 PM

Plus, I worked with Quadranet for a while, and I know it is their datacenter in DALLAS, NOT Miami...
They do have a Datacenter in Miami, nocroom is most likely reselling or colocated with quadranet.

http://www.quadranet.com/company/miami/

Just be aware of this user. He is selling VPS services for $1 for the first month, which is highly suspicious

A low first month is also standard practice as an introductory price then it rises for subsequent months

How cool is deleting questions in this direction in your book?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Do you have a download test for your miami vps? I want to test the ping and download speed.

Yes
Miami, Florida / IP: 96.47.228.98 / 100mb: http://billing.nocroom.com/dl.php?type=d&id=1

Thats a QuadraNet Dallas IP, whats your affiliation with them?

Edit: made a copy of their thread, just in case: https://archive.is/GmHGY

Edi2:

sorry i like to stay on topic

is one of many downstream provider, our cage is next to them on 5th floor Miami, and another cage on the 4th floor in colohouse we rent power and space which is a standard. I rather do business from companies like quadtranet as they have an point to point between locations private keeping our ovrhead low to give good pricing for our services

Exchange Email

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Colo - PBX - Server - IPv4 Broker - RemotePC - VPN

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:32:54 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2015, 03:23:13 PM by Exchange Email

Quadtranet, HE.net, AboveNET, Equinox, XO are all major providers and chances are an host you used in the pass or now will be under one of these providers.

We have cage, colo, and racks between locations and providers for private networking use like point to point, doesn't change the fact that we a good host and we own all our servers as you can see in thread was many good feedback's.

Promo is just that and very clear in thread, $1 vps to try then back to reg price. If you like the services stay if you don't within that month welcome to leave. no hard feelings.

Many host out there, don't have to use nocroom. Promo give you an chance to try NocRoom without breaking your wallet.

To use an work "SCAM" when clearly give you the promo details on thread with good feedback sounds to me someone is bored or been kicked for abuse services and looking a way to give nocroom an bad name.

This will be my 1st and last reply on this thread

- enjoy

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:32:01 PM

Quadtranet, HE.net, AboveNET, Equinox, XO are all major providers and chances are an host you used in the pass or now will be under one of these providers.

We have cage, colo, and racks between locations and providers for private networking use like point to point, doesn't change the fact that we a good host and we own all our servers as you can see in thread was many good feedback's.

Promo is just that and very clear in thread, $1 vps to try then back to reg price. If you like the services stay if you don't within that month welcome to leave. no hard feelings.

Many host out there, don't have to use nocroom. Promo give you an chance to try NocRoom without breaking your wallet.

To use an work "SCAM" when clearly give you the promo details on thread with good feedback sounds to me someone is bored or been kicked for abuse services and looking a way to give nocroom an bad name.

- enjoy

Thanks, probably just what I needed to hear after I overreacted because you removed my post.

Dug a little deeper, rating is changed to neutral to explain why I previously rated you negativ.

BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:49:55 PM

Funny I owned 8 large hosting providers, a mix between VPS, web, VoIP (PBX Systems) and gaming servers, so I know about downstream providers. I have Tier 3 Unmetered bandwidth on HE, Cogent, Level 3, OVH, and 3 or 4 others. Not to mention 2 of those are government-private CDN's...

But, I actually went to the DC's and took my own pictures, not use OTHER peoples... that just brings suspicion because as far as everyone knows, is your someone who rent a dedicated box, put visualization on it and don't even own your own hardware.

Just to give an idea, at the end of the one hosting company I owned, we had over 4TB of DDR3 ECC RAM, over 600TB of HDD, and combined, had a network of 40 Gbps with hundreds of PB's of data sent through.

So for you to say "I was terminated for abuse of services" made no sense.

That's all I am saying, just be honest to your people.... Actually visit the site and take your own pictures...

- enjoy
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 05:35:57 PM

Deleted Post
« Sent to: BeastBTC on: December 29, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

(Exchange Email removed my comment)
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:01:27 PM

Deleted Post

Ok,  so you're post was deleted... that means nothing without stating what the comment was.

{ BitSpill }
sebungkus

Activity: 964
Merit: 500

Roma Fan Since 1999 ! #ForzaRoma

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 02:08:36 AM

iam use nocroom .
overall good bro . No down for me
$1 first month its great promo here ! Cheesy

RUMAHCLOUD.ME | SELLING DIGITAL GOODS PRODUCT
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 02:58:41 AM

Deleted Post

Ok,  so you're post was deleted... that means nothing without stating what the comment was.

The comment was about the images used on several other websites, that he did not take the pictures but use ones taken by other people (unprofessional).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: