Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Amagi Metals - Best Prices of Gold & Silver for Bitcoins  (Read 135741 times)
djdollabill

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:53:49 AM

How much more does Amagi charge for BTC transactions vs USD?  They are marking up a Krugerrand about $86 over spot, which is a little steep, but is there a further markup for using bitcoin to pay?
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:19:02 AM

2.50 was my charge
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:22:17 AM

Looks like you are much faster replying in this thread than through email Smiley

Can I order a gold eagle round but request that, if at all available, I get coins from a specific set of years with the coins being eagles, maples or krugs, in that order of preference? I know the eagles are the most expensive but I'll gladly pay the eagle premium for a krug if I can get the years I'm searching for.

Also, are you going to lower the BitPay processing fee for BTC?

And finally, if you need help getting BTC prices in your site I'll be glad to oblige. My time is short to non-existant but as a prospective client this is something I'd like to see and am willing to help you get it going Smiley
amagimetals (OP)

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 02:30:50 PM

@TheButterZone - First Class Mail can be tracked domestically and as of January 27th, 2013 to Canada only. Unfortunately they cannot be tracked to any other country.

@dirtycat - Unless APMEX added a shipping option for much smaller purchases, their shipping is generally $19.95 or $24.95 per order.

@djdollabill & nelisky - We dropped our bitcoin processing fees by 20% about a week ago when BitPay let us know that fees were going down. Initially it was 2.69%, then 2.4%, and now 2%. In the last 25 days we have done about $110,000 in bitcoin sales, which is 5-10% of BitPay's volume. If we can continue getting bitcoin sales we can work on getting those fees reduced!

@notserp - We never charged a fee of 2.5%, it was most likely 2.4%

@nelisky - Sorry for not responding to your email yet. We are trying to look for the years you requested!

Thanks for all the questions everyone!

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 02:42:58 PM

Thanks for the reply!

My note about the fees was triggered by the non-trivial amount by which bitpay reduced them to merchants, to 0.99%. If I understand your reply correctly you have reduced your fees ahead of time and will not sync them with what bitpay is currently charging until you recovered the overhead you have paid? the 1% less in fees really makes a difference to me and if you are going to eventually lower the fees to match bitpay I'll likely wait (and my btc may be worth more by then Smiley ) but if you don't have plans to do so soon I'll just go ahead and buy now (because my BTC may be worth less later Sad )

Anyway, waiting eagerly for your response on the years! That is not a deal breaker though, I'm not a collector wanting those years specifically (it's more of a keepsake thing), so if finding those specific years takes multiple days just let me know, I'll likely order as soon as I have your position on the fees.
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 03:03:08 PM

Thanks for the reply!

My note about the fees was triggered by the non-trivial amount by which bitpay reduced them to merchants, to 0.99%. If I understand your reply correctly you have reduced your fees ahead of time and will not sync them with what bitpay is currently charging until you recovered the overhead you have paid? the 1% less in fees really makes a difference to me and if you are going to eventually lower the fees to match bitpay I'll likely wait (and my btc may be worth more by then Smiley ) but if you don't have plans to do so soon I'll just go ahead and buy now (because my BTC may be worth less later Sad )

Anyway, waiting eagerly for your response on the years! That is not a deal breaker though, I'm not a collector wanting those years specifically (it's more of a keepsake thing), so if finding those specific years takes multiple days just let me know, I'll likely order as soon as I have your position on the fees.

BitPay has two fees that are added together. One has always been 0.99%, the other began at 1.7% (a total of 2.69%) and has now dropped to 0.99% (a total of about 2%).

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:09:40 PM

BitPay has two fees that are added together. One has always been 0.99%, the other began at 1.7% (a total of 2.69%) and has now dropped to 0.99% (a total of about 2%).

Oh, I did not know this, sorry about it. Ok, in that case I'm just waiting on the reply to my email Smiley

And, of course, thank you for your continued patience...
MKEGuy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:44:58 AM

Trying to get a rush shipment put together, is this something you can help me with?  I have someone local that will buy silver  coins from me for cash for close to spot so its an easy way for me to cash out for the electric bill and such.  However the order I placed with another seller last week I got the run around now so I'm not in a urgent situation.  USPS Priority or if we can get Overnight/Exrpess shipping done fro around 25-30 I would be willing to foot the bill for it.  I'm looking for at least 7 Maple Leafs, possibly one or two more.

Thanks!

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:59:20 AM

got half my order cant wait for the rest thanks
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:06:15 PM

Trying to get a rush shipment put together, is this something you can help me with?  I have someone local that will buy silver  coins from me for cash for close to spot so its an easy way for me to cash out for the electric bill and such.  However the order I placed with another seller last week I got the run around now so I'm not in a urgent situation.  USPS Priority or if we can get Overnight/Exrpess shipping done fro around 25-30 I would be willing to foot the bill for it.  I'm looking for at least 7 Maple Leafs, possibly one or two more.

Thanks!

Please contact us (info@amagimetals.com, or (800) 882 - 8496), we do have Silver Maples ready to ship.

If you ask me, the other half is the best part!

MKEGuy

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:18:39 PM

If the shipping goes as well as the front half of this order, we gotta a winner here folks!!!! Cheesy

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2
gigantic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:48:43 AM

Made an order on 21/3/2013, it is now 28/3/2013
Order was NOT Shipped yet and still under Processing.  Huh
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 06:31:59 PM

Made an order on 21/3/2013, it is now 28/3/2013
Order was NOT Shipped yet and still under Processing.  Huh

Processing is the order status right before Shipping. We need more information than a date as we receive many orders every day.

We are doing another silver giveaway on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AmagiMetals

We're closing in on the $200,000 in total bitcoin sales pretty fast. As this is becoming a small, but fast growing part of our overall sales, we may be hiring someone soon just to handle bitcoin sales and communicate with the bitcoin community!

Our website will also have the ability to show all prices in bitcoins pretty soon as well. Stay tuned for more updates.

notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 07:23:27 PM

Trying to get a rush shipment put together, is this something you can help me with?  I have someone local that will buy silver  coins from me for cash for close to spot so its an easy way for me to cash out for the electric bill and such.  However the order I placed with another seller last week I got the run around now so I'm not in a urgent situation.  USPS Priority or if we can get Overnight/Exrpess shipping done fro around 25-30 I would be willing to foot the bill for it.  I'm looking for at least 7 Maple Leafs, possibly one or two more.

Thanks!

Please contact us (info@amagimetals.com, or (800) 882 - 8496), we do have Silver Maples ready to ship.

If you ask me, the other half is the best part!

lol yup. what u got to do to enter the give away? dont see it on page
MKEGuy

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 07:35:00 PM

I cant believe how awesome this transaction went, and we are only half way done

I can promise I wont be ordering gold or silver from anyone else unless I stumble on some awesome deal I can't refuse!  This will definitely be atleast a monthly if not bimonthly relationship!  So excited to find a business who is so professional and easy to deal with.  Amagi Metals is a true gem in the bitcoin world!

Now, if I could just nudge you guys to start taking some Litecoins!  Pretty please! Smiley

amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 07:00:19 PM

I cant believe how awesome this transaction went, and we are only half way done

I can promise I wont be ordering gold or silver from anyone else unless I stumble on some awesome deal I can't refuse!  This will definitely be atleast a monthly if not bimonthly relationship!  So excited to find a business who is so professional and easy to deal with.  Amagi Metals is a true gem in the bitcoin world!

Now, if I could just nudge you guys to start taking some Litecoins!  Pretty please! Smiley

Thank you for the stellar feedback.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO PURCHASE SLAVE QUEEN ROUNDS BEFORE THEY START GOING UP IN PRICE! The mints will no longer be taking new orders. You have until 5am EST to order them:

http://www.amagimetals.com/1-oz-silver-slave-queen-round.html

dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:08:32 AM

Ordered some silver on monday just arrived today.
Just looked them over and I am pleased.

Much faster shipping than other unnamed competitors.

I hope you stick around for a long while because I will be doing business with you from now on.

poop!
boscorocks

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:43:58 AM

Just placed my first order. So glad to see that you have the 1 gram gold Pamps! I am sure I will be back to order more. Checkout on website was quick and painless with bitpay built in..nice!
Kao

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:24:21 PM

Just got an order I placed on Sunday. I'm impressed with how little time to process and send the order and the coins came in perfect condition. My one complain would be that after the initial email confirming the order there was no communication, mainly there was no email confirming that the order had shipped leaving me to go to the site, find the right page, and put in the order number (I didn't create an account for the order) to find the tracking info.  I will definitely be using Amagi again though.
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 07:31:22 PM

Just got an order I placed on Sunday. I'm impressed with how little time to process and send the order and the coins came in perfect condition. My one complain would be that after the initial email confirming the order there was no communication, mainly there was no email confirming that the order had shipped leaving me to go to the site, find the right page, and put in the order number (I didn't create an account for the order) to find the tracking info.  I will definitely be using Amagi again though.

Thank you for the feedback! We use a shipping manager program that uploads all tracking information to our website. However the program is also supposed to send out an email when your order ships and include the tracking number.

For some reason this is not happening and we are working to fix it so that customers receive shipping information as soon as they ship.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: