Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:27:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newtown Shooting - How it will unfold  (Read 4660 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 10:28:13 PM

It is sad, the worst part is these people likely had nothing to do with the problems they're suffering from, that said I can't help but think two or more thoughts on this kind of thing really, I tend to not look at things on the surface.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 10:43:09 PM

This makes me sad and upset.    This is like the 4th shooting in two weeks.  Why do people turn to indiscriminate violence?
Rage, rage at an oppressive system that wants to shoe-horn them into little boxes, make them into good little worker bees.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 11:06:15 PM

Again?

It seems there's a new version of mass shooting every year in the US. I know you want your guns and all, ok fine. But don't you think that instead of looking for terrorists outside your country, you should look for the terrorists inside your own country first?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 11:29:23 PM

Again?

It seems there's a new version of mass shooting every year in the US. I know you want your guns and all, ok fine. But don't you think that instead of looking for terrorists outside your country, you should look for the terrorists inside your own country first?

If we started doing that, we'd have to Gitmo almost all of our government and media establishments.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 11:31:32 PM

There goes my chance of getting a semi-auto Mossberg shotgun after the new year, with the panic buying that's about to start...
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 11:52:55 PM

Again?

Problem is a motivated person can commit acts of horror no matter what.  You can try and take all the liberties away in the name of safety and in the end you will have neither.   

Also these people are not doing this to terrorize, because they always kill themselves.  They are doing it because they are imbalanced in someway and are so desperate that delusion-ally they think this is the only answer.   This is a symptom of a much larger problem that is coming to the surface and can no longer be ignored. 

We have mass disenfranchisement and people are feeling hopeless and have nothing to lose.   Our current system is eating itself of the inside out.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 12:59:30 AM

To my knowledge no one knows much about the shooter looks like yet, I took the liberty of doing some quick web searches but found the wrong Adam Lanza at first. I believe it may be this one instead:
https://www.facebook.com/dave.lan.31?fref=ts

His website is listed as www.DollarScholar.com. But it doesn't look like it is actually his, and it's having all sorts of Internal Server errors...

so I did some wayback machine stuff:
http://liveweb.archive.org/http://dollarscholar.com/?page_id=955

Looks like a pump & dumper that is now running a website:
http://www.youtube.com/user/colebartiromo

Might have influenced this kid? Caused him to lose money on something? Who knows.

I'm pretty sure that whatever happens it'll be another mentally-unstable person.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 01:09:40 AM

Shit, Facebook took down the page. I should have gotten a screencap first.
cmg5461

Activity: 369

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 03:59:34 AM

I've been watching CNN for a little bit now.

This British asshole came on and started arguing about gun laws.

He kept bringing up the .223 bushmaster (which was found in the shooters CAR) and bashing how we should be allowed to own those weapons.  Basically he rarely let the other guy talk abusing the terms of his own debate.

People like this sicken me. 

tl;dr people are too concerns on over exaggerating gun control and aren't paying attention to the 20 children which are dead.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 07:21:16 AM

I have never personally been "helped" by a psychiatrist, but only one out of six people I know who have has ended up ok. And that was only after they made a big deal about how the "doctor" was fucking up their life.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 08:48:43 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2012, 09:12:06 AM by cunicula

The people who do these kind of things are already unhinged and psychotic, taking away guns isn't going to do a thing, it doesn't help that schools are pretty horrible places to be to begin with.

CT is a shall issue state. Guns don't prevent crimes clearly.

The school was a gun-free zone. Prohibitions don't prevent crime, clearly.

I think what you mean is that unenforceable laws do not prevent crime. You cannot allow firearms within a country and not expect child murder as the necessary result.

Here in Singapore discharge or attempt to discharge a firearm is punishable by hanging. Possession of 3 or more firearms is also punishable by hanging. Toy guns are illegal. Air guns are illegal. Paintball guns are illegal. Pepper spray is illegal. Stun guns are illegal. Handcuffs are illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Singapore#Arms_Offences_Act

Results: Next to no gun crime. Almost no murder. Almost no violent crime.

If you want to stop violent crime, just summarily execute anyone found in possession of arms. This approach has proven effectiveness.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 08:53:27 AM

If you want to stop violent crime, just summarily execute anyone found in possession of arms.

Does this include soldiers and active duty policemen?

cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 08:57:34 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2012, 09:11:19 AM by cunicula

If you want to stop violent crime, just summarily execute anyone found in possession of arms.

Soldiers and active duty policeman cane and execute. Civilians get caned and executed. That is called law and order.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 09:35:40 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2012, 10:19:59 AM by Lethn

Soldiers and active duty policeman cane and execute. Civilians get caned and executed. That is called law and order.

I bet you have lots of fun if you ever try to protest against a war or something else horrible the government have put forward without anyone's consent.

tl;dr people are too concerns on over exaggerating gun control and aren't paying attention to the 20 children which are dead.

I'm not ignoring the 20 children dead, the fact is though that both sides are cunts because they fail to ignore the facts, I can't really empathize with gun control people though because even if they got what they wanted and I mean everything, as in a full on ban, you still get people being killed and gunned down because the police will never be able to respond quickly enough and you'd still need a phone to contact them. The chance of survival is a lot higher if the self-defence laws are on your side and you don't have to worry about being put in jail if you decide to stop them, believe me, I live in the UK and I hear stories constantly about people being murdered, more than I'd like because the media are murder happy these days, gun control will not and never make a difference.

At least gun nuts are fairly realistic in there views on crime, we have some of the tightest gun control laws here in the UK and we still get shooters from time to time who lose it and kill people, the gun control people can't say we need to tighten the laws any further because they have been tightened so badly that no one who just wants to defend themselves can own a gun. What amazes me though is that we're still allowed to own the components for explosives and chemical weapons so maybe I should go ahead and keep studying about that so I can defend myself against a crazy person with a bottle of alcohol and a lighter but I still wouldn't fancy my chances even if eh only had a pistol.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 09:56:15 AM

I bet you have lots of fun if you ever try to protest against a war or something else horrible the government have put forward without anyone's consent.
We universally approve everything done by the government. After all they have all the guns. And they cane and execute people at the drop of a hat.
Works out pretty well for us.

I'm not ignoring the 20 children dead, the fact is though that both sides are cunts because they fail to ignore the facts, I can't really empathize with gun control people though because even if they got what they wanted and I mean everything, as in a full on ban, you still get people being killed and gunned down because the police will never be able to respond quickly enough and you'd still need a phone to contact them. The chance of survival is a lot higher if the self-defence laws are on your side and you don't have to worry about being put in jail if you decide to stop them, believe me, I live in the UK and I hear stories constantly about people being murdered, more than I'd like because the media are murder happy these days, gun control will not and never make a difference.

At least gun nuts are fairly realistic in there views on crime, we have some of the tightest gun control laws here in the UK and we still get shooters from time to time who lose it and kill people, the gun control people can't say we need to tighten the laws any further because they have been tightened so badly that no one who just wants to defend themselves can own a gun. What amazes me though is that we're still allowed to own the components for explosives and chemical weapons so maybe I should go ahead and keep studying about that so I can defend myself against a crazy person with a bottle of alcohol and a lighter but I still wouldn't fancy my chances even if he had a pistol.

Do you use capital punishment for firearm possession? Perhaps your laws are not strict enough.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 10:06:23 AM

Do you use capital punishment for firearm possession? Perhaps your laws are not strict enough.

Suggesting that people be hung or shot for firearm possession is precisely why I have you on my ignore list, go away.
Charlie Prime (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 01:50:52 PM

Huffpo reports he had psychiatric problems.

"The brother, Ryan Lanza, 24, told authorities that Adam Lanza, 20, is autistic or has a "personality disorder," ABC News reported."

His psychiatrist will soon report what medication he was on.  The autopsy should report chemical analysis of his blood.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 03:08:41 PM

We universally approve everything done by the government.
Or else. I've read that book.

Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 09:44:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7EZCK-QtBY
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 10:25:24 PM

So, he thinks it's not fault of suffering parents in USA or Pakistan that drones are raining down and killing people?

Well, the US parents have a little bit more culpability, but it sure as hell isn't the poor Pakistani woman's fault that her babies got blown up while collecting dung on the side of the road.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: