Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ [ANN] MindCoin [MND] - Raising Awareness of Mental Health, By Trading ★★  (Read 52634 times)
tucanamiranda

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:56:38 AM

Hello, guys, do you have some special bonuses for $50k+ investors?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:35:57 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 06:47:08 PM by PeterTheGrape

Hello, guys, do you have some special bonuses for $50k+ investors?

Not sure if you are serious or not but

1) This would be a good coin for a large investor who wanted to fix a high quality coin and was willing to get his or her hands dirty.

2) The coin is very cheap because the network has been more or less hijacked. You can go to the explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/#!overview and on the Overview tab, if you scroll down you will notice there were no blocks found 10/30 10/29 10/27 and so on. This means probably somebody is trying to mine a lot of blocks at once to sell the coins, then there are no blocks mined for a day or more due to high difficulty I guess. This makes the coin useless until it is fixed, because it may take days to send coins and the hijacker can pump the price up on an exchange by buying up all the coins and preventing people from sending coins in to sell.

3) Fixing the coin would involve upgrading the wallet and possibly buying hashing power to overpower highjackers ~until there were enough people running the wallet and mining that extra power isn't needed~

4) Market cap is currently listed as usd$ 35,103. Last trade was at 44 sats 0.00000044 btc. Market depth at Yobit is okay for buyers, you could buy it up to 109 for 0.29 btc and get 268,000 mnd and within a few days more sellers would probably drive the price down to the 50s. Total coins are 15.8m at the moment, so right off the bat 268k / 15.8m = 1.6% of coin supply. You could probably accumulate a substantial percentage but as long as the coin is owned by a highjacker it has no use as a coin, a lot of coins in this problem.

5) If you want to invest in the coin
a) You should contact the original dev, Mike Wheeler who posted above and still probably has ideas for the coin
b) Find a way to fix the network, either with masternodes or hashing power. I tried to converse with masternodes.pro but was not able to hold an intelligent conversation even with the slack bot due to my lack of technical knowledge.
c) Find a use for the coin. There are at least a few people who have discussed doing something with the coin and ideally there would be several different people starting completely separate projects to create a healthy economy around the coin.

A lot of coins that were in much worse shape have recovered by various techniques, most often masternodes. You can look at flaxcoin, hempcoin etc that got masternodes and are more secure now, also nevacoin which has a very high number of users often several dozen on the network, but has network issues which the dev tries to fix various ways.

Add
There are a few people, including myself, who sporadically look for ways to fix the coin. What is needed is technical knowledge to fix the network, organization skills to build an economy, etc. So called "mentally ill" people are becoming a majority in many places, thanks to big pharma turning everything into a mental illness that needs expensive pills. If the trend continues the number of potential coin users is high.

bitfawkes

Activity: 336

Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:51:44 AM

Hello MIND team.

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in MND just set c=MND as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

Visit http://italyiimp.com.

Best regards.

Bitfawkes.

Sometimes people who no one imagined could do certain things, those who do things that no one can imagine.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:59:45 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 06:36:11 PM by PeterTheGrape

The ItalyIIMP pool looks good and the explorer http://italyiimp.com/explorer/MND is a help.

A lot of people might be interested in mining but not know how to start. Most of crypto so far has been dominated by tech types and now as mainstream interest develops less techtype people also will be interested. I've never managed to figure out mining but anybody who wants to try mindcoin is probably a good coin and ItalyIIMP has a lot of coins listed so it is probably a serious outfit.

Coinmarketcap lists the coins explorer as http://chain.blockpioneers.info/mnd/explorer.php which is a long dead link so anybody who researches the coin through coinmarketcap will think it has no explorer.

The old explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/ is still good and the new explorer for miners http://italyiimp.com/explorer/MND makes the coin more attractive.

Looks like there have only been 17 computers on the network in the last 24 hours https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/#!network but we have a little geographic diversity from Vietnam, Albania and Turkey plus less interesting countries like the United States, Germany, France etc.

Mike if you post a public donation address in a coin other than mindcoin to put a 3rd explorer on your website that might add stability. Since the donation coins are to be sold off it is better to solicit a large currency, then if somebody has an idea specifically for mindcoin or a faucet they can solicit mnd donations if necessary.

add

BitFawkes, I clicked through your links, goshencoin, and soliciting 3btc for some project. One your twitter you say you are in Lagos Nigeria, but elsewhere you seem to be in the U.K.? Nigeria is one of the fastest developing countries but it has enormous problems with political issues, maybe digital currency will offer something to desperate people that fiat has failed http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/africa/libya-migrant-auctions/index.html

One of the detained migrants, a young man named Victory, says he was sold at a slave auction. Tired of the rampant corruption in Nigeria's Edo state, the 21-year-old fled home and spent a year and four months -- and his life savings -- trying to reach Europe.
He made it as far as Libya, where he says he and other would-be migrants were held in grim living conditions, deprived of food, abused and mistreated by their captors.
"If you look at most of the people here, if you check your bodies, you see the marks. They are beaten, mutilated."
When his funds ran out, Victory was sold as a day laborer by his smugglers, who told him that the profit made from the transactions would serve to reduce his debt. But after weeks of being forced to work, Victory was told the money he'd been bought for wasn't enough. He was returned to his smugglers, only to be re-sold several more times.
The smugglers also demanded ransom payments from Victory's family before eventually releasing him.

Not to mention the horror story http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/teenage-girls-migrants-dead-mediterranean-sea-women-found-italy-police-investigation-libya-europe-a8041856.html
execidris

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:31:46 PM

I am interested in the concept offered by this REAL project, I will invite my friend to invest a bit here and support the real project. Good luck!
danishcheese

Activity: 237

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:35:17 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 05:46:21 AM by danishcheese

Idk mental illness is a thing I guess , and I like the idea of projects supporting alternative treatment for vets with PSTD and traumatic injuries. But couldn't we do stuff like that better with a focus on something EVEN COOLER like telekinesis or psychokinesis 🎃 ?  We have the mind coin name and the chain keeps running and running like someone with a few million coins is willing it to even tho ain't nuffin going on in heeer .... im going to think on this
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:21:39 AM

Idk mental illness is a thing I guess , and I like the idea of projects supporting alternative treatment for vets with PSTD and traumatic injuries. But couldn't we do stuff like that better with a focus on something EVEN COOLER like telekinesis or psychokinesis 🎃 ?  We have the mind coin name and the chain keeps running and running like someone with a few million coins is willing it to even tho ain't nuffin going on in heeer .... im going to think on this

The main difference between vets ptsd and non vets ptsd is that vets usually have better benefits. Traumatic brain injuries are most severe among older folks, from falls etc https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/pdf/bluebook_factsheet-a.pdf so a coin would not want to focus on one group nor exclude any group. Focus should be on benefiting anybody, whether they are in your club or not.

Telekinesis and psychokinesis might be useful. A person who can't afford meds could levitate them out the window of a pharmacy at night, but that technology is a ways off.

The chain keeps running as long as miners can sell a few coins on exchanges. Yobit has kept the coin alive so far but it is not a strong network and could get 51% attacked at any time, which would be the end. If somebody wanted to start a new Mindcoin, a new genesis block, wallet etc, but on some token with a secure network, Yobit might cooperate in replacing it and this chain could be put to rest.

danishcheese

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:34:11 PM

Is there a way to switch the whole coin over to a masternode system & wouldn't that be more secure ? Is my understanding in that correct ? That if you only have a small number of miners , masternode is a more secure system ? I would pay a bounty of mnd to developer's interested in doing so if that would work .
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:53:31 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 07:45:49 AM by PeterTheGrape

Is there a way to switch the whole coin over to a masternode system & wouldn't that be more secure ? Is my understanding in that correct ? That if you only have a small number of miners , masternode is a more secure system ? I would pay a bounty of mnd to developer's interested in doing so if that would work .

I would help bounty that too but another idea is for somebody to simply make a new coin on top of a secure network. Stellar Lumens seems like the up and coming platform. It doesn't look too hard to make a coin using Stellar https://www.stellar.org/blog/tokens-on-stellar/

It could be started brand new, or the old wallets could be transferred to the new chain, or any number of possibilities. I don't think Mindcoin has been hacked yet but it's an inexpensive coin with a weak network and could happen any time.

That would be a lot easier than masternodes probably...

add

If a person who already has Mindcoin does it, I have a bunch and you too and probably quite a few people, the financial benefit would be in saving the old accounts. One possibility is to migrate all the wallets to a new secure chain, then run both and when this one gets hit by a 51% attack then it could be dropped, or if a new way to secure coins comes up then there would be two parallel coins, sort of Mindcoin and Mindcoin Cash.

However, if a new person walks in and has some great idea on how to develop a mental health coin they could make the coin on a secure platform, whether Stellar or Eth or Ubiq or Omni or Counterparty or Burst or whatever, and start the economy according to whatever their idea is. They would generate a vast number of coins and could distribute them how they like. If somebody does that they would be wise to solicit ideas and suggestions. For example they could distribute large quantities to NAMI and other orgs. They would also do well to look at the problems this coin had, among them 1) Most people are put off by soliciting donations, 2) Distribution is very poor, I have a lot though so I guess it's okay, 3) Waiting for people to step up and help often doesn't happen. If a person wants to start a project they should be prepared to follow through as a one man or one woman show if nobody joins the party, etc.

Devs take a lot of abuse, and that's especially going to be true of a coin like this, so a person would need thick skin.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:19:05 PM

Here is what I'll bounty for mindcoin for now.

1) A new mindcoin on a secure chain like stellar, eth etc, bounty at least 100k mnd on the old chain and a small amount of other coins depending on the quality of the new coin, like no premine, fair distribution and other stuff.

2) A Mindcoin mnd fork on this chain that has a specific focus, for example MindcoinAnxietyDisorder or MindcoinPTSD etc. It has to be a well done fork that starts a new chain and has a more specific focus than generic crazy. For the first fork I'll give 100k on the original chain that will be on both chains, and try to get fairglu to make an explorer if the fork has a few computers on it.  A person should state their intention to make a fork then say how long they expect it might take, e.g. a few weeks, so they have the bounty locked up if they complete it within the timeframe.

3) After either of those two is done, I'll continue paying the same bounty as long as I'm able, if the coins turn out okay. So I am not committing to anything beyond the first two bounties until I specifically say so, but my intention is to do that. 

Important to note the problem with the current coin.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/

block  50,000  10,250,000 coins outstanding
block 100,000 14,125,000 coins outstanding
block 150,000 15,343,750 coins outstanding
block 200,000 15,781,250 coins outstanding
block 241116 15,908,429 coins outstanding

So far that looks correct, but because the network is weak a hack could happen at any time. If at some point in the next year you notice for example anything over 17,000,000 coins outstanding then somebody has hit the network and the chain that is hit should be dropped, unless there appears to be some way to identify the hacker.

If somebody has a fix for the current chain that reduces this threat they could investigate and post the fix, otherwise the best bet is a new coin on a secure network and multiple forlks of the old network to play around with.

Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:49:57 PM

I understand that this project is not in good shape, and neither the network.

I wanted to move some coin from my personal wallet.. but the wallet
is not able to find connections on the network.

Is there a conf file available to get some addnodes?

I was pleased to see that apparently the wallet on Yobit is up to date...

Hopefully it would help create some action with this coin

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

exfalconer

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:09:58 PM

i think this project is SCAM !!! where is website???
Mindacoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:10:33 AM

I downloaded the wallet... but no connexion.

Is there a list of addnodes still working?

I tried the one in entry post.. but does not help

thanks

For nodes it is usually always better to go to an explorer since those nodes are alive at the moment.

If you go to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/#!network and click on 'node list' you get the following

addnode=137.135.51.197
addnode=138.201.65.88
addnode=158.69.248.93
addnode=188.165.194.146
addnode=192.99.0.112
addnode=192.99.8.126
addnode=51.254.196.222
addnode=51.254.45.117
addnode=69.64.35.244
addnode=88.99.248.15
addnode=94.19.244.216
addnode=98.115.147.74

Or to make a conf file
1) make a text file mindcoin.txt
2) change the extension from txt to conf so it is mindcoin.conf
3) paste in the addnodes
4) paste the whole mindcoin.conf file into the app data \ roaming \ mindcoin folder

The addnodes quoted above are a few months old so you should go to cryptoid and get current ones.

Yobit has been generous in keeping the coin alive since they for sure do not make a lot of money on it. It is potentially popular though and anybody who has an idea for the coin should post.
danishcheese

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:32:52 AM

Here is what I'll bounty for mindcoin for now.

1) A new mindcoin on a secure chain like stellar, eth etc, bounty at least 100k mnd on the old chain and a small amount of other coins depending on the quality of the new coin, like no premine, fair distribution and other stuff.

2) A Mindcoin mnd fork on this chain that has a specific focus, for example MindcoinAnxietyDisorder or MindcoinPTSD etc. It has to be a well done fork that starts a new chain and has a more specific focus than generic crazy. For the first fork I'll give 100k on the original chain that will be on both chains, and try to get fairglu to make an explorer if the fork has a few computers on it.  A person should state their intention to make a fork then say how long they expect it might take, e.g. a few weeks, so they have the bounty locked up if they complete it within the timeframe.

3) After either of those two is done, I'll continue paying the same bounty as long as I'm able, if the coins turn out okay. So I am not committing to anything beyond the first two bounties until I specifically say so, but my intention is to do that. 

Important to note the problem with the current coin.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mnd/

block  50,000  10,250,000 coins outstanding
block 100,000 14,125,000 coins outstanding
block 150,000 15,343,750 coins outstanding
block 200,000 15,781,250 coins outstanding
block 241116 15,908,429 coins outstanding

So far that looks correct, but because the network is weak a hack could happen at any time. If at some point in the next year you notice for example anything over 17,000,000 coins outstanding then somebody has hit the network and the chain that is hit should be dropped, unless there appears to be some way to identify the hacker.

If somebody has a fix for the current chain that reduces this threat they could investigate and post the fix, otherwise the best bet is a new coin on a secure network and multiple forlks of the old network to play around with.

I will match your bounties 200% if you can find a DeV interested in reviving this coin. Idk is there is some other place you could post the offer ?
mceme
Copper Member

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

From here dont want more this!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:31:59 PM

win wallet-qt ?
Ev_SM

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

what generally happens to the coin, as I see the news is not very positive. I do not understand people who want to invest a lot of money in it
Ev_SM

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:29:48 PM

apparently my opinion about the project was correct. it's a pity that now there are so many such projects that just want to raise money
DikoEjik

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 09:27:49 PM

New mining pool FEES 0.9%:
Payout every 1 hour!

Code:
-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://secretpool.ru:3533 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=MND

Block explorer:
http://secretpool.ru/explorer/MND

support: Discord

wallet pool: MQVHuSCufJ4ykCyrGJS2CukfmojzPCv7DH
crayzn999

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:49:25 AM

It is getting pretty difficult to find a Block. I really wanted to keep mining this coin, but this way I might need to quit.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:10:06 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 12:25:09 PM by Mrboot

Well this is kinda dissapointing all could have been a real cool coin by now

anyone know the current biggest pool ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: