Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart Contract Status  (Read 947 times)
jyakulis (OP)

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:18:06 PM

Is anyone working on any smart contracts or do I have to take computer programming classes and start doing it myself?

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:14:18 AM

I do not know if it is what you are looking for but I have currently read that IBM is developing smart conracts function based on Bitcoin.
However, I have not the slightest idea whether it will be released open source.
http://www.coindesk.com/ibm-developing-new-blockchain-smart-contract-system/
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 02:44:49 AM

I don't know if there are any serious bitcoin smart contract applications in development but I do know that there are some blockchain technologies available right now that are truly innovative in terms of turing capabilities and smart contract applications.  Do a little research on the Ethereum platform for more information in those regards.  I don't think there is anything that can even compare to what they're doing....with bitcoin or any other platform.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 05:36:10 PM

The problem with smart contract is that you can not enforce it if there is a default, these kind of contract have no legal status, thus only suitable for internal use only

The blockchain only transfer ownership of a string of data, the value of these data can be given by market (In bitcoin's case it is exchanges). But a smart contract's value is decided by the value of its underlying property, not market. Because you must be able to enforce a take over of property in case of default, it requires smart contract have legal status. Currently it does not have legal status, thus it worth nothing

jyakulis (OP)

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:03:09 PM

The problem with smart contract is that you can not enforce it if there is a default, these kind of contract have no legal status, thus only suitable for internal use only

The blockchain only transfer ownership of a string of data, the value of these data can be given by market (In bitcoin's case it is exchanges). But a smart contract's value is decided by the value of its underlying property, not market. Because you must be able to enforce a take over of property in case of default, it requires smart contract have legal status. Currently it does not have legal status, thus it worth nothing

Hmm, thanks for info. Thinking a sidechain or new currency with more functionality. I don't understand all the technical details right now as much as I should.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 12:38:53 PM

publicity about the compilation of many templates or or for lack of experience in programming as a tool for smart contract platform, but not the transformation, e.g. , in a banal pressing two or three buttons to perform those or other works anyway, though, smart contract , as the execution of certain commands which require some art to fill them , but surely making some way on the same level, but not refining to the state press this button
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: