Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multisig for "shareholder" voting  (Read 547 times)
jago25_98 (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 09:09:05 PM

A very simple example.
- small company, 3 directors around the world.
They can't decide whether to send the balance of their shared account to one investment scheme or another (both have Bitcoin addresses) so we call a vote

How can we use Bitcoin or Namecoin's accounting system to help the board vote and how far can we go with this?

My gut feeling is that this process can actually be scaled up into complex operations with algorithms or (less ideal) - addresses with trusted parties that carry out predefined operations. This way, a kind of programming language can be built up.

Voting could be carried out directly with Bitcoins where the largest balance wins the vote.
 Or voting could be carried out in combination with namecoin's accounting system.

Yes, you could link this in with contracts but really I'm interested in this as a direct accounting and direct democratic system with no 3rd party trust involvement (such as a legal system). I can't get my head around how this would work in practise but my gut feeling is that it's possible right now... I just don't have the intelligence to figure it out even conceptually.

Is it possible?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: