Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a job  (Read 1290 times)
cat2 (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:24:34 PM

I am seeking an entry to mid level Linux System Administration position or any related opening. Actually I'll take any unrelated opening at this point. I have been unemployed since last May and my family is food bank poor. Unemployment insurance has run out and we are barely scraping by on my wifes paycheck. I'm not looking for crowd funding or donations. I need a job. If you are in a hiring position or someone that could bring this to the attention of someone that is you can help a family of 4 in a big way.

I have many years experience as a System Administrator but only in smaller environments with around 10 - 20 Linux / UNIX systems. I am trying to find a position in a larger Linux environment and expand my skill set. I am trapped in an awkward place where people think I have too much experience for entry level positions and unsuitable for a senior level position because of skills that I lack. My primary job killers are no experience with virtualization, clustering and web site administration. I have no Mac experience. I am also in my late 50's. Computer years are like doggie years so I am about 1000 years old in computer years.

My core skills in Linux/UNIX System Administration are solid and should be immediately useful to your team. I'm experienced in installing, configuring and troubleshooting software and file servers using Red Hat & Fedora Linux, HPUX UNIX, Windows and their associated networks. I have experience scripting repetitive Linux tasks. Working via shell is not a problem. I'm experienced with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). I have a strong background in customer tech support over the phone and training end users in person.  I have a very strong desire to learn new skills (I desperately need to learn new skills.) while applying my current skills to any tasks at hand. I have been the primary IT support person for the engineering groups at the companies I've worked for so I am skilled at helping when the printer wont print, copier is jammed, email doesnt work, computer won't boot, etc. etc. etc. 

I am available immediately and flexible on my wage. Please make me an offer. My wage expectations have been destroyed and I will accept just about anything. Full time, part time, temporary, anything. Any shift. Send me a private message and I'll send a link to my LinkedIn profile that contains detail on my employment history and should give you more insight into who I am and where I've been. If you think there is a possibility I'll email my resume with full contact info. I'm trying to stay a little hidden because this whole experience is humiliating and I'm embarrassed if past coworkers see me.

This could be you some day. Here is what happened to me. Over the years I've become very specialized in electronics manufacturing and engineering environments. LA county has become increasingly hostile to PCB manufacturers due to chemistry used in their processes. Most of these companies have closed or moved to Orange County. This is why I need to find employment in a different type of company. My wife has a very good job with insurance benefits and we live in her family home that she was born in and are extremely reluctant to sell it. This is why we don’t move to Orange County. I have 2 boys, 10 and 12 years old. They don't really understand how broke we are and are relentless in their requests for tennis shoes, video games, movie rentals and countless other mundane things that were always taken for granted in our home. Nothing can make you feel more like a failure than having to chant “no, we dont have any money” to your kids constantly. A surprising number of people I thought were casual friends like my kids friends parents and such treat me like I have the plaque. I think they're afraid we will ask them for something. I should have seen the writing on the wall for my industry and sought work in data centers of some kind years ago. If you see your industry fading or your skills are to specialized make moves to correct it or life can get very hard very fast.

If you think there's a possibility you can help me find a job, please take the time to try.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
ace45954

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:42:31 PM

Well you could try using freelance sites like upwork or freelancer (although I've never used them myself so I'm not sure if they're good or not).

In addition, this isn't a job but you could join a signature campaign here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0 It won't pay much but it doesn't take much effort and it's better than being completely unemployed.

Also, if you have an Android Smartphone you might wanna get Slidejoy. It pays a bit of money to keep ads on your lock screen. Again, it won't pay much, but it requires no effort and it seems you really need any money you can get.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
cat2 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:24:05 PM

I'll check these out. You're right. At this point every little bit helps.
Thanks

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
cat2 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:34:47 PM

BTW: I live in northern LA area. Looking in SFV, Eastern Ventura County, Santa Clarita, Valencia, Downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, West LA, Burbank, Pasadena, Glendale. Anywhere within 30 miles of 91436.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:46:36 AM

If you need a job, I think the best task is to start a thread and offer your services here in that way. For example change title I offer my linux... service.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 03:01:57 AM

If you need a job, I think the best task is to start a thread and offer your services here in that way. For example change title I offer my linux... service.

That's correct  Op should change title so many members will see that he is offering Linux service and probably more people will look into this thread thus he'll get higher chance of getting a job .

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
abhishek.g

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:03:24 AM

Try checking out for open projects spread all over the web.
ecwebservices

Activity: 125

Web Development Co. For Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 03:09:47 AM

Freelancer (site) is a good choice for work if you need some. I used to use freelancer quite a lot. I used to use it so much that some of the companies that I did work for wanted me to possible stay. Just be aware if you want a better chance at work you may have to pay, But if you can't then all you need is verification.

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 10:57:18 AM

Freelancer (site) is a good choice for work if you need some. I used to use freelancer quite a lot. I used to use it so much that some of the companies that I did work for wanted me to possible stay. Just be aware if you want a better chance at work you may have to pay, But if you can't then all you need is verification.
Freelancer websites are good option for the guy but they do not pay in bitcoins. Also I did not get what do you mean by paying!

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:20:38 AM

I think you should reach out to businesses in your area or cold call companies for employment if you need money fast because relying on freelance sites with the amount of Indians and Pakistanis working for pennies on the dollar will be worthless for a family of 4 living in the USA.
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 11:53:41 AM

sent you a pm

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:23:33 PM

With the skill-set you have right now,you should be accepted any smaller organisations or say like a start-up organisation easily.Especially for linux based admin's there is a wide scope in the industry.Where are you located ? I might hook you up with a few start-ups .
cat2 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:56:41 PM

With the skill-set you have right now,you should be accepted any smaller organisations or say like a start-up organisation easily.Especially for linux based admin's there is a wide scope in the industry.Where are you located ? I might hook you up with a few start-ups .

I'm in Encino in Northern Los Angeles area. I'm trying to limit my commute to 30 mile radius. A start-up to be a good idea would have to have someone capable in the skills I don't have and only need me for what I already know or be willing to train me which would be ideal. I thought it would be easy to be accepted with my existing skill set as well and have applied for almost 100 positions but so far they have selected someone else or afraid I would get bored and not stay long for the entry level positions or most commonly not respond to my application at all. It would be great if you could hook me up with any company.

I have no experience with virtualization, clustering or website administration. At least not with the high level software commonly used like VMware or Apache Tomcat . I've worked quite a bit with various NAS but never with SAN. All of my experience is at a much lower level with common Linux tools. Like LVM and NFS. I understand the principals of these things and having the higher level tools would actually have made my job much easier. Having to work with the low level tools probably has made me more intimate with the processes involved but the techniques I've used would not be practical in a larger data center. I need someone to start me at an entry level and put a little effort into teaching me the higher level tools. I should take to them easy given my background. I've done a lot of scrypting but using c-shell primarily. C-shell was the API for the engineering application I specialized in and I got in the habit of using it for everything.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:25:49 PM

Not sure if it is the right what you are looking for, but member HumanResource is looking for people with your skills.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=667743

He even created a good paying signature campaign for it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1305655.40

Here is his site:
http://humanresources.i2p.xyz/

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:26:52 PM

Oh, forgot to add...

Further, you have got a potential Full Member account. Why don't you use it earning some money through posting. With this account you could earn up to 0.09 BTC a week, what is currently around $40. So, you can make up to $160 a month extra.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:34:31 PM

atlest for once apply here : https://www.liquidweb.com/about/jobs/

liquid web is one of the word biggest company who have biggest data centers and alot of staff

they have alot of Linux system admins for clients i think they can use you, i am one of their client.

and also as ^^ told you can make extra 160$ a month using your account by giving only 1 to 2 hours a day.

dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:35:04 AM

liquid web is one of the word biggest company who have biggest data centers and alot of staff

they have alot of Linux system admins for clients i think they can use you, i am one of their client.

and also as ^^ told you can make extra 160$ a month using your account by giving only 1 to 2 hours a day.

Thank you so much for the link, may i know how you can make extra 160$ monthly by using the site i mean is it from affilate program, reseller program or something else?
thanks in advance
ecwebservices

Activity: 125

Web Development Co. For Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 05:45:19 PM

Freelancer websites are good option for the guy but they do not pay in bitcoins. Also I did not get what do you mean by paying!

https://www.freelancer.com and some others allow you to spend money to get a higher ranking.

wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:01:51 PM

Thank you so much for the link, may i know how you can make extra 160$ monthly by using the site i mean is it from affilate program, reseller program or something else?
thanks in advance

the link for liquidweb jobs is for applying for a job you can not make money with the link or website its not a affiliate program nor reseller

what i meat was as tyz suggested him to what he can make extra using his forum account, he can make upto 160$ with his forum account

DataStorm

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:48:19 AM

I posted a thread on a job that I haven't had more than 1 response to in 2 days. The application period ends Friday. You seem to meet the requirements and I've had no applications yet. Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: