Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What feature and/or change would like to see in Bitcoin?  (Read 981 times)
owm123 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:00:38 PM

Assume every change can be done and feature added without any drama like with recent block size, and that it would not require hard-fork (even if it would).

As one can guess based on my signature, I would like to see more privacy features added to bitcoin. Also shorter confirmation time (e.g. 2 min) would be good.

What about you?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:04:08 PM

Assume every change can be done and feature added without any drama like with recent block size, and that it would not require hard-fork (even if it would).

As one can guess based on my signature, I would like to see more privacy features added to bitcoin. Also shorter confirmation time (e.g. 2 min) would be good.

What about you?

More privacy as well. Confidential transactions which I hope Gmaxwell is still working on because I haven't seen him around in ages thanks to the big block trolls, and integrated mixing with only a click like a built-in coinjoin in the main wallet.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 01:08:12 PM

- fast confirmations
- increased capacity of txs/second
- reduced size of blockchain
- ability to re-transmitting tx if the fee is insufficient (adding/increasing fee after tx was done).

If all that was done on the level of blockchain, without any sidechains etc I'd be pretty happy.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 01:12:18 PM

What about you?

More privacy as well. Confidential transactions which I hope Gmaxwell is still working on because I haven't seen him around in ages thanks to the big block trolls, and integrated mixing with only a click like a built-in coinjoin in the main wallet.

Id quite like a mixer in the wallet as well, much like dash has got. i dont need it for any particular reason since i dont actually need to mix coins but for those who do or if i ever had a need it would be much safer than sending it to some random website to do the mixing for you.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:43:07 PM

I want to have my cake and eat it to! These are 2 conflicting requirements.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:44:11 PM

- fast confirmations
- ability to re-transmitting tx if the fee is insufficient (adding/increasing fee after tx was done).

If all that was done on the level of blockchain, without any sidechains etc I'd be pretty happy.

More capacity or smaller blockchain, you can't have both.
The re transmitting of txs would be nice but it would require a whole reworking of how the mempool wooks; client side fee prediction would be a lot easier.  

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:15:19 PM

i want the old QR-Code generator in Bitcoin Core !
deleted since 0.9.1  ....  Angry
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:31:38 PM

It will be nice to see more trusted online wallet come to exist which can be stable for years and years like blockchain. Without online wallet specially local online wallet in each country bitcoin will be only accessible to tech guys and lovers.
We want bitcoin to get spreaded more and more.

And some internal limits bitcoin have to get uplifted like:
-blocksize
-faster transactions
-lagging in finding block (don't know it is only due to lag in online wallet)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:44:57 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2016, 12:35:28 PM by Amph

i was thinking about a small feature, that let you see instantly how much you spent/or how much coins has arrived into your wallet(i mean the total sum) in a certain time-frame

because right now everything i see are only the output and imput, thetotal imput and output must be calculated each time, this for a wallet with plenty of transactions can be useful
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 03:46:45 PM

I want to have my cake and eat it to! These are 2 conflicting requirements.

The topic is what would I like to see, whether it's feasible to implement or not.
Perhaps someone will come up with outside-the-box solution at some point. We already have ideas of pruned block chain and segregated witness.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:49:57 PM

What about you?

creating some way to put the public address in the back ground of apps where people dont need to know it, which lets face it is pretty much impossible to remember anyway.  I dont know what alternative we could use that would be unique but i supoose somthing like an email address or smaller number like a bank account number.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 05:35:02 PM

What about you?
I would love to see shorten confirmation time I am selling my bitcoin to one local seller and some times it took an hour or two to confirm that payment will have to go online from time to time to see and check if the transaction has been confirmed this is the feature that i want to change on bitcoin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:37:10 PM

What about you?
I would love to see shorten confirmation time I am selling my bitcoin to one local seller and some times it took an hour or two to confirm that payment will have to go online from time to time to see and check if the transaction has been confirmed this is the feature that i want to change on bitcoin

this is hard coded, it will not be done ever, like the supply limit or anything else so crucial that can alter too much the bitcoin environment

at best you can hope for somethign via sidechain, with a token that have 1 min confirmations time, but then orphan rate would increase for that chain, dunno how they can handle this...
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 06:00:50 AM

I don't know if the concept has been abandoned but I believe that what would be most beneficial to bitcoin, at the moment, would be some form of turing and smart contract functionality that could eliminate the need for escrow services.  Bitcoin needs those capabilities to keep up with the trends in blockchain technology or it risks falling behind and becoming an antiquated platform, in my uninvested opinion.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:53:04 AM

1) Faster Transaction and Confirmation.
2) A place that could save your bitcoin safely and free (like bank)
3) A debit card for bitcoins Cheesy
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:59:02 AM

- fast confirmations

Spot on.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:07:08 PM

What about you?

For sure for me the most important and immediate improvement that can be made to bitcoin is the find the way which will be possible the diminution of the time needed for the confirmation. Naturally that this time is connected with the production with an block and (being not an expert i this field mine is only a desire) this parameter normally must be controlled only by the technology seems almost impossible to something in this direction. But this cannot make me to stop in telling here this big a boring problem of bitcoin.

Then, and this can be perfectly solved if wanted, the second thing I want to see solved is the respect of the order in the confirmations. There are transaction who finish their process within minutes having its first confirmation with the first block created and then other transactions which must see 10-20-50-100 or even more blocks created before arriving of he One which will save the authors of those from the infinite waiting time in front a blockchain.info to see if their send bitcoin have the first confirmation. I understand that everything in this world is driven by the profit but if EVERY correct transaction with have its confirmation why cannot have it in the time which belong to it? The profit have from its confirmation don't change in time. So is the same whether will be when its turn and whether after one month. Why don't respect the line?
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:21:55 PM

Shorter time confirmation will be very very needed,

sometimes it kind of frustrated me when i want to do quick transaction and i need to keep waiting for confirmation and maybe more bitcoin atm..

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:29:01 PM

I would want to see the confirmations being much faster than they are right now. That's the top adjustment I am hoping for. Furthermore I would love to see a good solution being implemented to get rid of the blocksize debate. It's about that time something must happen. These are my main things I want to see get implemented/solved.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 05:54:18 PM

What about you?
i would like bitcoin is more easily obtained, in mines and the transaction faster, faster and more efficient confirmation. but I really hope now is that the more expensive the price change Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████