Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people buy or sell Bitcoin locally  (Read 2734 times)
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:02:45 AM

It  looks as if buying Bitcoin over the net is fraught with risks, and reputable traders seem to have wide spreads. The obvious solution would be to buy Bitcoin through a local face-to-face contact. Have any members of this forum done this?
Whether it can buy bitcoin with face-to-face?
As far as I could do with a face-to-face are transactions such as buying goods directly with bitcoin. If purchased online bitcoin should in my opinion can not be the face-to-face

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:59:36 AM

In here (Indonesia), bitcoin users are rare, so I can only do transaction of buying and selling by internet.  Sad
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:07:13 PM

In Croatia, we still dont have lot of Bitcoin users, so i mostly buy or sell Bitcoins online or at BTM machine in place where i live. Hope that will change cause we are mostly touristic country so more adoptance would do good to us and Bitcoin it self.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:29:21 PM

It  looks as if buying Bitcoin over the net is fraught with risks, and reputable traders seem to have wide spreads. The obvious solution would be to buy Bitcoin through a local face-to-face contact. Have any members of this forum done this?

It's not actualy a big deal, dealing with someone face to face, you just meetup and deal.
If you have a mobile wallet you can easily transfer the bitcoin there, if not maybe a laptop should be required.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 02:52:18 PM

I never had any problems or issues buying or selling Bitcoins for cash in face to face transactions at a public coffee shop unless they were undercover cooperating witnesses, confidential informants or agents for homeland "security".

As long as you make sure you are not dealing with LE or people under the thumb of LE you will be OK.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 11:38:14 AM

If you do the deal over a cup of coffee in a place like MacDonalds, the whole transaction would be recorded on video. I think that would be a good safe option, as I don't have anything to hide. I'd prefer to pay by instant bank transfer rther than cash, saves them thinking it's a drug deal. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:56:21 AM

I always use local bitcoin and meet up locally anytime I buy more than 1 bitcoin. I think its just safer to
meet someone in person at a public place and have never had a problem.

On the other hand I have been scammed just doing it online so its the safest imo. Just bring your phone/laptop
and do the transaction right there.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
djroadking

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:20:27 AM

Thanks for mentioning LocalBitcoin... Found that there's a btc atm in Lexington Ky! I'll have to go see it in person tomorrow if I have the time!

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:42:59 AM

Unfortunately, where I am live localbitcoin selling is noncompliant and illegally. Would I sell and buy bitcoins locally? Yes! Absolutely with trusted sellers.  Grin
Moneyburner

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:59:23 AM

Buying online from a reputable trading site isn' t really any more risky than face-to-face. There are many things that can go sour in a face-to-face deal that don't make it perfect.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
phonebased

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:11:27 AM

Buying online from a reputable trading site isn' t really any more risky than face-to-face. There are many things that can go sour in a face-to-face deal that don't make it perfect.
You need to develop some tactics to avoid being scammed. Like never trust exchanges, once done the trades, withdraw money to the wallet under your control! Face to face trading, you need to go to public places and will be safe.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:21:06 AM

in my local exchanger (online) more than 1000+ people know and trade bitcoin (some of that not active people) , bitcoin in my country is very popular but the big problem is bitcoin regulation, also very little merchand who accept bitcoin as payment, i hope in future more bitcoin merchand accept bitcoin
adicted

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:00:43 AM

Yes it was done already on this forum specifically on the currency exchange section. I saw some thread there buying bitcoins and is willing to transact face to face. I also have my own experience of trading in real life with a Facebook friend. I sold him some bitcoins and we decided to do a meet up for a much secure transaction as a quite big amount of bitcoin was involved. I'm glad it was a successful deal.
adolf84

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:12:39 AM

I've sold a few on craigslist and to friends. It's a good way to meet people that have similar interest and share knowledge.
yes, I like to trade face to face as well! So We can make friends and share the same interest , which make me feel comfortable .
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:26:29 PM

in my local exchanger (online) more than 1000+ people know and trade bitcoin (some of that not active people) , bitcoin in my country is very popular but the big problem is bitcoin regulation, also very little merchand who accept bitcoin as payment, i hope in future more bitcoin merchand accept bitcoin

I would say there is a easiest way Localbitcoins.com you can buy from some buyers with a bank of america account. doesn't have to be local purchase and if you need them quickly. Coinbase is very convenient, but it also takes a week for BTC purchases to clear for me. If you can find people in your immediate area.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:48:21 PM

I would say there is a easiest way Localbitcoins.com you can buy from some buyers with a bank of america account. doesn't have to be local purchase and if you need them quickly. Coinbase is very convenient, but it also takes a week for BTC purchases to clear for me. If you can find people in your immediate area.

i have done transactions with LocalBitcoins.com and it is very safe and secure , as the bitcoins will be with escrow of site and when you buy or sell you can verify the transaction and then clear the bitcoins. face to face is good but it is very risky of coming to know about identity and scam.
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:57:00 AM

In Croatia, we still dont have lot of Bitcoin users, so i mostly buy or sell Bitcoins online or at BTM machine in place where i live. Hope that will change cause we are mostly touristic country so more adoptance would do good to us and Bitcoin it self.
I am very confident that sooner or later there will be a lot if bitcoin bitcoin users often introduced to people who are not familiar with bitcoin.
People would be interested in bitcoin if introduced properly
James100t

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:29:23 PM

I can't told this.Because very little people are involved with this.My country people are not much interested about this.
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:51:01 AM

Yes i always advice my friends to have face 2 face deals..
BeacusBecause online local deals with any peoples there are many scams and frauds are happening ...
And strictly no to bank transfers.. and PayPal..
Both user can reverse their transactions, and stolen account can scam you..
So i always prefer face 2 face deals.
And i think 90% of my friends has aqured my suggestion in my locality resulting in building a good comunication  Wink
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:33:23 AM

Yes i always advice my friends to have face 2 face deals..
BeacusBecause online local deals with any peoples there are many scams and frauds are happening ...
And strictly no to bank transfers.. and PayPal..
Both user can reverse their transactions, and stolen account can scam you..
So i always prefer face 2 face deals.
And i think 90% of my friends has aqured my suggestion in my locality resulting in building a good comunication  Wink

It's good for advice. To think practically it's not easy meet every time and do trading. Even I have one my friend like that. He knows one guy near to my city. Who is doing local trading. And he giving good rate for my friend. May 1 or 2$ lesser than Google and preev value
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: