Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:17:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mind of a coder...  (Read 1027 times)
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 04:42:52 AM

As a coder, my brain developed in a way that when I read a piece of code I can compile it on-the-fly at my own memory and run it. This allows me to know what the computer will do with it when I put the machine to it. I believe many or most of other coders share this very same ability.

This ability makes us logical, and here we often come to a clash with some general population, due to their laisser-faire of cherry picking.
Sorry folks: WE CAN'T DO IT! In the very same way your computer will not jump blocks of code based on illogical momentary convenience, we can't ignore some instructions that are there.
The logical operators are AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR, NOT and XNOR, there's no such thing a CPICKING!
So your common religious, philosophical or political views that "are good if you ignore a bunch of inconvenient entries", otherwise are just suitable for psychopaths and with extremely dangerous and violent outcomes, are, for us, just suitable for psychopaths and with extremely dangerous and violent outcomes. If you want us to ignore rules, make sure they aren't there in the first place! We're also used to keep in memory loads of variables, objects, arrays... we can easily compute their interactions to peek the final result.

Hope you understand and, if you come across an ideology you're unsure about; ask a coder to analyze it.  Wink

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:16:23 PM

Should I ask them then?

Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:33:25 PM

Should I ask them then?

Human Robots with umbilical cords  Smiley

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:21:39 AM

Should I ask them then?

They don't seam to be coding. Coding != using the computer for something.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:22:24 AM

Should I ask them then?

They don't seam to be coding. Coding != using the computer for something.

Can a computer be coded for compassion or free will, away from the ideology or the "logic" of its programmer, as a true independent entity?
The computer will always be the puppet of its master coders, coders getting a paycheck to execute orders to solve a problem, no matter what it is.

That same "logic" is what made the climate computer model so... flexible. As long as you have a power, the coders will execute what that power wants.

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:15:55 PM

Not all coders care, know or examine ideologies. Whatever vars they're ignorant of they will not sum, making their code incomplete. By definition we aren't activists, but our job makes us better on analyzing data and when we become activists you get things like 3DES, AES, SHA, PGP, Bitcoin...
About your picture, those guys are playing some CS-like game, if you notice they've their hands on the mouse, a thing we avoid to do, it's unpractical to code.

|

|
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:33:22 PM

Not all coders care, know or examine ideologies. Whatever vars they're ignorant of they will not sum, making their code incomplete. By definition we aren't activists, but our job makes us better on analyzing data and when we become activists you get things like 3DES, AES, SHA, PGP, Bitcoin...
About your picture, those guys are playing some CS-like game, if you notice they've their hands on the mouse, a thing we avoid to do, it's unpractical to code.

Let me give you another image for you to analyzing its data then, with no mice and guys dressed as soldiers in it

The data can be whatever you want the computer to spit out. If you are an activist you create bitcoin, if you work for the nsa you create stuxnet.

As a coder can you deny the genius of the team behind stuxnet?

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:23:37 PM

No, I don't deny it.
As I don't deny the genius behind previous alike projects.
I don't say every coder or even a genius coder is an activist. Still I believe some may be giving second thoughts about what they are doing.
Computers are precise machines, they don't spit the data "we want", they can be bend to ignore much of related data and provide false results. Not the computer's fault.

|

|
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:58:44 PM

No, I don't deny it.
As I don't deny the genius behind previous alike projects.
I don't say every coder or even a genius coder is an activist. Still I believe some may be giving second thoughts about what they are doing.
Computers are precise machines, they don't spit the data "we want", they can be bend to ignore much of related data and provide false results. Not the computer's fault.

But... That was my point, my only point. Garbage in. Garbage out. It has nothing to do with the logical mind of a coder. A good coder will produce faster results with less buggy apps. The point is not the logical talent of the coder but the purpose of the codes...

If I put a seed in your mind in the form of a "What if...", you could visualize a solution without starting typing one line. For that seed to grow, first it would mean the "What if.." is an attractive proposition, something worth your effort to spend 1000s of hours coding for. You will do it for free or for little money because you believe in the seed. Or you do it anyway because I will pay you a lot, a lot of money to code the seed. That is the difference between a coder and an activist coder like yourself.

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:02:49 PM

A coder may not know/interest in an ideology, so like the computer it's impossible to compute what we don't know.
Like when I started to study Islam back on late 90's, I had absolutely no negative view of it, was just interested on its culture.

Furthermore, morals are relative and one can be a coder and a psychopath. Our job training can be useful to have a clear view on what an ideology is, but some are perfectly ok with whatever hazard it brings within.

|

|
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:11:54 PM

A coder may not know/interest in an ideology, so like the computer it's impossible to compute what we don't know.
Like when I started to study Islam back on late 90's, I had absolutely no negative view of it, was just interested on its culture.

Furthermore, morals are relative and one can be a coder and a psychopath. Our job training can be useful to have a clear view on what an ideology is, but some are perfectly ok with whatever hazard it brings within.

I thought to be a logical coder you have to be an atheist...

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:14:51 PM

If you take your time to fill the gaps on any religion, you'll become one.  Grin

If you don't know or just listen to some apologists... then your code is half-baked and will run as so.

|

|
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:29:34 PM

If you take your time to fill the gaps on any religion, you'll become one.  Grin

If you don't know or just listen to some apologists... then your code is half-baked and will run as so.

Is faith, (a distinction from religion) the ultimate code?

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:34:38 PM

https://brendaneich.com/

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:44:33 PM

You want to ride right through those gaps, there ain't but one way.

Whiskey for us and our boys, and beer for our horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_QSmxKJ8M
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: