Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Establishment Plan: How to talk about Bitcoins properly  (Read 6123 times)
Rocketfella (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:04:40 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2011, 11:58:05 AM by Rocketfella

This topic is about how to make sure that bitcoin ends up being a usable currency instead of just a pyramid scheme.

SHORT VERSION
1. Don't tell your friends "Buy Bitcoins and sell them later to make money!
2. Make people accept Bitcoins as donations/payments

LONG VERSION

Original Bitcoin Vision
Bitcoin COULD become a reliable way to transfer money to anybody. We can all agree, that Bitcoins that keep their value and can be used to buy  just about anything online would be a good thing.

Bitcoin value explosion "Bootstraping the Currency"
What we see at the moment is a rise in value that is caused by new people who hear about Bitcoin. Basically, there are these types of people:

(A) People who already have Bitcoins
(B) People who hate Bitcoins and won't buy any as long as it's not established as a currency
(C) People who would buy Bitcoins, if they knew they existed
(D) People who don't know, but wouldn't buy any if they did.

The only type of people who are relevant here are A and C. Let me explain:
At the moment, most type A people probably act like this: Make money by buying some Bitcoins, wait some time, sell them to type C people, who then become type A people. The interesting question is what will happen when we run out of type C people.

The Clock is Ticking
The rise in Bitcoin value is probably mainly caused by type C people turning into type A people. The number of type C people left is the countdown on the End Game Clock and it ticks faster the more press coverage / word of mouth Bitcoin gets.

End Game Scenario 1: Destruction
Assuming that you can't buy anything useful with bitcoins when there are no type C people left, nobody wants to buy any more Bitcoins. This means hyperinflation and the value will drop to zero almost instantly. A lot of people will have made a lot of money, even more will have lost some, but the important thing is that we won't have a nice, established online currency.

End Game Scenario 2: Useful Bitcoins
Lets say that a lot of retails and service providers accept Bitcoin. You can order everything you like using bitcoins, donate to your favourite youtube artist, book a vacation etc. When we run out of type C people, the value explosion stops, but Bitcoin should remain stable. You can just spend them to buy stuff and your local Bitcoin2Legacy-Money converter trades them at the stable rate to USD or whatever.

Now, in both scenarios you will have made a lot of money with bitcoins if you ran the "buy, wait, sell" tactic. But in the second scenario we get a useful crypto currency as a bonus on top of that!

Don't talk about Bitcoins!
Sure, telling your friends "Hey, invest 10 bucks into bitcoins and you'll have 100 in 2 months" is fun, but this isn't helping. All it does is make the End Game Clock run faster. It might not even help you make more money, since Bitcoin might not peak higher, just sooner. So you would only be making money faster, but not more.

Create a market instead!
So what we need for Bitcoin to stay is an actual Bitcoin market. Here's how to do that.

1. Start with people that you don't actually have to pay because you can get their stuff for free. This could be your favourite blogger or a youtube artist, who constantly asks for money at the end of his actually good videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6sdpc8stqI&feature=channel_video_title Be creative and make it sound like donating in bitcoin is a totally normal thing "Hey, I tried to donate to you but I couldn't find your bitcoin address anywhere on the site. Could you just mail it to me so I can donate?". Starting with these people is best, since they don't risk ANYTHING by using bitcoins: If it works out, they get extra donation, if it doesn't and Bitcoin fails, they haven't lost anything compared to not accepting Bitcoins in the first place.

2. If you can, sell your products/services accepting Bitcoins as payment.

3. Be bold towards sellers of stuff that you don't really need, but would be nice to have. Say you find something for sale somewhere (product, service...) and then tell the guy "I would buy it if you accepted Bitcoins". You have to be honest here, buy it if he accepts Bitcoins, don't buy it if he doesn't. It is very important that people don't start to think "Yeah, those crazy Bitcoin guys want me to pay with that, but I refused to accept it so they still bought it in USD!".

4. The hardest case is paying for stuff that you definitely will buy. Hopefully, convincing (1) and (2) will cause somebody of (3) to accept Bitcoins. If two shops offer the same thing for the same price, buy the thing paying with Bitcoins.

If you behave like this, you help establishing Bitcoin. Creating a market still takes time and the End Game Clock is running. Please don't speed up the clock by hyping Bitcoin! Telling your friends about Bitcoin, spamming forums etc. only cuts the time we have to get a real market going. You won't lose money if the Bitcoin value rises slower since it will still peak at the same level, only later.

Thanks for reading.

If you think this was worth reading:
13FsW67CtKn97TfjVqG8bDqTRA3b7Xjgxg

P.S.: I would appreciate it if this topic became sticky. I think it is very important that every Bitcoin user understands the consequences of their actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dude65535

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:32:10 PM

First I opened this thread expecting to find someone who was trying to hold down the price while their money got to Mt.Gox, I was pleasantly surprised.

Secondly the cat is out of the bag on bitcoin, I don't think anyone can significantly slow the spread of the information now.

Lastly I don't think a price crash would destroy bitcoin, as long as the technology is sound people can pick up the pieces and build the bitcoin economy you want to see created. This would take place at a much slower pace then we are currently seeing but I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen.

1DCj8ZwGZXQqQhgv6eUEnWgsxo8BTMj3mT
chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 07:38:29 PM

I was expecting something more like this...

The first rule of bitcoin club is you do not talk about bitcoins.

The second rule of bitcoin club is you DO NOT talk about bitcoins.

If your computer overheats, crashes, melts, or your power goes out, the mining is over.

Two GPUs per MB.

One pool at a time.

No cases, no monitors.

Mining will continue as long as it's profitable.

If this is your first night at bitcoin club, you have to mine.

Rocketfella (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:56:32 PM

Well, just remember this rule of thumb:
Instead of saying "Hey friend, buy Bitcoins to get rich!" say "Hey stranger, accept Bitcoins to get rich!".
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 08:06:47 PM

"Get rich" is part of the problem...

If you want it established as a currency, then "getting rich" isn't one of the main reasons anyone should use it.

You don't get rich using US Dollars.  You get rich providing services, investing in ideas, or buying and selling goods, the currency you perform those actions in doesn't matter.  Bitcoins should make commerce easier, so it's easier to get rich performing commerce. 

If the only reason for Bitcoins existence is to speculate on markets related to Bitcoins themselves, we're doomed.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
foo

Activity: 409

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:16:47 PM

I was expecting something more like this...

The first rule of bitcoin club is you do not talk about bitcoins.

The second rule of bitcoin club is you DO NOT talk about bitcoins.

If your computer overheats, crashes, melts, or your power goes out, the mining is over.

Two GPUs per MB.

One pool at a time.

No cases, no monitors.

Mining will continue as long as it's profitable.

If this is your first night at bitcoin club, you have to mine.

Mischief. Mayhem. Alpaca socks.

"Satoshi's not here. Satoshi went away. Satoshi's gone."

I know this because Tyler knows this.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:05:39 PM

Create a market instead!

Bitcoin as a store of value/ financial instrument is not a market?

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
Rocketfella (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:30:31 AM

I just don't think that that will be enough. For the currency to succeed, there needs to be a real economy, where you can buy real things.

Speaking of buying real things with bitcoins, the wiki page for that seems to be mostly incorrect. Does anyone know of a legitimate site where I could buy things like a new Android phone? I'm not interested in temporary things like renting a server or buying food.
jashan

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 11:35:24 AM

Well, just remember this rule of thumb:
Instead of saying "Hey friend, buy Bitcoins to get rich!" say "Hey stranger, accept Bitcoins to get rich!".

Sounds cool ... but I'd like to propose a little amendment to that ;-)

Instead of saying "Hey friend, buy Bitcoins to get rich!" say "Hey stranger, offer valuable services and products you accept Bitcoins for to get rich!".

You might consider changing the subject from "Don't talk about Bitcoins! (Bitcoin Establishment Plan)" to "Bitcoin Establishment Plan: How to talk about Bitcoins" ;-)
Rocketfella (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:00:19 PM

Good idea, jashan. I changed the subject.

When/if that other guy who wanted to donate 0.01 BTC to me figures out how to do so I'll just forward it to you. Smiley
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:03:31 PM

The original poster has correctly described how the speculative bubble inflates and bursts, but he maintains the illusion that it can be somewhat steered to become something other than a bubble.

Sorry pal, you don't know human nature; the people who will promote Bitcoin most aggressively are the early adopters or those who invested significant sums of money. They have a vested interest to draw more suckers in and inflate it even more, so they will skip the "make sure you go against your better judgement and spend any coin you might acquire, don't hoard them like me and become rich, for that will mean it's just a bubble" part.

You should expect them to cling on the dream to very end, "it's a temporary dip, a great opportunity, now is the time to buuuuy !". Some will undoubtedly live the dream and retire wealthy, but the vast majority is in for a big disappointment and even financial ruin for some. That's how a zero sum game works.

Anyhow, the spectacle of human nature is just startin` and I have front row seats Cheesy

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
cloud9

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:11:01 PM

This topic is about how to make sure that bitcoin ends up being a usable currency instead of just a pyramid scheme.

SHORT VERSION
1. Don't tell your friends "Buy Bitcoins and sell them later to make money!
2. Make people accept Bitcoins as donations/payments

LONG VERSION

Original Bitcoin Vision
Bitcoin COULD become a reliable way to transfer money to anybody. We can all agree, that Bitcoins that keep their value and can be used to buy  just about anything online would be a good thing.

Bitcoin value explosion "Bootstraping the Currency"
What we see at the moment is a rise in value that is caused by new people who hear about Bitcoin. Basically, there are these types of people:

(A) People who already have Bitcoins
(B) People who hate Bitcoins and won't buy any as long as it's not established as a currency
(C) People who would buy Bitcoins, if they knew they existed
(D) People who don't know, but wouldn't buy any if they did.

The only type of people who are relevant here are A and C. Let me explain:
At the moment, most type A people probably act like this: Make money by buying some Bitcoins, wait some time, sell them to type C people, who then become type A people. The interesting question is what will happen when we run out of type C people.

The Clock is Ticking
The rise in Bitcoin value is probably mainly caused by type C people turning into type A people. The number of type C people left is the countdown on the End Game Clock and it ticks faster the more press coverage / word of mouth Bitcoin gets.

End Game Scenario 1: Destruction
Assuming that you can't buy anything useful with bitcoins when there are no type C people left, nobody wants to buy any more Bitcoins. This means hyperinflation and the value will drop to zero almost instantly. A lot of people will have made a lot of money, even more will have lost some, but the important thing is that we won't have a nice, established online currency.

End Game Scenario 2: Useful Bitcoins
Lets say that a lot of retails and service providers accept Bitcoin. You can order everything you like using bitcoins, donate to your favourite youtube artist, book a vacation etc. When we run out of type C people, the value explosion stops, but Bitcoin should remain stable. You can just spend them to buy stuff and your local Bitcoin2Legacy-Money converter trades them at the stable rate to USD or whatever.

Now, in both scenarios you will have made a lot of money with bitcoins if you ran the "buy, wait, sell" tactic. But in the second scenario we get a useful crypto currency as a bonus on top of that!

Don't talk about Bitcoins!
Sure, telling your friends "Hey, invest 10 bucks into bitcoins and you'll have 100 in 2 months" is fun, but this isn't helping. All it does is make the End Game Clock run faster. It might not even help you make more money, since Bitcoin might not peak higher, just sooner. So you would only be making money faster, but not more.

Create a market instead!
So what we need for Bitcoin to stay is an actual Bitcoin market. Here's how to do that.

1. Start with people that you don't actually have to pay because you can get their stuff for free. This could be your favourite blogger or a youtube artist, who constantly asks for money at the end of his actually good videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6sdpc8stqI&feature=channel_video_title Be creative and make it sound like donating in bitcoin is a totally normal thing "Hey, I tried to donate to you but I couldn't find your bitcoin address anywhere on the site. Could you just mail it to me so I can donate?". Starting with these people is best, since they don't risk ANYTHING by using bitcoins: If it works out, they get extra donation, if it doesn't and Bitcoin fails, they haven't lost anything compared to not accepting Bitcoins in the first place.

2. If you can, sell your products/services accepting Bitcoins as payment.

3. Be bold towards sellers of stuff that you don't really need, but would be nice to have. Say you find something for sale somewhere (product, service...) and then tell the guy "I would buy it if you accepted Bitcoins". You have to be honest here, buy it if he accepts Bitcoins, don't buy it if he doesn't. It is very important that people don't start to think "Yeah, those crazy Bitcoin guys want me to pay with that, but I refused to accept it so they still bought it in USD!".

4. The hardest case is paying for stuff that you definitely will buy. Hopefully, convincing (1) and (2) will cause somebody of (3) to accept Bitcoins. If two shops offer the same thing for the same price, buy the thing paying with Bitcoins.

If you behave like this, you help establishing Bitcoin. Creating a market still takes time and the End Game Clock is running. Please don't speed up the clock by hyping Bitcoin! Telling your friends about Bitcoin, spamming forums etc. only cuts the time we have to get a real market going. You won't lose money if the Bitcoin value rises slower since it will still peak at the same level, only later.

Thanks for reading.

If you think this was worth reading:
13FsW67CtKn97TfjVqG8bDqTRA3b7Xjgxg

P.S.: I would appreciate it if this topic became sticky. I think it is very important that every Bitcoin user understands the consequences of their actions.

Calling your Bitcoins that you buy/sell/(trade for goods) a currency is stepping into a legal minefield in my opinion, as the financial industry is regulated by numerous laws beyond the scope of this posting, for legislation administrative rulings see http://fincen.gov/

Calling your Bitcoins that you buy/sell/(trade/barter for goods) a digital P2P crypto-commodity is maybe more accurate.

hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:42:04 PM

Thanks for writting this. Its very important that bitcoins become more accepted by traders.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
jashan

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 02:23:20 PM

When/if that other guy who wanted to donate 0.01 BTC to me figures out how to do so I'll just forward it to you. Smiley

Hehe, cool ;-) ... I decided to give it a try with 0.1 and guess what: That immediately worked (I still had a 0.001 transaction fee active). So maybe it was just the error message that was misleading ;-)

The error says "This transaction is over the size limit." - it should actually be "This transaction is below the size limit". Seems like I can send 0.1 but I can't send 0.01. I have a very weird Bitcoin Balance now: 84.4299 ... it's really time we switch to 1 BTC = 1,000,000 BTC ... 84,429,900 BTC would look much more reasonable, now wouldn't it?
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:39:52 PM

Too late, parent poster.

The Wall Street Journal online posted a story about bitcoin. All we can do is point people at the resources to understand it. Any suggestions to regulate behavior are antithetical to bitcoin in principle anyway. Freedom to spend, but we can't talk about it? Doesn't make sense.

Just let the market do its thing, it is the best promoter we have.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
cloud9

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:46:45 PM

Some more fiction:

Swimmer:  "But its anonymous!"  Huh
Anders:  "No it is not!"  Roll Eyes

Swimmer:  "But its untraceable!"  Huh
Anders:  "No it is not!"  Cheesy

Swimmer:  "But its illegal!"  Huh
Anders:  "No it is not!"  Smiley

Swimmer:  "But you can launder it!"  Shocked
Anders:  "Yes you can! Like most assets!"   Sad

Swimmer:  "But if you LAUNDER it, THEN it will become maybe untraceable or even anonymous!"  Angry
Anders:  "Yes."  Sad

Swimmer:  "But laundering is illegal!"  Angry
Anders:  "Yes it is."  Sad

Swimmer:  "Oh I get it!, Ghostbusters go after those LAUNDERERS and DRUG PEDDLERS at least we can LITIGATE .... THEM!"  Smiley

All legal Bitcoin crypto-commodity users:  Cheer!!  Cheesy

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:22:47 PM

In the future your money will be digital. That money will cost you a lot to store and spend. This is already happened to a large extent. Consider how much more expensive it is to use your credit card vs. cash.
The real strength of BTC is that it has the advantages of being digital and it is still your money to spend and save at basically no cost.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 12:19:58 PM

I just don't think that that will be enough. For the currency to succeed, there needs to be a real economy, where you can buy real things.

In order to be able to buy and sell things with a currency it has to have a high trading volume. Otherwise, the first merchant to cash out will drop the price to near zero and then the rest will panic. Buying BitCoins to hold helps increase the trading volume and it helps hold the value up against cash outs.

I don't think it makes sense to try to change your behavior to make the currency work. Use the currency in the way that makes the most sense to you so that it's the most useful to you.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 12:28:35 PM

In order to be able to buy and sell things with a currency it has to have a high trading volume. Otherwise, the first merchant to cash out will drop the price to near zero and then the rest will panic. Buying BitCoins to hold helps increase the trading volume and it helps hold the value up against cash outs.

I don't think it makes sense to try to change your behavior to make the currency work. Use the currency in the way that makes the most sense to you so that it's the most useful to you.

We need some channels were people dont need to get out of the Bitcoin economy. That is why I think its so important to get food business to accept bitcoins. If I earn bitcoins and can use them to buy food, there really is no need to change them back to a government currency. And as the business that accept bitcoins grow the food business can use them to buy computers, etc... Once we create some "circular flow" there will be no need to use the government currency.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 12:42:01 PM

We need some channels were people dont need to get out of the Bitcoin economy. That is why I think its so important to get food business to accept bitcoins. If I earn bitcoins and can use them to buy food, there really is no need to change them back to a government currency. And as the business that accept bitcoins grow the food business can use them to buy computers, etc... Once we create some "circular flow" there will be no need to use the government currency.
Right, but that's much harder to get. And a circle that passes through a government currency works just as well to promote bitcoins, possibly better because the increased conversion volume helps stabilize the currency.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: