Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:30:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the death penalty?
Yes - 17 (41.5%)
No - 24 (58.5%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you support or oppose the death penalty?  (Read 5772 times)
astrocity1981

Activity: 343
Merit: 254

From The New World

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:28:04 AM

I oppose it because if there is .0001 percent chance that the man is innocent we should not take away his life and say oops we thought he killed them people. My bad.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:09:55 AM

Yes, I support or oppose...

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:22:29 AM

I oppose it because if there is .0001 percent chance that the man is innocent we should not take away his life and say oops we thought he killed them people. My bad.

In the united States, this is something like the way it originally was, before the people became stupid enough to bow down to the attorneys and all the games they play.

Back then the death penalty was upheld, virtually by the whole country, but only when there was absolute proof.

If there was any doubt, the case was thrown out.

Nowadays, the attorneys and the justice system play such games that it is safer to plea bargain out, even if you are innocent.

Attorney Marc J. Victor explains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGdOsioCzsA.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:43:53 AM

For child rapist - dead penalty for sure.
I always have the idea of some kind "working camps" for small crimes. 1st theft - 1 month, 2nd - 3 month, 3rd - seems you are degradation mood so 3 years.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 09:08:54 AM

Crime is a natural byproduct of modern civilization, I don't think it would be wise to try and eliminate it completely using brute force.
Science/knowledge is unswayed by sentiment and its expansion cannot be stopped. Without crime, murder etc, the door leading to knowledge pertaining to those specific elements of society/infinity would be closed and that cannot happen. Once a particular door of knowledge is opened, it cannot ever closed.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:56:12 AM

People all over the world are taking other peoples lives so they should be punished and have to go through the trauma their victims did! Why do people think it's acceptable to murder someone? I only think the death penalty should be brought on the worst crimes such as murder.If a man has taken the life of another man then he deserves death.
I strongly support the death penalty for those who are found guilty by a very severe error. such as drug dealers and terrorists
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:33:54 PM

An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and a life for a life is what I believe in, however, Judges and Juries get it wrong, so for that reason I am against the death penalty unless and until they can get it right. They can't give someone back their life, but they can release them and give them money to help make them whole again if they make a mistake.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:58:01 PM

The death penalty is not a complicated issue for one very simple reason. Can you be sure the person accused is really guilty? With a 100% certainty? The answer is no. Even DNA is wrong from time to time. You can never be totally sure.

But death penalty needs a 100% precision because they're is no going back.
So no, death penalty is a stupid barbaric act.

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:31:11 AM

Opposed.

Do you support or oppose the death penalty?
What problem does it solve?  

1. Money.

What is the cost of killing and the cost of detention for the State?

2. Death for Death.

Isn't the cost of keeping people in jail lower than killing them? There is always appeals in court and all that people can go through before execution. And the cost for it all is higher than just keeping them in jail. May be different in other countries. But need to make sure innocent people aren't executed. Though you can never be absolutely sure.

For the most part keeping them in jail is cheaper, plus many of the ones on death row are innocent. Killing of innocent people is murder.
You cant say that "oh. We killed 5 guilty but killed 10 innocent in the process. It's worth it" If one in hundred is innocent it's still too much.
When the innocent is in jail it's still a chance. If you kill him, it's too late and you are guilty of murder.

If we are purely discussing cost: In some countries prisoners work and thus makes profit. In that situation it is more profitable to keep them alive.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:05:06 AM

Totally support. Governments wouldn't need to spend money anymore on such people like murderers, terrorists, drug dealers, etc.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:55:42 AM

Totally support.
The death sentence does bring closure to victims' families.
You can have life sentences and the best of prisons, but sometimes prisoners do manage to escape.
daarul50
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:01:21 AM

An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and a life for a life is what I believe in, however, Judges and Juries get it wrong, so for that reason I am against the death penalty unless and until they can get it right. They can't give someone back their life, but they can release them and give them money to help make them whole again if they make a mistake.
indeed dead can not be revived.
whether the person has been convicted of killing may revive the person who had killed him? the answer is certainly not.
do not just think actors killer, but think also of victims of murder
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:35:26 AM

Crime is a natural byproduct of modern civilization, I don't think it would be wise to try and eliminate it completely using brute force.

How modern? Crime has existed for longer than laws. Agree with the rest though. People change and society changes. Many things considered crimes in the past are normal now. So we need to deal with it carefully.

Totally support. Governments wouldn't need to spend money anymore on such people like murderers, terrorists, drug dealers, etc.

Like we said before killing people is more expensive. If cost is all you care about you would be against the death penalty. Unless you don't care about killing some that may be innocent. In that case you can remove the chance to appeal and maybe then would become cheaper to kill people. But more innocents would die.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:04:04 AM

There are always some drawbacks. For example; if you have strict capital punishment for murder you also create a certain incentive for criminals to kill witnesses. I guess they´d be less interested in that if the punishment was imprisonment. It should not be difficult to imagine the many possible situations. Sometimes people are just unlucky and happen upon, stumble into things.

flagpara

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:49:13 AM

Totally support.
You can have life sentences and the best of prisons, but sometimes prisoners do manage to escape.

What you're talking about is revenge, not justice.
Justice is here to prevent crimes to be commited by applying the law. The goal is not to release the pain of victim's families. Otherwise let's apply Talyon law, a murderer gets killed, a thief gets his hand cut and so on...

-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

Like we said before killing people is more expensive. If cost is all you care about you would be against the death penalty. Unless you don't care about killing some that may be innocent. In that case you can remove the chance to appeal and maybe then would become cheaper to kill people. But more innocents would die.
How can it be more expensive? That's just one fucking shot. Sure there can be innocent people but first of all you need to understand that  statically 0.001% or so means absolutely nothing. You should also realize that life in prison could be much worse than death especially like in a Russian prison. Personally if I commit a high crime one day I'd rather wish to be sentenced to death than life in prison (this weight would be way-too heavy for me).

daarul50
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:12:24 AM

Totally support.

Justice is here to prevent crimes to be commited by applying the law. The goal is not to release the pain of victim's families. Otherwise let's apply Talyon law, a murderer gets killed, a thief gets his hand cut and so on...
I agree with your opinion. your mind together with my thinking. with penalties like that it will not happen again murder or theft
nichu

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:38:42 AM

The biggest problem with death penalty is that it's final.
You can't bring anyone back from the dead if you find out that someone is actually innocent.

yeah thats true, but then how many innocent are serving the death penalty, u cant get that without proper evidence..for mad dwags death penalty is the only solution.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:12:18 AM

Totally support.

Haven't you heard of compensation awarded?
The point of that is not preventing crimes getting committed.
Justice is with reference to the victimes and their families as well, not just to society.
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:15:27 AM

I'm support the death penalty for the people who grabs the people life likes terorism. They must be executed death penalty for them because they have not humanity sides.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: