Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I generate keypairs offline and not on a modern OS?  (Read 368 times)
plorph (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:42:08 AM

I basically am asking for another type of mycelium entropy because they are all sold out. I love the idea of sticking a flash drive into a printer and printing off some paper wallets. I don't quite trust modern operating systems to use a web based generator such as bitaddress.org despite it being client side. What is the safest way to generate cold storage paper wallets I can stash my bitcoins away and be confident that the private keys aren't left somewhere on a device that can be stolen?

puh-lorph
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:03:28 AM

go to bitaddress.org.. save page to file.. put on memory stick

put memory stick into a offline computer that will never go online again.

print out addresses

if paranoid that somehow it might save privkey to stick
delete file on memory stick (it doesnt save privkeys ... but if your paranoid, you will worry anyway)

without paranoia and is possible:
also delete the printers memory too.. yes your printer does retain data of every page it prints..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
plorph (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:06:09 AM

go to bitaddress.org.. save page to file.. put on memory stick

put memory stick into a offline computer that will never go online again.

print out addresses

if paranoid that somehow it might save privkey to stick
delete file on memory stick (it doesnt save privkeys ... but if your paranoid, you will worry anyway)

without paranoia and is possible:
also delete the printers memory too.. yes your printer does retain data of every page it prints..

noted, thanks.
Still curious though, is there another kind of flash drive paper wallet generator like mycelium entropy?

puh-lorph
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: