Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:42:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Assets subforum  (Read 1115 times)
BurstIncomeAsset (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:12:37 PM

I suggest adding a subboard to Altcoin Announcements named "Crypto Assets", where users can post announcements of new altcoin based crypto assets or crypto tokens.

There are many assets based on altcoins like: Maidsafecoin @ Omni , GetGems @ Counterparty, Supernet @ NXT, etc. You can see them here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

The assets alone are worth over 22m $, I think they deserve a subforum where to put ANN's.

So Altcoin Announcements > Crypto Assets would be a perfect place for altcoin assets, and the Economy > Securities will remain the one for bitcoin assets.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 04:55:03 PM

I don't see the need for this. The altcoin section is basically just another trashcan section for most.

The assets alone are worth over 22m $, I think they deserve a subforum where to put ANN's.
That's just the theoretical value and it is quite low.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 04:56:38 PM

The crypto-assets that are more like shares or stocks of a business, service, etc. belong in the Marketplace (Altcoins) and those that more resemble coins rather than traditional assets, belong in the Announcements (Altcoins). In my opinion, there doesn't seem to be that many who create ANN topics for their assets (as in they don't overwhelm current boards on a daily basis) and the ones you mentioned are the rare exceptions, along with several others.

BurstIncomeAsset (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:13:04 PM

The crypto-assets that are more like shares or stocks of a business, service, etc. belong in the Marketplace (Altcoins) and those that more resemble coins rather than traditional assets, belong in the Announcements (Altcoins). In my opinion, there doesn't seem to be that many who create ANN topics for their assets (as in they don't overwhelm current boards on a daily basis) and the ones you mentioned are the rare exceptions, along with several others.

So where can I post my ANN for my asset then if I may?
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 01:00:04 PM

If you made it virtual assets rather than just crypto assets, you could include domain names.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 01:29:39 PM

So where can I post my ANN for my asset then if I may?
Read through my post you're quoting again:

mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:27:32 PM

Coinmarketcap put the crypto assets on a separate page to regular coins, but as far as I'm concerned making a sub-forum for them here is a bad idea. I don't look at the coinmarketcap crypto assets page, and I wouldn't look at a bitcointalk crypto assets sub-forum. Most of us wouldn't use it, so it would be pointless making a sub-forum. Crypto assets aren't as popular as coins.
BurstIncomeAsset (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:34:31 PM

Coinmarketcap put the crypto assets on a separate page to regular coins, but as far as I'm concerned making a sub-forum for them here is a bad idea. I don't look at the coinmarketcap crypto assets page, and I wouldn't look at a bitcointalk crypto assets sub-forum. Most of us wouldn't use it, so it would be pointless making a sub-forum. Crypto assets aren't as popular as coins.

That is funny because assets actually have a potential to make profits for holders while new altcoins are mostly scams.

I`m not saying assets cannot be scams, but the amount of new altcoins being a scam is more than 99% and dont even have any plans to become anything else.

They just present a copycat of another alt, do a quick funding round and then pretend that the dev wallet got hacked and run away with the money.

Crypto assets could have big impact because independent business projects could link their business to an asset and create profit for investors.

A coin in itself doesnt offer this capacity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: