Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I'm actually going to boycott mainstream televised news  (Read 5587 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 11:21:55 AM

I don't mind Russia Today in small doses, but let's be honest Tongue They are RUSSIA today, so of course they're going to take every chance they can to make America look bad, that said I have no problem with that, I've really gotten sickened by that country in particular lately.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 11:37:28 AM

I know it's a comedy show, but The Daily Show has to be the only lot I've ever trusted when it comes to this sort of thing and they're all perfectly honest about they're beliefs, plus it's fucking hilarious to watch them make fools out of politicians and reporters, it just shows off what a complete circus it all is.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 03:36:57 AM

I find it hilarious that local news pretends law enforcement is making a dent in the drug trade and especially silk road.

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 07:40:17 AM

@ OP

Ya I myself don't even have cable, all my news I get online and any shows I like I just queue them online and hook up an hdmi to my t.v.

The news is all incredibly biased poorly-reported crap, the shows are almost all poorly-written and try wayyyy too hard to appeal to as much of the population as they can, and they rarely ever show good movies anymore. As far as I'm concerned, I just don't see any reason to watch ANY of the broadcasted shit.
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 03:53:54 PM

I find it hilarious that local news pretends law enforcement is making a dent in the drug trade and especially silk road.

Same here.  I occasionally watch local television news to get the local weather report.  I'm always shocked at horrified at the levels of propaganda on local news.  It seems even more intense than on national news media.

Local news is an unending stream of stories about local government heros smacking da' meth menace, bringing home D.C. largess for some new local social program, or pimping pharmaceuticals and consumer electronic crap.

Some people leave this crap running in their homes how 24/7.  I recently attended a Christmas party at a TSA supervisor's house.  He had, I kid you not, six televisions *all running* in his house at once; kitchen, living room, bedroom, master bath, office, and outdoors on the porch!

The cacophony was maddening.  I turned off the television where we were sitting on the porch so I could better converse with other party-goers.  He came outside to put more food on the BBQ, saw the blank screen, became visibly annoyed, and turned it back on.  I mean, the guy had a look on his face like he'd spotted a turd floating in his hot tub.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██