Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Litecoins be worth in a year or two?  (Read 3230 times)
psybits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:25:58 PM

Well I only discovered bitcoins the other day and I really think this movement has an extremely bright future (it's the future of money in so many ways - perhaps the biggest one being it enables us to generate money and trade money outside the archaic decaying governments and banks as human beings once again and not as "consumers" or "customers" or even "good little worker bees").

What do you guys think about Litecoins? They've been around for about a year and at the moment it's about 130 LTC to BTC but I think they will become worth much, much more over the next year - what do you guys think?

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 08:49:45 PM

I don't really know TBH. What can you buy directly with LTC without first having to exchange to another currency?

I should've bought more LTC when they were almost 400 per BTC, but I'd like the price to fall further back before considering another purchase. I think the current price is driven totally by speculation, unlike BTC where the price is driven by real demand in a real and productive global economy.

Just my 2000 satoshi or so worth, though.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:52:35 PM

What will tenebrix or one of the other now defunct alternate crypto currencies be worth in a year or two? Probably nothing like they are today. These are experiments of experiments. Good points in the post above. What can you use them for besides currency trade? There's a lot that bitcoin can be used for.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 09:07:28 PM

Yeah this is true - I'm going to be accepting Bitcoin and Litecoin at a few online projects soon because I really want to help the Litecoin economy as well. There is a real lack of places accepting it at the moment but with the BTC price constantly rising at the moment (and the block halving) it might become a better option for some people just because it is cheaper. The poor mans BTC if you like.

At this stage LTC can be traded for USD, other currencies and BTC so the fact it can be traded for USD means people are attributing a real value to it which is pretty awesome. So I suppose people are already attributing it with a real value but yes I agree it needs to be able to be directly exchanged for goods and services as well and I believe more people should be doing this (accepting Litecoin) if they really believe in the future of cryptocurrencies.

With 80 000 000 being in circulation in an ideal world LTC should stabilise (or keep climbing in relation to USD price) at one quarter of the price of BTC right? It has only been a year so maybe like BTC it could be a big year ahead for its second Smiley

Did the other failed cryptocurrencies also have about 80 000 000 to be released? I.e did they fit in logically with how BTC was conceived and to complement BTC as a currency to have four times as much in circulation as BTC?
Forexcoins

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 12:00:02 AM

Here some nice charts for Litecoins:

http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=ytd&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 12:18:30 AM

...it might become a better option for some people just because it is cheaper. The poor mans BTC if you like.
This is a strange statement to make.  How is it cheaper for someone to send 200 LTC instead of 1 BTC?  Or 2 LTC instead of 0.01 BTC?

That said, I don't think LTC has any future, because it isn't different enough from Bitcoin.  But I've held on to a couple hundred LTC just in case.
marnie

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:54:06 AM

That said, I don't think LTC has any future, because it isn't different enough from Bitcoin.  But I've held on to a couple hundred LTC just in case.

Agree. People are going to jump on it thinking it's going to go up like BTC, and it'll fizzle out.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:56:06 AM

about tree fiddy

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
geniusboy91

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:08:00 AM

Can someone explain Litecoins and their difference from Bitcoins?
btcards

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:08:40 AM

litecoins are a joke.
Dr. McKay

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:10:18 AM

Can someone explain Litecoins and their difference from Bitcoins?
Litecoins aim to be "the silver to Bitcoin's gold", but there's no real need for them. Bitcoins are already divisible down to 8 decimal places. There's no real danger of Bitcoins being "too big" a unit of currency.

Honestly, I don't think Litecoin will go anywhere since it's essentially just Bitcoin but a different network.
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 06:30:21 AM

...it might become a better option for some people just because it is cheaper. The poor mans BTC if you like.
This is a strange statement to make.  How is it cheaper for someone to send 200 LTC instead of 1 BTC?  Or 2 LTC instead of 0.01 BTC?

Yes, this is true. What I mean is that as Bitcoin is now the most expensive currency in the world by far (crypto or otherwise) and there is obviously a very high demand for it surely there is room in the cryptocurrency ecology for another currency like Litecoin?

Ultimately it is up to us to start projects which accept Litecoins as payment and also spread the distribution Litecoins into the crypto economy to raise their price.

Instead of observing and holding onto their Litecoin, people should be using their Litecoin to stimulate the Litecoin economy and doing things themselves which will stimulate LTC. It is still so small that anyone can make a difference.

I'm just getting started but any LTC donations gratefully accepted to help me get started on some LTC projects! Smiley

LTC LQ5E526EFy5TqBV5y3K4w54bakVVZUNgrA

Smiley

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 06:35:27 AM

Just thought of something.  With the recent unconfirmed transaction reversal scheme that someone was able to do vs satoshidice, essentially forcing sites like that to wait for 1 confirmation before even telling the player whether they won or not, wouldn't Litecoin carry an advantage with the 2-minute-blocks setup?  I think that advantage just became marginally more significant.
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 06:41:29 AM

I think a lot of people aren't realising it is up to US to give these things a higher value, just like with BTC.

We are not observers in this new economy, but participators. It is not like the economy we are all accustomed too, but so many of you bring the same old mindset to this new world we are creating.

Anyone can make a difference and if just one person started a significant project this could raise the price significantly (a good idea if you're sitting on a hoard of them).

Me, I want to to do it for idealistic reasons, because I believe cryptocurrencies are the future Smiley
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 06:43:21 AM

A major bonus of Litecoins is the fact that transactions confirm so much faster.  That alone will add to the value of them.

TooCasual

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 07:11:02 AM

I personally think the other crypto currencies will bolster the BTC economy.  Wide spread acceptance in all the currencies will be much stronger and diverse than a solo type entity.  I would think the strong sub crypto like LTC (Litecoin) and PPcoin will have greater value in the future.

Once the rest of the world catches on with the beauty and somewhat simplicity of these currencies (although the technical understanding for them can be very daunting).  The values of these currencies will skyrocket.

It will just take a few more major players (like Wordpress, etc) to jump on board... and then see the BTC etc rates on the news channels and the exchanges.

The way the internet was the infinite change to information solicitation - Cypto online currencies will dominate the "old world" physical currencies.

Think of the poorer countries with their currency which is either decimated or valueless...  The world controlled BTC and its bit brothers will be a serious consideration for those affected.

Its the dawn of a new beginning.... Very exciting to see the birth and realization of it.

TooCas.

Killer19

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 07:13:04 AM

People said ltc would never be worth more than .02$ a few months ago; all I'm gonna say for now.
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 07:23:09 AM

People said ltc would never be worth more than .02$ a few months ago; all I'm gonna say for now.

Excited for the day they hit $1.  I'm sitting on a little pile of LTC.

psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 07:39:19 AM

Its the dawn of a new beginning.... Very exciting to see the birth and realization of it.

TooCas.

Word. You involved in any online projects at the moment involving Bitcoin, Litecoin etc?
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 07:40:01 AM

I'm guessing around $0.00, maybe even into the negative.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: