Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRGGHH....forgot passphrase  (Read 609 times)
ACeZ (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:43:05 AM

Hey all!

I have been mining since June and at 57 BTCs. I went to make my first purchase two days ago with them and I need my passphrase to send them....ruh roh!

I have searched on here and have learned that unless you remember almost all of the passphrase, it's impossible to get.

What I've done

I have used this gentlemen's script to try guesses with it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.msg942171#msg942171

I have followed his instructions exactly, but after leaving it run for 16 hours, it stopped after about 40 guesses and just hung. I can't contact him via PM or that thread since I'm a lowly newbie.

I have also sat and tried numerous passes, keeping track of what I've tried as well. Went at it for about an hour and trying every now and then when something else comes to mind.

I am now reaching out to you, BitcoinTalk. I am 100% sure of most of the passphrase. The one thing I am not sure is if I capitalized the first letter...obviously a 50/50. I am also certain there are 6 characters, plus or minus two on the end and fairly certain of what they are.

I am willing to pay 5BTC to whoever can solve this.

Is this doable? I am not in a hurry and will wait days, weeks, or months to recover these. Let me hear ya!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:03:33 AM

. . . I can't contact him via PM . . . since I'm a lowly newbie.
You can now.  It only takes one post to be able to PM someone.

Is this doable? I am not in a hurry and will wait days, weeks, or months to recover these. Let me hear ya!
Given how much of the passphrase you claim to remember (assuming you are not mistaken about that), it definitely sounds doable to me.
Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:05:58 AM

. . . I can't contact him via PM . . . since I'm a lowly newbie.
You can now.  It only takes one post to be able to PM someone.

Given how much of the passphrase you claim to remember (assuming you are not mistaken about that), it definitely sounds doable to me.
I agree. Sounds like you will have to test all the 6+-2 characters at the end with both capital and non capital letters but it shouldn't be too difficult. Go ahead and send that guy a PM now.

Argus the revolution in making
ACeZ (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 09:14:37 PM

Thanks for the responses. I am talking to someone and waiting on a response from one guy that posted on that thread that he got someone elses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: