Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Well  what do you think of this Tixie project?
Love it! Will order! - 1 (25%)
Love it! Maybe! - 2 (50%)
Neutral! Meh! - 0 (0%)
Unsure! ===! - 1 (25%)
Nope! NO $$$ - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indiegogo : Tixie BTC Ticker/Clock/temp Bitcoin Ticker push and play @$69 bucks!  (Read 1242 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:27:26 PM

It is an Indiegogo Tixie...I tripped over this and got one of the 50 1st adopters for 69 bucks you get the unit ...see video..I like the 2 wallet add it up option display perk

anyway 1 btc symbol usb/t-shirt and the unit 69 bucks

does time/temp/btc and merges 2 wallets for display real time too i think it said

again look at the video

I'm just plugging this cause i paid for 1 of the 1st 50 above for $69 bucks

pass it around and take the poll if your ordered it or not

here's the link been up 2 days out of 30 I think Smiley

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tixie-the-money-clock/x/6474681#/

again i don't have zip to do with these folk just thought it was cheap for the price and pretty slick Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:06:01 AM

Interesting, how this clock connect to internet? It through LAN cable?
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:20:36 AM

Interesting, how this clock connect to internet? It through LAN cable?

video said wireless..i think it has a wallet .but i'd never use it with wireless.....

the feature i did not expect over and above the btc ticker/clock/temp usb charging ports? etc

was

the ability to scan TWO BTC wallets and thus display the total amount of BTC owned on those TWO wallets and the USD price (or your currency) also

In that I HOLD BTC and only have 2 BTC wallets (paper wallets in bank safety deposit box ...i figure safest and if bank gets hit by meteorite then ASIC miner gods hate me anyway) Smiley

That is frigging coolest thing Time/Temp and button push to check on the HOARD Smiley

and hell $69 bucks and $10 bucks shipping to USA ...a usb stick with btc logo and t-shirt for first 50? ...I MIGHT use the wallet feature for micro transactions but not a big fan of such with wireless...price of btc.....price of my 2 public  btc addresses not a big deal Smiley

anyway ..not a lot of folk have signed in 3 days only 20 ...so the campaign may amount to zip......the campaign says the devs keep the cash...but if no real action by the end
of 30 days ..i have 45 days to do a charge back via paypal and my amex cc so will have to consider such

anyway....a lot cheaper with shipping and dorking around then the btc ticker i was gonna build with the pi and an lcd sccreen......

anyway hope they pull off enough funds of VC money from elsewhere to get one Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 09:55:04 AM

This is exactly what I have been designing (For my own use), I like to keep an eye on the BTC price without having to use them crappy browser extensions or flicking between tabs every two minutes.

I was building up a basic one for my use, using an old Kindle screen but I like this I'll look a little deeper into it.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 10:09:45 AM

This is exactly what I have been designing (For my own use), I like to keep an eye on the BTC price without having to use them crappy browser extensions or flicking between tabs every two minutes.

I was building up a basic one for my use, using an old Kindle screen but I like this I'll look a little deeper into it.

well ...this campaign at the very least is starting awful slow imho.....so if it don't fly...the feature I'd like the most is the

2 wallet balance feature that you can flip (or show at same time) with $ and or total BTC's in such

So at WORST I'd like a Pi and a built in screen to show the following ..... a project as such using a small screen pi setup below (see pic)

(example)
         84.75             BTC Total                                   (BTC Total as an example)
      $355.21             BTC Price                                   (Future Price for an example)
  $30,104.05             BTC Hoard                                 (Ideally adding at least 2 public wallet addresses or more.... for the total etc)
     01/14/16             Date
     12:01 AM            Time

other stuff that could be added to above
          100.22         LTC Total
            $3.44         LTC Price
          $xxxxxx        LTC Hoard
        197.303          Days Till BTC Halves
         xxx.xxx          Days Till LTC Halves

stuff like this Smiley

but the 1st set of examples is what I'd like to see....... but....with the PI etc....... I'm sure building our own would cost more then the $69 bucks plus $10 bucks shipping for
this Tixie BTC Ticker imho Smiley But hopefully the above is along the lines you were (are) planning to build ...according to how this Tixie Ticker project pans out?

anyway again ..the Top List would make (imho) a very very decent PI project with the little LCD screen ...just hang the puppy up and mounted you can read on the fly Smiley

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 10:41:32 AM

Yeah, I will continue with my own project anyway as I know then how it is built and what it is made of (No dodgy code). I am more looking at a mobile way of keeping track of BTC prices and a few Altcoin prices (Because I have before missed some spikes), I did see a watch using the Kindle type screen but the price was extortionate.

So me building my Pi to perform this would only be for me to make sure the code is 100% then I would mod the hardware to work in a mobile way

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 10:04:31 AM

Looks like this hasn't picked up much traction, with only 10 days left and 94% of the goal reached.

It would be good to know that what would be done with the funds should the main goal not be reached, how will they move forward.

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 11:01:38 AM

Looks like this hasn't picked up much traction, with only 10 days left and 94% of the goal reached.

It would be good to know that what would be done with the funds should the main goal not be reached, how will they move forward.

i asked some questions on facebook page they have....they 'said' the money would just go back

my own view if they would have put this on 'kickstarter' instead .they may have had better luck Sad

if someone wants a project for coding a PI to do this....ie have the small built in screen show the following...pretty sure it would be a hit Smiley

BTC Price                 LTC Price
BTC Held                  LTC Held
BTC Hoard                LTC Hoard
BTC $$$$                 LTC $$$
Total All Crypto         BTC/LTC   $$$$
Total Difficulty
Time/Date

something like that ...prob too much for a small built in LCD screen on a PI but for either LTC or BTC above ..would be cool

me I don't program...just 'wool gathering" on what I'd like to have on a BTC or LTC Ticker with a PI and those small built in LCD's (wall mount is what I'm going for) Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: