Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 08:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy 1000 TRC with cash (escrow). What is 1000 Terracoins worth to you?  (Read 3432 times)
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 12:11:04 AM

I think we are holding out for ASIC and a free market. 1000 Terra coins takes a lot of time to mine with a reasonable rig. Reward is only 20 Coins per block. It's not like PPC where people could have MILLIONS of them and not mind selling for $1. Only people who have serious rigs and thus are foregoing a real profit mining Bitcoin have large numbers of Terracoins. Everyone else has only a few thousand. I make only about 200TRC a day- and in my mind it's definitely worth more then $1 a week. :-)

meh.. not necessarily.. difficulty is so low (930 currently) that 1 ghash = 435 TRC/day.

That said.. the holding out and see what kind of crap storm ASIC's create in the market is another story..

that and wondering if PPC/TRC becomes worth at least a little something (like > $0.01 each).. who wants to repeat the "5000 btc pizza"
Already been done here Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122570.0;all

in fact psybits ... he's actually hungry again and u pay for the pizza, he sends u TRC Smiley sounds like ur person to speak to

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
maxcarjuzaa

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 12:45:17 AM

I like every coin, but there is no value in terracoin. If terracoin can succed, then cryptocoins are dead, because every other guy in this forum, sooner or later, will start his own coin. Then, you have hiper inflation. If terracoin can live bitcoin can not.

I think there is only value in BTC because of its massive network and money allready sunk in ASIC, people wont turn off their ASIC so the net will survive for a long long tiem no matter what.

There is value on LTC because of the number of fans, and its hashpower, and because miners will switch to LTC when ASIC finally arrives.

There is value in namecoin becasue in a way allow for "free expresion" in the internet.

There is no value in a 51% protected coin, because if you can have one you can have 10000000 of forks. = Hyperinflation.

There is no value in other coin like bitcoin. Many "bitcoin-like" coins = inflation.

So if you buy or mine other cryptocoins you are basically destroying bitcoin then you are destroying every crypto currency. If bitcoin fails, the people will need a lot of time before they can trust and invest in another cryptocurrency, and the concept could be burried for decades. Think about it.

Just pick BTC, LTC, or NMC and have fun. Those who think they have lost the LTC or BTC train are wrong. Just do the math

BTC market cap is 140millons there are room for at least 10x actual price if bitcoin is adopted by few % of the commerce in internet.

In the case of LTC you could see 100x if LTC is finally accepted like BTC.

So we should be thinking how we can collaborate with cool products and services for the existings coins to make a better world and earn a descent amount of money making it.

Just the opinion of a guy on the internet, remember to have fun!

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 07:52:12 AM

I like every coin, but there is no value in terracoin. If terracoin can succed, then cryptocoins are dead, because every other guy in this forum, sooner or later, will start his own coin. Then, you have hiper inflation. If terracoin can live bitcoin can not.

I think there is only value in BTC because of its massive network and money allready sunk in ASIC, people wont turn off their ASIC so the net will survive for a long long tiem no matter what.

There is value on LTC because of the number of fans, and its hashpower, and because miners will switch to LTC when ASIC finally arrives.

There is value in namecoin becasue in a way allow for "free expresion" in the internet.

There is no value in a 51% protected coin, because if you can have one you can have 10000000 of forks. = Hyperinflation.

There is no value in other coin like bitcoin. Many "bitcoin-like" coins = inflation.

So if you buy or mine other cryptocoins you are basically destroying bitcoin then you are destroying every crypto currency. If bitcoin fails, the people will need a lot of time before they can trust and invest in another cryptocurrency, and the concept could be burried for decades. Think about it.

Just pick BTC, LTC, or NMC and have fun. Those who think they have lost the LTC or BTC train are wrong. Just do the math

BTC market cap is 140millons there are room for at least 10x actual price if bitcoin is adopted by few % of the commerce in internet.

In the case of LTC you could see 100x if LTC is finally accepted like BTC.

So we should be thinking how we can collaborate with cool products and services for the existings coins to make a better world and earn a descent amount of money making it.

Just the opinion of a guy on the internet, remember to have fun!

Maybe, but that a little like saying "if every country can have it's own currency besides gold, then there is no point to any currency". The world is a big place, as is the internet. There is plenty of room for plenty of things.

more or less retired.
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 03:34:29 AM

I have 900, I'll sell them to you for 3 btc.

BTW nethead offered me .3btc when I offered him the above, he claims to have done multiple transactions with members here of .4btc/1000trc I don't see any of these transactions, but if true you won't have been the first.  Wink

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 03:42:48 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2012, 03:52:54 AM by nethead

BTW nethead offered me .3btc when I offered him the above, he claims to have done multiple transactions with member here of .4btc/1000trc I don't see any of these transactions, but if true you won't have been the first.  Wink

A simple correction, and yes its true. Hope the seller sees this and posts here Smiley
EDIT: Member is "Nolo", feel free to ask him about our successful transactions
Also underminer, please see the 2nd post of this page. TRC are still value-less and maybe forever be (I hope not  Tongue)
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 08:38:35 AM

Seems a bit steep.

I have 1000TRC which I'd be willing to sell for 2BTC. PM me if you're interested.

psybits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 03:22:37 PM

Merry Christmas guys! If any one is feeling the Christmas spirit feel free to shoot some TRC my way (I want to set up some giveaway sites with a twist (the more people who have TRC the higher their value could be as they will want to exchange them for other things) and also a few other projects which I need some TRC to get started Smiley

TRC 1HAMgVei1dKe9vPmnUWS8hjkeRCspbe98Y

Also please PM with any reasonable offer to sell me some TRC if you like!

Peace and goodwill to all
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 03:28:36 PM

Merry Christmas guys! If any one is feeling the Christmas spirit feel free to shoot some TRC my way (I want to set up some giveaway sites with a twist (the more people who have TRC the higher their value could be as they will want to exchange them for other things) and also a few other projects which I need some TRC to get started Smiley

Damn i was thinking i was the only one thinking to build a TRC faucet
Good vibes sent to you! Well maybe and some trc when i get home
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 01:59:21 AM

1 Bitcoin.

Deal?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:20:52 AM

smoothie , this is the joke of the day.
+1.01 internets to you Cheesy

+1.02  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:51:38 AM

I'll sell 1777 TRC for 20 AUD mailed to me in the USA.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 02:58:39 AM

Damn i was thinking i was the only one thinking to build a TRC faucet
Good vibes sent to you! Well maybe and some trc when i get home

Thanks for the good vibes Smiley A faucet or something similar with TRC would be awesome I think.. I have a few original ideas (not just a basuc faucet)  Grin
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 05:34:57 AM

Sent you a late christmas present Smiley

psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 05:38:59 AM

Hey thanks so much I really appreciate it!

Grin

Long live Terracoins! (The cryptocurrency with the best name - hands down Smiley
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 05:42:49 AM

Hey thanks so much I really appreciate it!

Grin

Long live Terracoins! (The cryptocurrency with the best name - hands down Smiley

No problem at all Smiley

Phraust

Activity: 206

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 05:54:12 AM

There you go, good luck. Wink
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 06:09:10 AM

There you go, good luck. Wink

Hey Phraust

Thanks so much - you will be remembered!

Feel free to send me a PM if you want a hand with anything web design related etc  Grin
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 09:05:25 PM

Combination of average 2 minute per block, 30 blocks per difficulty adjust and merchant tools like this one will sooner or later
make Terracoin stand-out from the rest of the coins. Just because difficulty dropped from few thousands to few hundreds now
does not mean anything important - the most miners with lotta hashrate went out of mining, that's it. As with all coins by now,
there were initial launch, initial hype and initial drop phases. Except those initial phases, nothing is over yet. If you ask me, given
how many other coins are out there, Terracoin is perfectly fine right now.

Unless you can not connect to any other node or pool, as it is the situation with Solidcoin, do not label Terracoin as dead coin.

Agreed! I've got some cool TRC projects coming up. A major upgrade to www.terrawallet.com.  Low difficulty means more coins! And unlike FRC, your TRC you mine now will still all be there two years from now. :-)

more or less retired.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 12:05:28 AM

Agreed! I've got some cool TRC projects coming up. A major upgrade to www.terrawallet.com.  Low difficulty means more coins! And unlike FRC, your TRC you mine now will still all be there two years from now. :-)

OK, just jumped on the FRC bandwagon, and trying to figure it out.  I'm struggling to understand this whole concept.  Say I have 10,000 FRC today.  They will eventually disappear? At what rate? 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 12:06:53 AM

4% per year from my understanding.

But that 4% is distributed to miners, so keep mining and you will be alright.

I guess?  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: