Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to present BTC to Newbies ?  (Read 6062 times)
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:20:05 PM

I would let them google Bitcoin and let them learn that way, it's the easiest approach.  Grin

Nah, i think it's the worst way to introduce bitcoin to newbies. google will take a bit time to understand what is bitcoin and etc. i think the best way is just talk head to head about bitcoin.
Yes you are right information in google is not 100% accurate because not all the information on Google considers that bitcoin is good. Better straight talk face to face because in addition to easy also beginners can directly ask him what he does not understand bitcoin
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:23:13 PM

I would let them google Bitcoin and let them learn that way, it's the easiest approach.  Grin

Nah, i think it's the worst way to introduce bitcoin to newbies. google will take a bit time to understand what is bitcoin and etc. i think the best way is just talk head to head about bitcoin.
Yes you are right information in google is not 100% accurate because not all the information on Google considers that bitcoin is good. Better straight talk face to face because in addition to easy also beginners can directly ask him what he does not understand bitcoin

Yeah when it comes to bitcoins it is very technical and google cannot take care of it for sure, we need to explain them practically then only they would understand the concept of bitcoins and that is the only right thing to do with the newbies or else they won't entertain bitcoins, as they would find it really difficult at the initial stage, so its better we teach them step by step.
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:04:28 AM

Yeah when it comes to bitcoins it is very technical and google cannot take care of it for sure, we need to explain them practically then only they would understand the concept of bitcoins and that is the only right thing to do with the newbies or else they won't entertain bitcoins, as they would find it really difficult at the initial stage, so its better we teach them step by step.
Yes you are completely ineffective if know bitcoin through google for information on the Internet is uncertain. if you want to know bitcoin should be face to face / taught directly. And I think everything on this forum know bitcoin from each as my friend, too
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:50:32 AM

Tell them it´s a digital currency.
Some people will be quite confused if tell them like that, showing them how to use bitcoin they will much like it..
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:23:55 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 03:34:55 PM by HarryKPeters

For newbies to understand bitmain try to explain the concept. Miners generating the coins (inflation which is normal for a currency).
The moment they understand bitcoins are not generated on the fly but cost money, they will understand it's not free money like some people say.

From there the step to accuring bitcoins will be more easy.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:39:41 AM

Some people will be quite confused if tell them like that, showing them how to use bitcoin they will much like it..
Preseting bitcoin as technology first than only as currency could be good option to try.

lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:48:14 PM

Take the btc paper, and give to read. Some times could be the best answer to all doubts.

"If you don't understand how it works doesn't mean it doesn't work!"

Something like this, but stop joking
Make a brief summary of what you think btc could improve...
like "privacy", "banking system" and so on... I think every one of us noted a peculiarity on btc itself and know what can make the difference, and could help the "common user
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:39:21 AM

Preseting bitcoin as technology first than only as currency could be good option to try.
That could be good option to try, telling people somehow is kinda hard thing .
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:07:17 AM

For newbies to understand bitmain try to explain the concept. Miners generating the coins (inflation which is normal for a currency).
The moment they understand bitcoins are not generated on the fly but cost money, they will understand it's not free money like some people say.

From there the step to accuring bitcoins will be more easy.
How can bitcoin need money? I think bitcoin does not require money, we just berkumentar for the signature campaign, finesse to sell services to be able to get bitcoin.
Then you need the money according to what? I have not understood
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:22:42 AM

But sometimes newbie need  ask to someone senior by face to face . If only read from Google, i think it is not enough

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:56:59 AM

There are many things about bitcoin..
So start with explaining btc as a online worldwide transaction method to normal people and a source of trading to a marketers or traders..
And then they will personally take interest and they will explore it themselves by own work or slowly teach them about trading , mining, hash , blocks, gambling, etc etc..
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:51:16 AM

You're right, because day-to-day fiat functions very well.  People get paid in fiat and pay rent in fiat and everything else.  Why would I suggest that someone exchange their relatively stable currency for a digital one whose volatility can be breathtaking and whose legal status is subject to the whims of government?  And a currency that offers none of the protections that banks offer?

These are the questions I can't seem to answer myself.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:00:14 AM

You're right, because day-to-day fiat functions very well.  People get paid in fiat and pay rent in fiat and everything else.  Why would I suggest that someone exchange their relatively stable currency for a digital one whose volatility can be breathtaking and whose legal status is subject to the whims of government?  And a currency that offers none of the protections that banks offer?

These are the questions I can't seem to answer myself.

Even after also, people love to convert their fiats into bitcoin just for the faith they have on bitcoin ecosystem. The mentioned problems like volatility, regulation law are will fade away in time. I too believe bitcoin will function well and will outperform fiats for sure.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:06:49 AM

Exactly, giving them more detail would help out a lot

How it works is a better option to explain this to them.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:25:41 AM

Start by giving them free coins maybe around 10$, tell them to buy something online and they'd be interested.  Money is a great motivation, it can do miracles and so introduce them to online wallet first, maybe blockchain.  I just hope what you get in return will be much valuable, you can come up with something.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:32:04 AM

Start by giving them free coins maybe around 10$, tell them to buy something online and they'd be interested.  Money is a great motivation, it can do miracles and so introduce them to online wallet first, maybe blockchain.  I just hope what you get in return will be much valuable, you can come up with something.

That is great to give them 10 dollars I think they should try to trade with that so they can see how much you can earn. Also is very nice if you let them know about faucets is just nice to do in your free time.
Don't forget for altcoins this just a good resource to know more about bitcoin.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:40:18 AM

That's not too bad of an idea

It will give them some sense of how it works when they buy something online

I think it will also be a good idea to explain on how they can earn more bitcoins

madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:38:30 AM

How to better explain bitcoin to people ?
Please give me some directions

Best Regards

talk about btc than send to him some satoshi, most likely they'll love, just for the fact of keeping money in mobile, and whitout a bank
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:16:48 AM

How to better explain bitcoin to people ?
Please give me some directions

Best Regards

talk about btc than send to him some satoshi, most likely they'll love, just for the fact of keeping money in mobile, and whitout a bank

Some people find it difficult to understand how btc works
It's not something they can see or physically hold
That's what most people have gotten used to over these years.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:30:14 AM

tell them about the basic things of bitcoin and give them a little bitcoin, so that they begin to practice

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: