Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to present BTC to Newbies ?  (Read 6062 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:56:21 AM

When there is a demand, there would be a will.
When many online shopping giants starts accepting bitcoin, bitcoin will reach to mass. So, we need to take steps to make online shopping websites to adopt bitcoin payments. This will present bitcoin to many new people.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 11:20:53 AM

Just tell/show them how bitcoin works.
Best way would be to show how to recieve payments/send payments.

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:34:35 AM

Try to show amaze them first... buy a cellphone load then tell them what you've used to pay... if they ask how you did that, explain how you got the bitcoin, tell something about the faucets, and that they are now left behind as they don't know bitcoin... Smiley
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:02:26 PM

You could tell them to read or play a game about bitcoin, that should make them entertained.

Or you could show them what you earn from bitcoin, then they maybe will join up.
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:03:08 AM

Try to show amaze them first... buy a cellphone load then tell them what you've used to pay... if they ask how you did that, explain how you got the bitcoin, tell something about the faucets, and that they are now left behind as they don't know bitcoin... Smiley
It was a really nice way Cheesy Surely they will be curious and want to try to earn money with bitcoin. Due to the fact that most people play bitcoin want to earn money.
I was also so  Grin
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:20:31 AM

lol, if you ever buy a cell phone through Bitcoin faucets, I feel bad for you because you've probably wasted a year of your life with something you could've afforded easily with a job. Bitcoin isn't magic free money... It's amazing how many times you have to explain this to people, and I explain that when I'm talking about Bitcoin with people who don't know how it works.

Honestly there are a lot of people who are concerned about me paying for my bitcoins, because it's nothing that you can have that's tangible... When in all reality, it's no more tangible than the money they have in their checking accounts and they can monitor them on their bank statements.

Bitcoin 420

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:21:13 AM

i think you should explain it in your own words Wink
sandal

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:10:17 AM

A puzzle that is permanent and builds upon itself.

I'm not much of a poet though.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:26:30 AM

lol, if you ever buy a cell phone through Bitcoin faucets, I feel bad for you because you've probably wasted a year of your life with something you could've afforded easily with a job. Bitcoin isn't magic free money... It's amazing how many times you have to explain this to people, and I explain that when I'm talking about Bitcoin with people who don't know how it works.

Honestly there are a lot of people who are concerned about me paying for my bitcoins, because it's nothing that you can have that's tangible... When in all reality, it's no more tangible than the money they have in their checking accounts and they can monitor them on their bank statements.

Lol yeah bad explanation could make people get misleading, they could judge bitcoin bad if you tell and show faucet in their first impression . why? It looks bitcoiner = beggars that collecting a cents and absolutely wasted the time.
Try to make them impressed by other way , like tell them bitcoin is best thing to trade than fiat trade forex , bitcoin market opened 7 days a week .
Bitcoin is the best option to invest your money in long or short term because of it's fluctuations etc or something good that make bitcoin image awesome.
thirdchance57

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:40:17 AM

When there is a demand, there would be a will.
When many online shopping giants starts accepting bitcoin, bitcoin will reach to mass. So, we need to take steps to make online shopping websites to adopt bitcoin payments. This will present bitcoin to many new people.

The key is that ween need to increase the demand.  There are a number of people who would love to get involved with something like this, but they know nothing about what it is.  We need to eduicate so that we can help push for a stronger demand.  Sitting here exchanging Bitcoin for Bitcoin in our group is not getting it out there any further.

Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 04:16:39 AM

Lol yeah bad explanation could make people get misleading, they could judge bitcoin bad if you tell and show faucet in their first impression . why? It looks bitcoiner = beggars that collecting a cents and absolutely wasted the time.
Try to make them impressed by other way , like tell them bitcoin is best thing to trade than fiat trade forex , bitcoin market opened 7 days a week .
Bitcoin is the best option to invest your money in long or short term because of it's fluctuations etc or something good that make bitcoin image awesome.
Basically people will be happy with anything because he was interested and wanted to try.
Make him interested in trying bitcoin first if it has been interested for sure they will want to try
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 04:40:22 AM

Everyone is different, some people like technical stuff, others would rather have things explained to them in plain simple English (or other languages  Tongue ). But I think the most important thing is for you to be genuinely interested in Bitcoin first. If you are then I think finding the best way to explain it to others should come naturally. If you yourself have never cared enough to really learn about it then explaining it to others is going to be impossible.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:48:37 AM

nope, just a correction, not a cellphone... hahaha... it was a cellphone load. a mobile load which only costs lower than 1$ in my country....  Smiley

Anyway, thank you,  Smiley good vibes..
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:51:42 AM

Everyone is different, some people like technical stuff, others would rather have things explained to them in plain simple English (or other languages  Tongue ). But I think the most important thing is for you to be genuinely interested in Bitcoin first. If you are then I think finding the best way to explain it to others should come naturally. If you yourself have never cared enough to really learn about it then explaining it to others is going to be impossible.

That's some good advice. Everyone is indeed different and not everyone will understand the technical stuff around bitcoin. It's best to keep it as simple as you can.

If they show that they are interested, they will come back to you and ask you questions as well.

As long as they are interested, you should be okay. If they are not, then it gets harder to explain, don't push it too much though.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:52:03 AM

If those newbies is all the time at home tell them to do Faucets with just doing some of it he or she can earn 50 cent with just clicking. Also tell them with just doing some online job and bitcointalk with signature campaign that you can win a quite a lot of money with it.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BtcoinSpider

Activity: 83
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:10:54 AM

⚐My name is Joshua, i'm  new person in this forum. So, i'm here to learn, share and trade with you.

Hope i'm welcome here?

Thanks
JJ
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:15:40 PM

⚐My name is Joshua, i'm  new person in this forum. So, i'm here to learn, share and trade with you.

Hope i'm welcome here?

Thanks
JJ

Hello there brother... welcome to the forum... I hope you could spend a  little time reading at the beginners & Help section to familiarize with everything around here... you are at the right place  if you want to learn about bitcoin and others. here is the link to the Beginners & Help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0 enjoy reading and goodluck...  Smiley
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:25:18 PM

I think the best way to learn them is to explain your process. Meaning how you learned about bitcoin.
For me it was by a giveaway where I participated. Then i started googling it.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:31:24 PM

I would let them google Bitcoin and let them learn that way, it's the easiest approach.  Grin

adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:35:15 PM

I would let them google Bitcoin and let them learn that way, it's the easiest approach.  Grin

Nah, i think it's the worst way to introduce bitcoin to newbies. google will take a bit time to understand what is bitcoin and etc. i think the best way is just talk head to head about bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: