Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maidsafe is it vapourware?  (Read 1243 times)
J1mb0 (OP)

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:54:40 PM

Maidsafe/Safecoin, after the initial hype doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.

Coins that have had a lot less hype and initial funding seem to see far more active development. Cryptonotes etc.
Rich coins that have been pummelled and scorned are also seeing innovative development - NXT etc

Since years they have had on the website (regarding farmers etc);

Coming soon...

The network is in the advanced stage of testing, but not quite ready for prime time.

Genuine question - is this safecoin/maidsafe just a bad joke hype and vapourware in the esteemed tradition of NextGen Amiga?

Even if it is not vapourware - haven't we all moved on from this idea of distributed computation unit? 

Still we see good market cap and less than dormant daily market volumes - bag holders swapping out or more hype for the clueless.

Apologies if the above is way out of line with reality but, somehow, I don't think so.  Embarrassed

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:29:09 PM

Yes, imo Maidsafe is a lot of hype over nothing.  How long has it supposedly been in development? 8 yrs or something ridiculous, right?  Regardless, nobody needs Maidsafe when there is I2P which is FREE.

If you want something that exposes you to a crypto transformative technology which will have widespread appeal then I'd recommend you take a look at the Synereo social network and AMPs which power the "attention economy".

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:05:15 AM

https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/maidsafe-dev-update-22nd-december-2015/6446

http://maidsafe.net/roadmap

To be implemented

... yes, a bit of concern there as they have a large inhouse team , I haven't seen any details about PoR yet(Read that is the last focus... which IMHO should be one of the first thing developed and tested as it is foundational to the project) ... It may be premature to assume bad faith and could very well be an issue of being over-ambitious with the goals and IPO's aren't good methods of incentivizing accountability. Would be intresting to see how much of that 6 million is left after a year ... ~16 people can certainly eat that up quick.
J1mb0 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:01:09 PM

Would be intresting to see how much of that 6 million is left after a year ... ~16 people can certainly eat that up quick.

Not as quickly as 1 bankster!  Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 03:34:39 PM

Yes, imo Maidsafe is a lot of hype over nothing.  How long has it supposedly been in development? 8 yrs or something ridiculous, right?  Regardless, nobody needs Maidsafe when there is I2P which is FREE.

If you want something that exposes you to a crypto transformative technology which will have widespread appeal then I'd recommend you take a look at the Synereo social network and AMPs which power the "attention economy".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995987

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/synereo/

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:03:46 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 06:17:21 PM by r0ach

If you want something that exposes you to a crypto transformative technology which will have widespread appeal then I'd recommend you take a look at the Synereo social network

Great, another information gatekeeper media network straight out of Tel Aviv from the "Israeli Air Force computer unit" LOL.  People need to start boycotting these ethnocentric, racial supremacist cult, Zionist mafias that are constantly forming monopolies in media, banking, and politics using ethnic nepotism.  If they're not attempting to financially enslave you, they're attempting to brainwash society with a constant stream of far leftist Marxism.  Either that or trying to manipulate your politicians to force you to fight their wars and die in the middle east somewhere while they play tennis.

Just say no.  Short it to 0.

Look at the imagery they use.  Looks like it was cooked up in some Tel Aviv board meeting where they said, "Hey guys, the female goy are not quite vapid and mindless enough with their 70 IQ and huge sense of entitlement yet.  How can we socially engineer them to make them even more repulsive?  I know, let's design an "attention economy" and tell them they're all princesses and deserve to be worshipped on our social media platform, catering to their primitive instincts of asinine vanity.  Ovey!"

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 06:09:13 PM

ur a zionist mafia

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:43:26 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 10:54:47 PM by DecentralizeEconomics

If you want something that exposes you to a crypto transformative technology which will have widespread appeal then I'd recommend you take a look at the Synereo social network

Great, another information gatekeeper media network straight out of Tel Aviv from the "Israeli Air Force computer unit" LOL.  People need to start boycotting these ethnocentric, racial supremacist cult, Zionist mafias that are constantly forming monopolies in media, banking, and politics using ethnic nepotism.  If they're not attempting to financially enslave you, they're attempting to brainwash society with a constant stream of far leftist Marxism.  Either that or trying to manipulate your politicians to force you to fight their wars and die in the middle east somewhere while they play tennis.

Look at the imagery they use.  Looks like it was cooked up in some Tel Aviv board meeting where they said, "Hey guys, the female goy are not quite vapid and mindless enough with their 70 IQ and huge sense of entitlement yet.  How can we socially engineer them to make them even more repulsive?  I know, let's design an "attention economy" and tell them they're all princesses and deserve to be worshipped on our social media platform, catering to their primitive instincts of asinine vanity.  Ovey!"

You calling somebody else a "Marxist" is pretty rich seeing that you're the numero uno supporter of the lying, cheating, stealing, wealth redistributing Larimer Gang and their Chicom associates.  How exactly is creating a decentralized social network which will allow unparalleled free speech and will unburden you from corporate / gov spying a "Zionist Left-wing Marxist" conspiracy?  Serious question.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:04:02 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 11:28:14 PM by CoinHoarder

Look at the imagery they use.  Looks like it was cooked up in some Tel Aviv board meeting where they said, "Hey guys, the female goy are not quite vapid and mindless enough with their 70 IQ and huge sense of entitlement yet.  How can we socially engineer them to make them even more repulsive?  I know, let's design an "attention economy" and tell them they're all princesses and deserve to be worshipped on our social media platform, catering to their primitive instincts of asinine vanity.  Ovey!"

You calling somebody else a "Marxist" is pretty rich seeing that you're the numero uno supporter of the lying, cheating, stealing, wealth redistributing Larimer Gang and their Chicom associates.  How exactly is creating a decentralized social network which will allow unparalleled free speech and will unburden you from corporate / gov spying a "Zionist Left-wing Marxist" conspiracy?  Serious question.

I thought I was the number one Bitshares cheerleader on here...   Cry

Hardly any of the Bitshares community posts here, so I always feel inclined to defend or promote it on here. We have our own very active forums that are (somewhat) safe from trolls. It is such a great project that I am happy to defend it from jealous souls such as yourself. I think somewhere deep down you realize it is Nxt's closest competitor and resent not investing in it early. You certainly love smearing the name any chance you get.. I posit you've spent hours days writing posts against it and making anti-Bitshares memes. I feel the same way about Nxt, but at least I can admit it. Take a lesson from my playbook and just buy a share of your competitor.. life is much easier that way... I felt better after buying some Nxt after being a long time Bitshares supporter. You are such a hypocrite anyways because everyone knows how poorly Nxt was initially distributed. I guess since you were one of the lucky few you can look past that, huh?

I like Maidsafe and think it will be valuable if it ever comes to fruition. There are other decentralized data storage projects, but the way I understand it with Maidsafe you will be able to share different resources as well (such as your CPU). I think StorjcoinX/Maidsafe/Siacoin are the industry leaders in this space and can see either of the three being very successful in the future (in other words I am investing in all three coins in equal proportions for the decentralized data storage/resource sharing/internet/"full stack" part of my portfolio goes.)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:00:45 AM

I think somewhere deep down you realize it is Nxt's closest competitor and resent not investing in it early.

Wrong genius.  I was mining PTS on day one and managed to accumulate a significant amount of PTS.  Go check your forum for a member called "2Kool4Skewl" and you'll see me there unless they deleted all my posts.  I wasn't critical of the Larimer Gang in the beginning, but I quickly caught on to their tactics.  You'll find that the biggest criticizers of Bitshares are usually the people who were there from the beginning.

You are such a hypocrite anyways because everyone knows how poorly Nxt was initially distributed. I guess since you were one of the lucky few you can look past that, huh?

You're an international communist too huh?

Regardless of how many NXT I own, I can't rig the block producers by a fraudulent voting mechanism created to obscure the secret establishment of a block producing monopoly like you can in Bitshares.  If I want a greater share of the blocks, I have to go out and purchase more NXT.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:32:38 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 01:04:58 AM by CoinHoarder

I think somewhere deep down you realize it is Nxt's closest competitor and resent not investing in it early.

Wrong genius.  I was mining PTS on day one and managed to accumulate a significant amount of PTS.  Go check your forum for a member called "2Kool4Skewl" and you'll see me there unless they deleted all my posts.  I wasn't critical of the Larimer Gang in the beginning, but I quickly caught on to their tactics.  You'll find that the biggest criticizers of Bitshares are usually the people who were there from the beginning.
Hm, very well then. I just find your obsession odd and figure there has to be a reason for it... you are to Bitshares what Spoetnik is to alt coins...

You are such a hypocrite anyways because everyone knows how poorly Nxt was initially distributed. I guess since you were one of the lucky few you can look past that, huh?

Regardless of how many NXT I own, I can't rig the block producers by a fraudulent voting mechanism created to obscure the secret establishment of a block producing monopoly like you can in Bitshares.  If I want a greater share of the blocks, I have to go out and purchase more NXT.
It is not the Larimers' fault that no one votes. They couldn't of predicted 85% of stakeholders would suffer from voter apathy, so much so that they can't even select a proxy to vote for them. Without the Larimers' Bitshares would be nothing, so I am happy to have them in "control" of the chain. Daniel dreams big, thinks outside the box, and delivers as far as coding. If they did anything too terrible it would probably wake the rest of the stakeholders up and get them voting any ways.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:56:50 AM

Wrong genius.  I was mining PTS on day one and managed to accumulate a significant amount of PTS.  Go check your forum for a member called "2Kool4Skewl" and you'll see me there unless they deleted all my posts.  I wasn't critical of the Larimer Gang in the beginning, but I quickly caught on to their tactics.  You'll find that the biggest criticizers of Bitshares are usually the people who were there from the beginning.
Hm, very well then. I just find your obsession odd and figure there has to be a reason for it... you are to Bitshares what Spoetnik is to alt coins...

I guess it has to do with the fact that I actually remember when BTS was going to be PoW and only after NXT came out with its PoS algo did they change BTS to PoS.  That though didn't bother me so much because imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but the fact that they took PoS and turned it into their centrally controlled DPoS sham, I found upsetting.  Not to mention the countless other things that they've done like endorsing seizing money out of people's accounts, changing the terms on investors so many times nobody can keep count, trying to sell their testnet, etc....  I'd be here all night if I listed everything.

Regardless of how many NXT I own, I can't rig the block producers by a fraudulent voting mechanism created to obscure the secret establishment of a block producing monopoly like you can in Bitshares.  If I want a greater share of the blocks, I have to go out and purchase more NXT.
It is not the Larimers' fault that no one votes. They couldn't of predicted 85% of stakeholders would suffer from voter apathy, so much so that they can't even select a proxy to vote for them. Without the Larimers' Bitshares would be nothing, so I am happy to have them in "control" of the chain. Daniel dreams big, thinks outside the box, and delivers as far as coding. If they did anything too terrible it would probably wake the rest of the stakeholders up and get them voting any ways.

You are complete missing my point.  DPoS's flaw has nothing to do with only having a small subset of the base actually cast votes in the election.  The flaw (intentionally introduced imo) has to do with the fact that they use approval voting where you can cast a vote for as many or as few candidates as you like.  This electoral sham allows a very small minority of the voting base to effectively control the outcome of the election via strategic voting.  This is magnified by the fact that there is no Sybil protection for "delegates" aka "witnesses".

J1mb0 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:52:13 AM

I like Maidsafe and think it will be valuable if it ever comes to fruition.

Yes, but the OT was not about liking Maidsafe - it is attempting to determine if it has reached the point where it is futile to expect it to materialise as was advertised.

And if so - why the market cap for what is then just another shitcoin with no active development.

Another project I consider vapour zerocoin, at least never released a shitcoin - 'in the meantime'. The situation with Maidsafe reminded me of the multiple Amiga NextGen vapourware pre-order scams that never materialised.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:10:43 PM

I don't know what is Maidsafe about but recently the price of the coin is slowly creeping up. Something is brewing in this coin and it could explode upwards soon.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
J1mb0 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:16:08 PM

I don't know what is Maidsafe about but recently the price of the coin is slowly creeping up. Something is brewing in this coin and it could explode upwards soon.

Nothing has brewed. The price has been on a downward trajectory for a year. Hence this thread.  Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:34:02 AM

I like Maidsafe and think it will be valuable if it ever comes to fruition.

Yes, but the OT was not about liking Maidsafe - it is attempting to determine if it has reached the point where it is futile to expect it to materialise as was advertised.

And if so - why the market cap for what is then just another shitcoin with no active development.

Another project I consider vapour zerocoin, at least never released a shitcoin - 'in the meantime'. The situation with Maidsafe reminded me of the multiple Amiga NextGen vapourware pre-order scams that never materialised.

I would be lying if I said it wasn't a risky play, but I have put my money where my mouth is and I think Maidsafe will eventually deliver.

I also invested in SJCX and SIA though to mitigate the risk, as both of those coins are developing similar projects and/or going after similar markets.

Lately, I have been on a bit of a diversification kick.. the only coin in which I hold more than 6% of my portfolio in is Bitcoin (which sits at approximately 50% of my portfolio.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: