Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block reward halving and BC price  (Read 5537 times)
Matias (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:37:23 AM

Currently new BC are created worth of 1.4 million dollars every day. If we assume that the current need for BC is worth of 1.4 million dollars a day and BC supply halves, shouldn't that mean, that price should double? Or has that allready been baked in the current price?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:40:50 AM

Currently new BC are created worth of 1.4 million dollars every day. If we assume that the current need for BC is worth of 1.4 million dollars a day and BC supply halves, shouldn't that mean, that price should double? Or has that allready been baked in the current price?

It should rise logically yes but it won't double because the daily mined coins are going to get halved from 25 BTC to 12.5 BTC and not every coin that exists on the world will get halved . only the new mined ones

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Matias (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:49:10 AM

It should rise logically yes but it won't double because the daily mined coins are going to get halved from 25 BTC to 12.5 BTC and not every coin that exists on the world will get halved . only the new mined ones

Yes I understand that  Grin

My reasoning is that there atm is influx worth of 1.4 million dollars  a day from fiat to bc and that influx doesn't care about block reward. But you are right, it won't double, because existing bitcoin owners have incentive to sell their coins because price is higher.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:53:19 AM

Ad the topic is talking about the halving, does anyone know when the halving will happen?

Matias (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:04:39 AM

Ad the topic is talking about the halving, does anyone know when the halving will happen?

Block reward halving, not BC halving. Approximately 2016-07-18.
flagpara

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:12:48 AM

Block reward halving, not BC halving. Approximately 2016-07-18.

Thanks for the answer.
Well we have time, beginning of the year is always hard for btc price to with a bit of luck we should be able to stock a few coins at low price before the halving  Tongue

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:15:03 AM

due to diff increase, it will end up eventually in the +50% more range, so a 600-700 range is more correct than simply saying it will double

it will increase for sure, it is almost certain, it can not decrease because otherwise, always due to the diff miners will have no real profit
flagpara

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:20:54 AM

due to diff increase, it will end up eventually in the +50% more range, so a 600-700 range is more correct than simply saying it will double

it will increase for sure, it is almost certain, it can not decrease because otherwise, always due to the diff miners will have no real profit

Well, I'm not saying you're wrong in any way, but saying "it can not decrease because otherwise, always due to the diff miners will have no real profit" is not a real argument, after all miners could stop making profit. That would just mean a fee increase or the end of btc  Grin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:29:44 AM

Well, I'm not saying you're wrong in any way, but saying "it can not decrease because otherwise, always due to the diff miners will have no real profit" is not a real argument, after all miners could stop making profit. That would just mean a fee increase or the end of btc  Grin

then sell your bitcoin because you're basically advocating for the died scenario of bitcoin,  there is no way that miners will leave all their peta for nothing, there is no bitcoin died scene for now

price must increase otherwise the diff will decrease, but seeing how all big farms run at 0.05 cent of electricity and have all roied on their previous equipments, who the hell will leave? none

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 11:53:25 AM

I never really thought about it before but right enough, price shouldn't be expected to double because only mined coins are halfing although im still curious as to how it will affect price if at all. I suppose if we are looking at roughly 6 months till the halfing then 600-700 would be reasonable though i only expect around $500 even that might be a push, to me $500 stable with no danger of going down would not be too bad, probably disappointing for others though.

flagpara

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:09:10 PM

Well it should still double in fact, but on a VERY long trend, when new coins become more numerous than old one  Grin

As the halving will also mean less btc produced, it seems fair to say it will rise suddenly then keep going up and up. The halving will support the current up trend of btc

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 01:17:00 PM

Well it should still double in fact, but on a VERY long trend, when new coins become more numerous than old one  Grin

As the halving will also mean less btc produced, it seems fair to say it will rise suddenly then keep going up and up. The halving will support the current up trend of btc

Indeed. this would only be true though if there was going to be more new coins than old but due to the fact that 15 million out of 21 have already been mined we will never have more new ones than old. So really any price increase is just pure speculation. Just perhaps people holding onto old ones.

flagpara

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:47:55 PM

Well it should still double in fact, but on a VERY long trend, when new coins become more numerous than old one  Grin

Indeed. this would only be true though if there was going to be more new coins than old but due to the fact that 15 million out of 21 have already been mined we will never have more new ones than old. So really any price increase is just pure speculation. Just perhaps people holding onto old ones.

Whaou, I didn't know it was 15/21...
That means that the price can skyrocket or totally dump with the only fact that early adopter have millions of coins..

i was not aware of that incredible number. It means btc is really an unreliable coin...

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 01:59:15 PM

That means that the price can skyrocket or totally dump with the only fact that early adopter have millions of coins..

i was not aware of that incredible number. It means btc is really an unreliable coin...

not really, i mean we are many many years away from before all coins are mined and bitcoin price is at what it is now regardless of early adopters. there is not realy anybody out there with millions of coins except maybe satoshi which is a non issue at the moment. The longer bitcoin is around the more spread out these millions of coins are getting.

flagpara

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:17:37 PM

not really, i mean we are many many years away from before all coins are mined and bitcoin price is at what it is now regardless of early adopters. there is not realy anybody out there with millions of coins except maybe satoshi which is a non issue at the moment. The longer bitcoin is around the more spread out these millions of coins are getting.

Is there a way to check this? I bet it would feel safer if we knew exactly which proportion the 1% owes. Cause if they start spreading this it can dump everything hard!

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 02:28:05 PM

Is there a way to check this? I bet it would feel safer if we knew exactly which proportion the 1% owes. Cause if they start spreading this it can dump everything hard!

yeah well there is a btc rich list here EmbarrassedQuote

But theres no way of really knowing how much one person has since they can have it split across multiple addresses.

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 02:35:32 PM

True but it still gives a good idea lets be honest, no reason for one insanely rich personn to split it between thousands of addresses no?  Smiley

As far as im aware theres nothing to stop that, but im sure that some people do keep an eye on these addresses and the transactions they make so its maybe easier for other people to work out how much some people hold. but theres nothing stopping an insanely rich person buying 1 million bitcoin today as long as hes willing to pay whatever they are worth, and either way if moneys going into it then its good for the bitcoin community as a whole. if someone from 2011 or whenever holds 1 mil coins though and decides to dump then not so good. Someone else would probably be able to tell you what old miners still hold a large amount other than satoshi since these things can be checked.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:36:49 PM

I also expect the same not like 1k. 600-700 range seems to be perfect and achievable by july this year.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:29:08 AM

I also expect the same not like 1k. 600-700 range seems to be perfect and achievable by july this year.

perhaps even sooner and then maybe we will see small pump for price to go over 1K and then stable price is maybe little higher 700-800
if we consider all think that this price will be in most of this year

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

skeletonbit

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:34:04 AM

price won't doubled because only newly mining coin rewards halved but what about the coins that are already in the market, we can see 10-15 % growth on halving
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: