Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:56:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: reinstal windows, dont have wallet file, i there chance,?  (Read 1049 times)
vojtadrbola (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:07:06 PM

hi, i have one problem i am from czech republic
about one week ago i bought 0,05 BTC from one czech firm, i pay it and they send me it.... link is there:
https://blockchain.info/tx/8f552298d5fc9bb4857a137e9075c80a9812689520190e868104698050145f9d
but i had to reinstal windowd, so i dont have a file wallet.dat from my bitcoin core, i dont have any ide what to do,,,,,but can you tell me, is there any chace, how to prove that its me, and someway get my money,
i really have no idea and everybody told me, that money are lost :,(

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wisecoin

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 01:13:51 PM

If you didn't reformat your disk partition, there's a good chance it is still there.
Try using the windows search with 'wallet.dat' through your whole drive.

PRINCIPLE NETWORK  ❘|❘ Main ❘|❘ World Cup 2018 Prediction Competition
Phobosator32

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Hello People of Earth!

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:15:11 PM

try some disk digger or disk drill utilities
vojtadrbola (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:36:08 PM

thank you i will try it, and if i dont find a a file, is there some optio with support?
genesysOS

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:40:07 PM

You can try using this software to search your drive for deleted files. The more you use the PC since deleting the wallet file the less likely you'll be able to recover it with this. but It's probably too late now as you've done a reinstall, but give it a go anyway.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Your wallet file is your BTC, BTC is like a digital item. There is nobody who can help you if you lose your wallet.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:16:35 PM

If you got the bitcoin address from running Bitcoin Core on your computer, and you did not create a backup of the wallet, then you have to find a copy of the wallet.dat file on your hard drive.  If that file is gone and you cannot recover it, then it will be impossible to recover the bitcoins.  There is nothing that anybody else can do to help you without the private keys that were stored in the wallet.dat file.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 06:14:05 PM

First thing you need to do is stop using the computer youve formatted, anytime you do anything on it increases the chances that your data will be written over, What you can try is installing and running free undelete and if your very lucky it will find your wallet.dat. I had no luck when i tried but ive heard of others successfully finding theirs.

KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:17:13 PM

There is not much really you could do if you have performed a full format .I can suggest you to use a recovery software which will try to recover recent files .Just filter out the wallet.dat file from them .Its usually located in your C:/Users/Username/AppData

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
vojtadrbola (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:14:30 AM

i talk with many people, and last option is to talk with support from bitcoin core, but i cant find any mail or other contact....
mocacinno
Legendary

Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:18:12 AM

i talk with many people, and last option is to talk with support from bitcoin core, but i cant find any mail or other contact....

Since it's a free, open source, product, they don't have a "support department" (as far as i know). Best chance to get support are forums (like this one)...
All people above have given you your best answer i'm afraid:

1) shut down your PC, so no more sectors get overwritten
2) remove your HD
3) insert your HD in a second PC, scan it with software that looks for deleted files
4) hope the software recovers your wallet.dat

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:12:06 AM

Bitcoin Core is not a company. It is an open source project with dozens of programmers contributing their time to develop the parts of it that they want to when they want to.

You will get more help with the Bitcoin Core software from volunteers here in this forum than just about anywhere else.

As has already been explained to you, if you got the bitcoin address from running Bitcoin Core on your computer then there is NOTHING that anyone can do to get you access to your bitcoins unless you either have a backup of the wallet, or can regain access to the wallet.dat file. If you can find the wallet.dat file in the deleted data on your hard drive, then your bitcoins can be recovered.  If not, then you have perhaps learned an important lesson about creating backups of valuable data in the future.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:47:12 AM

There is not much really you could do if you have performed a full format .I can suggest you to use a recovery software which will try to recover recent files .Just filter out the wallet.dat file from them .Its usually located in your C:/Users/Username/AppData
this, except its (very) worth noting that if you reinstalled windows, chances are the old wallet data is saved in the appdata directory in the windows.old folder. by default, the directory is hidden, so youll have to go to control panel -> appearance / personalization -> folder options
from there, go the the advanced settings and check the option to show hidden folders and items. you should now be able to navigate to the appdata directory in your windows.old folder, and hopefully the wallet.dat file should be in there.

copy that file into your current appdata folder in the newly installed windows directory (easy method: windows run (ctrl + r) and type in %appdata% and hit enter) and move it to the correct location in the bitcoin core folder that should be there. once thats done you should be able to open the wallet in core.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: