Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retin-A (Tretinoin): Get rid of Acne!  (Read 3488 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 04:04:36 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 06:28:30 AM by johnniewalker

Hi again everyone,
I have some tubes of Retin-A (Isotretinoin) topical cream. Its used to get rid of acne (I've been using it myself for years), and for older people to avoid wrinkles. Concentration is .05g/ml-pretty standard. The brand-name is "Epitrel" by Loefler (a Mexican generic). If you've never heard of the stuff before, look it up. It truly works wonders for either of the things I mentioned. I can ship a tube to you for 1.1BTC.
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 10:24:40 AM

Hi again everyone,
I have some tubes of Retin-A (Isotretinoin) topical cream. Its used to get rid of acne (I've been using it myself for years), and for older people to avoid wrinkles. Concentration is .05g/ml-pretty standard. The brand-name is "Epitrel" by Loefler (a Mexican generic). If you've never heard of the stuff before, look it up. It truly works wonders for either of the things I mentioned. I can ship a tube to you for 1.1BTC.
Thanks!

I know this is just a topical skin cream medication, but it is a prescription-only medication.

I think the forum rules prohibit selling of prescription medicines.    Sorry.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 10:49:32 AM

Hi again everyone,
Thanks!

I know this is just a topical skin cream medication, but it is a prescription-only medication.

I think the forum rules prohibit selling of prescription medicines.    Sorry.
No, as rules concerning prescription medicines vary country to country. Only illegal drugs are banned here.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 08:49:18 PM

No, as rules concerning prescription medicines vary country to country. Only illegal drugs are banned here.

So Retin-A, which requires a prescription in the U.S., is OK to sell here.   Heroin Xanax requires a prescription in the U.S.   Can that be sold here as well?

[Edit: Heroin was a bad example, as a Schedule I drug it is not available for purchase wtih a prescription.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_I_drugs ]

I'm just trying to understand what the difference between the two is.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 08:59:31 PM

Isotretinoin is known to cause birth defects so severe that, if nothing else, it shouldn't be offered for sale without an appropriate warning.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/1015/p1835.html

Attention, Girls and Women:
You must not take isotretinoin if you are pregnant or if there is any chance you might get pregnant while taking this medicine!

Isotretinoin causes severe birth defects, including malformation of the head and face, mental retardation and severe internal defects of the brain, heart, glands and nervous system. It can also cause miscarriage, premature birth and death of the fetus.

You must use two forms of birth control at the same time for at least one month before you start taking isotretinoin and for all the time you are taking this medicine. Keep using two kinds of birth control for one month after you stop taking isotretinoin. If you are using Depo-Provera as your form of birth control, you may not need to use two forms of birth control. Check this with your doctor.

Your doctor will make sure you are not pregnant before starting isotretinoin and check again every month while you are taking it. You will be asked to read and sign a consent form to show that you understand the dangers of birth defects and agree to use birth control. If your period is late, stop taking isotretinoin and call your doctor right away. If you get pregnant while you are taking isotretinoin, talk with your doctor about going on with the pregnancy.

I read the last line as "if you accidentally get pregnant while taking this stuff, seriously consider an abortion."

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:15:40 AM

Isotretinoin is known to cause birth defects so severe that, if nothing else, it shouldn't be offered for sale without an appropriate warning.

You must not take isotretinoin if you are pregnant or if there is any chance you might get pregnant while taking this medicine!

Isotretinoin causes severe birth defects, including malformation of the head and face, mental retardation and severe internal defects of the brain, heart, glands and nervous system. It can also cause miscarriage, premature birth and death of the fetus.

You must use two forms of birth control at the same time for at least one month before you start taking isotretinoin and for all the time you are taking this medicine. Keep using two kinds of birth control for one month after you stop taking isotretinoin. If you are using Depo-Provera as your form of birth control, you may not need to use two forms of birth control. Check this with your doctor.

Your doctor will make sure you are not pregnant before starting isotretinoin and check again every month while you are taking it. You will be asked to read and sign a consent form to show that you understand the dangers of birth defects and agree to use birth control. If your period is late, stop taking isotretinoin and call your doctor right away. If you get pregnant while you are taking isotretinoin, talk with your doctor about going on with the pregnancy.

I read the last line as "if you accidentally get pregnant while taking this stuff, seriously consider an abortion."
Isotretinoin is a nasty nasty drug. However, this is not isotretinoin. Isotretinoin is better known as Accutane. It is a pill you take. What it is is a synethetic form of Vitamin A (which helps keep skin healthy).
This is tretinoin, the topical form. It is very mild. If you live in a country where this is prescription-only, a doctor will probably prescribe it to you if you visit them for mild acne. Isotretinoin (Accutane) requires a specially licensed dermatologist to prescribe.
I have been using this for years (originally prescribed by doctor) and it works great. Just be sure to put on sun screen if you use it and are going outside for extended periods of time-it makes your skin sensetive.
johnvolta

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:19:12 AM

Yups, I think it should be used carefully with advise from dermetologists.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:52:50 AM

if its not isotrentinoin why does title/OP say it is ?

Isotretinoin is a nasty nasty drug. However, this is not isotretinoin. Isotretinoin is better known as Accutane. It is a pill you take. What it is is a synethetic form of Vitamin A (which helps keep skin healthy).
This is tretinoin, the topical form. It is very mild. If you live in a country where this is prescription-only, a doctor will probably prescribe it to you if you visit them for mild acne. Isotretinoin (Accutane) requires a specially licensed dermatologist to prescribe.
I have been using this for years (originally prescribed by doctor) and it works great. Just be sure to put on sun screen if you use it and are going outside for extended periods of time-it makes your skin sensetive.

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 06:28:08 AM

if its not isotrentinoin why does title/OP say it is ?

fixed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: