Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:24:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] US Govt SEC Ponzi Scheme Guide  (Read 562 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:14:49 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 07:21:39 AM by Spoetnik

An Altcoin has to be designed and used as a currency first and foremost.
If it is not used as a currency but pretty much only as a digital trading token then what is it ?
A digital stock ?
Ok then what happens when it dies and there are no network users keeping the block chain going ?
Then what is it ?

I find it hard to choke down the claim you guys say these are currencies.
If an Altcoin is not used as a currency it is NOT a currency.. simple.

And since none live long and die off then what are they ?

Pyramid / Ponzi schemes .

If anything i said here is wrong then prove it and i will correct my post and credit you.

PS:
Feel free to read the US govt's PDF guide on crypto coin Ponzi's
https://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_virtualcurrencies.pdf

or

https://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

And while your at it.. read the Washington Post News Story about Bitcoin
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/08/bitcoin-isnt-the-future-of-money-its-either-a-ponzi-scheme-or-a-pyramid-scheme/

or

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/14/bitcoin-is-revealed-a-ponzi-scheme-for-redistributing-wealth-from-one-libertarian-to-another/

Plenty more if you get on Google..

You can bet your ass if the public thinks Bitcoin is a ponzi / pyramid scheme they WILL think Altcoins are too !

EDIT:
Awwwwww looks like the whole entire world is Trolling you poor guys with evil nasty FUD Sad
I guess the last group of bag holders / shills here are right and the whole rest of the world is wrong huh ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:47:54 AM

A Ponzi has to collaps, inadvertible, because it has to drag in new victims due to a fixed promised interest rate (which the newcomers have to fork over).

Bitcoin is similar but different. The "early adopters" got no guarantee of revenue, at all. BTC could still exist as a method of transfering value at a notation like ten bucks. Could even exist at a notation where the "early adopters" are in the reds. There is no bust point where things would collaps, turn belly up, all Madoff style.

However all altcoins are indeed a Ponzi created to boom and fizzle in rapid succesion. The sad result of that is Bitcoin will not be able to evolve technically. On the technology frontier (currency exchange included) that presents a solid coffin nail rammed in.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 01:15:32 PM

One mans ponzi scheme is another mans crowdfunded distributed computing platform.

I think the thrust of your argument has been debunked already, and if you are going to say that cryptocurrencies generally function as ponzi schemes then the same applies to Bitcoin.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:59:03 PM

One mans ponzi scheme is another mans crowdfunded distributed computing platform.

I think the thrust of your argument has been debunked already, and if you are going to say that cryptocurrencies generally function as ponzi schemes then the same applies to Bitcoin.

debunked already ? Sorry but LOL ..no.
As a matter of fact it's been PROVEN.. but you clearly did not read the links i posted as proof.

Enjoy your shrinking bubble kids.. EARTH itself speaks loud & clear while you bury it in the sand.

but hey you can always solve that TROLL FUD'ing problem by ignoring Spoetnik..
ohh darn.. problem is if anyone on EARTH Google's this shit they see what i posted on my first comment ROFL
Seems ignoring me alone is not nearly enough now huh ?
Seems to me the whole fucking planet is FUD'ing you guys. Hahahahah

Just carry on Shit Coin'ing ..trust me i ain't going anywhere so i can deal with you all later Wink
And YES.. i will be saying I TOLD YOU SO !
Like i already have 1,000's of times.

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:47:53 PM

Translation, only rich people get to play with money. Or 10 reasons why the gov ponzi scheme bonds are the preferred ponzi investment vehicle.

What i find truly interesting is a self described hacker/cracker who circumvents copy right law by modifying software towards a free for all use and then rallies the official gov line about money. Like the kettle calling the pot black.

Why not just admit it as it is, some altcoins were created to be ponzis and some were created to advance the tech. Very easy view point and you don't get an aneurysm from throwing a tantrum.

Is it nap time again?

Sec defined
Common Red Flags of Fraud
Many Ponzi schemes share common characteristics. Following are some red flags:

High investment returns with little or no risk.
every investment carries some degree of risk, and investments yielding higher returns typically involve more risk. “Guaranteed” investment returns or promises of high returns for little risk should be viewed skeptically.

Overly consistent returns.
 Investments tend to go up and down over time, especially those seeking high returns. Be suspect of an investment that generates consistent returns regardless of overall market conditions.

Unregistered investments.
Ponzi schemes typi- cally involve investments that have not been registered with the seC or with state securities regulators.

Secretive and/or complex strategies and fee structures.
 It is a good rule of thumb to avoid investments you don’t understand or for which you can’t get complete information.

No minimum investor qualifications.
 Most legiti- mate private investment opportunities require you to be an accredited investor. You should be highly skepti- cal of investment opportunities that do not ask about your salary or net worth.

Issues with paperwork.
 Be skeptical of excuses regarding why you can’t review information about the investment in writing. Always read and carefully consider an investment’s prospectus or disclosure statement before investing. Be on the lookout for errors in account statements which may be a sign
of fraudulent activity.

Difficulty receiving payments.
Be suspicious if you don’t receive a payment or have difficulty cashing out your investment. Ponzi scheme organizers some- times encourage participants to “roll over” promised payments by offering higher investment returns.

It comes through someone with a shared affinity.
Fraudsters often exploit the trust derived from being members of a group that shares an affinity, such as a national, ethnic or religious affiliation. sometimes, respected leaders or prominent members may be enlisted, knowingly or unknowingly, to spread the word about the “investment.”

Yawn...
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:02:22 PM

And obviously you are not an American and aware that the Washington post is full of shit.

Did you even read the nonsense they wrote?

Here is a way better link.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/12/biggest_liar_of_2015_the_washington_post_and_its_pinocchios.html

And as an aside, altcoins are needed for bitcoin to survive, period. Trade in, trade out, trade in, trade out....
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:55:43 PM

Bitcoin does not need ALTCOINS to survive ROFL

And because you found a bad apple at the news site does not refute the points the in link i posted.
did you guys read it ? ..no i didn't think so  Roll Eyes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/08/bitcoin-isnt-the-future-of-money-its-either-a-ponzi-scheme-or-a-pyramid-scheme/

Learn to read ?

And sorry crying about Fiat is retarded.. one has strict regulations and the other does not for one thing.
And there is no Bitcoin Federal reserve.. why do think it exists ? What doe sit do and what is its mandate ?

I wish there was smarter people for me to talk to in the Altcoin scene instead ignorant kids.. playing cheerleader.

maybe just plug your ears and say LA LA LA LA..
That will make the big bad SEC trolls and FUD'ers on the web go away..
And if that don't work blame Spoetnik and hold your breath LOL
Apparently i am personally responsible for the entire Internets opinions on Bitcoin  Roll Eyes

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 10:28:52 PM

If i gave a shit what the SEC thinks why would i be into bitcoin in the first place?

Delete your dead out topic, leave the forum and take your dead posts with you.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: