Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory wallet balance is 0 (ZERO)  (Read 870 times)
generalinception (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:00:31 AM

Running windows 7 x64, armory 0.93.2
Armory is online and watch only wallet is imported but avaliable balance is 0. I can see there are coin on addresses associated with my wallet but Armory doesn't see it for some reason.
I tried rebuild and rescan databases and factory reset. I tried to contact Armory suport via email - no response for over 24 hours...
Also every time I start Armory it starts to rebuild databases every single time (it takes many hours), when it works - it takes 25-30% of a processor time all the time and when I close it - it takes 40 minutes for Armory to shut down.

Ridiculously buggy and unreliable for the most secure wallet  Shocked
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:05:43 AM

can you post your bitcoin address or check it on any online block explorer to see real balance of your wallet, you can export the private key and import to electrum wallet to access your fund if blockchain resetting and restarting doesn't works for you

PARADICE.io

generalinception (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:38:10 AM

can you post your bitcoin address or check it on any online block explorer to see real balance of your wallet, you can export the private key and import to electrum wallet to access your fund if blockchain resetting and restarting doesn't works for you

Thank you for the nice idea!
So I need to export my wallet's Addresses and Private Keys from Armory then import to Electrum and save as a new wallet on offline computer, correct? Would it be a comletely functional wallet as I just created it in Electrum from the scratch?
How save is to use Electurm instead of Armory? Any vulnerability comes because of using third party servers with a blockchain?

p.s. I imported addresses on online computer to Electurm and able to see actual balances and history immidiately
generalinception (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:44:59 PM

I want to thank you YOUDAMUSHI one more time. Fixed a problem with Armory in 1 hour.
Extracted private keys from Armory wallet and then created new Electrum wallet importing private keys in there. I got a completely functional wallet. And tested it signing transactions off-line. Works just fine. Fast and smooth.

Finally got an answer from Armory support team:
--------------
It is time consuming to analyze logs to determine why a particular user cannot get their instance of Armory online, so it may be awhile before we can resolve your issue.
We suggest visiting https://bitcointalk.org........ If you choose to the post your issue there, including your log file will get the best results
--------------

I spent a lot of time trying to set it up the first time. Armory couldn't load a blockchain, needed to download it using Bitcoin Core...
Now I spent about 10 hours of my own time and a week of working computer loading and realoading blockchain and building Armory database, intsalling and reinstalling everything over and over again trying to figure out the problem...
The solution I found is simple - just DON'T USE ARMORY AT ALL
dan91

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 08:32:00 PM

Id advise transfering all the coins off that wallet / keys into an address generated by electrum so you can recover it from the seed words. You cannot recover imported addresses from seed words.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: