Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:36:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [USD and BTC needed]People are ready to pay high to trade. Take advantage of it!  (Read 16364 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 01:29:45 PM

Just for the record, MPBOR for the current month is 4.99%.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:53:39 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 06:18:41 PM by myself

Just for the record, MPBOR for the current month is 4.99%.
is that rate set by the market demand/offer or is set by Mircea?

this is are the average rates that market dictate for bitfinex platform
more stats here https://bitfinex.com/pages/stats

free market is the best market

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 08:31:56 PM

People won't be able to take the coins OUT of the system right?
borrowers cant make withdrawals from credits, example if you borrow 100 BTC to short you will see short possible 100BTC nothing more
That's cool, I saw the text change to loans and I wondered if Bitfinex was trying to be BTCJAM Smiley

No that's not the plan right now Smiley
 But that's a good question to add to the FAQ, thanks!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 09:52:02 PM

is that rate set by the market demand/offer or is set by Mircea?

Fully set by market. People send bonds in specifying what interest they want, the whole pile is sorted by interest, the bot's trading needs are met out of that and whatever interest that ends up is the MPBOR.

free market is the best market

Exactly, which is why I hold a 4.99% (79.3% APR) figure based on 7k BTCs' worth of bonds in higher regard than the 2x% APR figure based on ~1-2k BTC.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:01:11 PM

Stats of today:

Demand for USD is higher than ever. Someone managed to place a USD loan at 70% a year today! Afraid of a bitcoin buble, but still want to profit from it? Come and lend your dollars on Bitfinex!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:37:55 AM

Stats of today:

Demand for USD is higher than ever. Someone managed to place a USD loan at 70% a year today! Afraid of a bitcoin buble, but still want to profit from it? Come and lend your dollars on Bitfinex!
Are they using a "Potion of Loanplacing"? My BTC loans never filled, even at market rates.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:48:01 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2013, 05:00:57 PM by myself

Are they using a "Potion of Loanplacing"? My BTC loans never filled, even at market rates.
that's likely to be because nobody wants to short but I personally will be happy to take your btc for a modest 2% APY for 60 days

this statistic is for all taken loans but I think we can do better to show average rate for all loans taken in last 24h, 7 days, 14 days, and 30 days

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 05:10:44 PM

Indeed.

Also, if you lend for 7 days, your offers have far less chance to be filled than if you lend for 60 days.

Traders tend to choose longer periods. If a trader chooses say 30 days, offers at higher rates than yours will be filled while yours won't. That's why we advise to put long term offers.

Best regards,
Raphael
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 11:37:49 PM

Do I need to say we need more USD lenders:

Latest lenders got filled at 100% a year Smiley
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:48:06 AM

Do I need to say we need more USD lenders:

Latest lenders got filled at 100% a year Smiley

Please increase the max interest limit.  99.999999% is too low Smiley
myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:33:04 PM

the record offer I did see was 4000%

myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:43:02 PM

I like to remember users that BFX provide VIR (variable interest rates)

Quote from: BFX FAQ https://bitfinex.com/pages/faq
What is the "Variable Interest Rate" option for lending market?

"Variable interests rates" credits are a special kind of credits: they are based not on an agreed fixed rate, but on the average rates of total credits as displayed here. The variable average rate varies every 1/4 an hour. The advantage is that interests rates tend to follow bitcoin price: when the price goes up, interests for USD tend to go up, and similarly for BTC interests rates when price goes down. Lenders can then safely lend knowing that they won't miss opportunities if the interests goes up. Traders will find it even more interesting, because if the interests rates they pay goes up, that usually mean their position become profitable.

jomplox

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:48:23 PM

This looks very promising. Thank you for your hard work OP.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:02:03 PM

en love for me ?  Cry Cry Cry Cry

ThaddeusB

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:43:45 AM

If one tries to post an offer higher than 100%, the system returns "Invalid offer: rate tow high, maximum is 99.999999"  (note also the typo in the word too).
myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:49:46 AM

If one tries to post an offer higher than 100%, the system returns "Invalid offer: rate tow high, maximum is 99.999999"  (note also the typo in the word too).
oh did not know that change .sry  Lips sealed

jomplox

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:45:28 AM

To you as well  Grin

I made a small deposit to test the page and see how it works out.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:38:06 AM

Oh sorry, that as not suppose to be here. Updating right now. You can post offer at more than 100% Smiley
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 12:07:00 PM

To you as well  Grin

I made a small deposit to test the page and see how it works out.

Thanks for your trust Jomplox.

And of course Bitfinex would be what it is today without my great associate Myself Smiley
ThaddeusB

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:26:56 AM

Oh sorry, that as not suppose to be here. Updating right now. You can post offer at more than 100% Smiley

Awesome
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: