Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [USD and BTC needed]People are ready to pay high to trade. Take advantage of it!  (Read 16363 times)
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:32:34 AM

We have more than 29 000 USD lended at an average of 66% a year.

And yet, we need your dollars, more than ever, demand is high. Don't pass opportunities like that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 11:08:06 AM

New feature update for our dear lenders The auto-lending feature:

How it works:
When this feature is on, an offer will be posted with all your available balance. If this balance varies (for example when you get your daily interests), the offer is updated. You can choose the rate and the maximum period of this automatic offer.

How to activate it:
On the lending page, you'll find a new button to activate or deactivate this feature.
Set your desired rate (fixed or variable), set the maximum loan period, and click on "Activate auto-lend".
It can take up to 15 minutes for the automatic offer to be posted, that's normal.

You can of course turn it off any time, it will cancel all active offers.

Enjoy,
Raphael
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 04:41:47 PM

We have more than 29 000 USD lended at an average of 66% a year.
at 66.6% something will happen i bet on that  Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 10:35:20 AM

there is a serious need for USD

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:12:11 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2013, 11:45:14 AM by MPOE-PR

Dudes, seriously.

You are running stolen code which has already failed once creating the blow-up of one of the largest scams in Bitcoin history. The Bitcoinica liquidator is still liquidating it to this day.

You are running a site you aren't either qualified or able to run, as proven for instance by the fact that when the Ruby on Rails vulnerability happened you had to find out from me, and as proven for instance by the fact that when you did find out from me your reaction was the typical denial&idiocy one'd expect from clueless noobs that have no business anywhere near OPM.

You are running a site nobody gives two shits about, let alone uses, as proven by the fact that nobody bothered to own your ass when the RoR vuln came out, and as proven by the fact that you're the only two dudes even bothering to post here.

Just...forget about it already, okay? It makes no sense for anyone to send you BTC (and even less sense to send you fiat), consequently it will never happen. All this pretense you're trying to push is about as stale as a 1967 Oreo cookie.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:55:39 AM

Dudes, seriously.

You are running stolen code which has already failed once creating the blow-up of one of the largest scams in Bitcoin history. The Bitcoinica liquidator is still liquidating it to this day.

You are running a site you aren't either qualified or able to run, as proven for instance by the fact that when the Ruby on Rails vulnerability happened you had to find out from me, and as proven for instance by the fact that when you did find out from me your reaction was the typical denial&idiocy one'd expect from clueless noobs that have no business anywhere near OPM.

You are running a site nobody gives two shits about, let alone uses, as proven by the fact that nobody bothered to own your ass when the RoR vuln came out, and as proven by the fact that you're the only two dudes even bothering to post here.

Just...forget about it already, okay? It makes no sense for anyone to send you BTC (and even less sense to send you fiat), consequently it will never happen. All this pretense you're trying to push is about as stale as a 1967 Oreo cookie.

Over 17,000 bitcoins have been traded on Bitfinex over the last 7 days; over $32,000 are currently lent out.  I would hardly call those numbers evidence that "nobody cares".  I, for one, find the site to be very useful.

The site does not have a hot wallet or automated withdrawal mechanism.  Thus, your assumption about why it did not experience theft is incorrect.

myself
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 06:11:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/r0KOL3e.jpg the link can be a bit NSFW

I hope you will love this meme  Grin
meme source: http://www.memecenter.com/fun/638760/what-just-happened

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:44:24 AM

Seems interesting, giving it a shot lending a few hundred USD.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 09:11:01 AM

With the average US APR around 150% on bitfinex, how come you aren't lending out your own money?

I'm always skeptical of people who start financial projects who don't have their own money to use, especially if they feel there is very little risk (ex. Pirate).  If you are a computer programmer, you are likely to have survived the global recession and not be broke.  I'm also skeptical of investing in middle class people who are older than 35 and are broke =)

If I could get even 30% APR (with low to no risk), I'd max out my credit cards, borrow everything I could against the house, try to get friends/family involved...

I'm not doing this for bitfinex - because for me one of the risks is that you run away with the money (and the other risk is that all of the information is second-hand - it is generally better to have an inside-view of a project).  If that's a risk you can exclude - that is if you know everyone you are in business with (and it sounds like only two of you), then you will value a 100% APR at a lot higher than I will because you'll see it as a lower risk investment.

That said, if it looks like the risk is medium - I'll put some money in it.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
myself
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 09:58:46 AM

With the average US APR around 150% on bitfinex, how come you aren't lending out your own money?
how you know that Raphael dont lend USD and BTC ?

nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 03:03:45 AM

I guess I don't.  Just figured that if you were lending, you would get the market rate down below 100% APR.  Unless either you aren't loaning that much money or are acting like a rational semi-monopolist (who doesn't want to compete against themselves).

If you are lending, you might want to make this transparent.  Not sure if this matters - what do people think?

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
myself
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:19:21 AM

the rate for BTC is 15% the USD rate is big 110% in order to compensate the BTC price increase, that's the market and the market rules I personally dont think Bitfinex should do what FED does and manipulate the VIR so ppl get cheaper credit

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 01:32:26 PM

There was a very large demand for and not enough supply of USD so the rate was high.  

Demand has come down and supply has gone up so now the rate is coming down (it is below 100% as of this post).

As to why he is not just loaning out his own money:  Maybe he just does not have $45K sitting around?

nrd525:  whatever you do please don't put your money in as that will cause the rates to go down even more Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:19:06 PM

How are interest calculations handled on a daily basis?  I put in a small amount as a test and the interest amount I received doesn't match the interest amount I selected to lend.  My assumption is that you actually charge interest on an hourly basis (i.e. 25% of a day earns 25% of daily rate) but I want to make sure this is correct.

About security.  Thanks for implementing 2FA.  Can 2FA be limited to just withdrawals?
Here is why ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109424.0
Also please provide more information on the security precautions you have taken to protect USD balances.  2FA on your MtGox account?  MtGox verification (to avoid potential AML freezes)?

Lastly a couple usability/reporting improvements.
On the lending history page can you show some more details (i.e. balance, weighted interest average (in both APY and bpd (basis points per day), and interest paid)?

Keep improving. I put a token amount in and doing things to improve transparency and security (like form that business entity and get MtGox to convert your account into the name of the business entity) and I might increase it.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:38:31 PM

How are interest calculations handled on a daily basis?
yes the IR is per day the lender gets the IR every 24h, borrowers pay the IR every hour because of price changes
also you can check the wiki page http://community.bitfinex.com/showwiki.php?title=Bitfinex+Documentation:Lending

About security.  Thanks for implementing 2FA.  Can 2FA be limited to just withdrawals?
withdrawals are manually processed there are no automatic withdrawals

Lastly a couple usability/reporting improvements.
On the lending history page can you show some more details (i.e. balance, weighted interest average (in both APY and bpd (basis points per day), and interest paid)?
the devil is on details and this things take some time to set  Grin

I put a token amount in and doing things to improve transparency
comment on this thread plz https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131566.0

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 04:21:48 PM

When I make a deposit it aways goes into my trading wallet.  Then I have to transfer it to the lending wallet.  Can you please add a drop down on the deposit screen so we can select which wallet we want the deposit to go into?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 05:17:41 PM

When I make a deposit it aways goes into my trading wallet.  Then I have to transfer it to the lending wallet.  Can you please add a drop down on the deposit screen so we can select which wallet we want the deposit to go into?

Or a separate BTC address for each wallet would be nice.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
myself
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:35:47 PM

When I make a deposit it aways goes into my trading wallet.
it goes there because on account settings u did pick a trading account not a depositor account.

Or a separate BTC address for each wallet would be nice.
imo that will depend on how armory performs with 3 times more address that we have now.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 09:00:23 PM

When I make a deposit it aways goes into my trading wallet.
it goes there because on account settings u did pick a trading account not a depositor account.

So because I have an exchange type account (doing exchange and lending but no margin) all deposits must go into the exhcange wallet?  Then I have to move them to the correct wallet in a separate step?  Tedious.

Why not give me the option of which wallet I want to be the destination of the deposit at the time I make the deposit.  A simple drop down on the deposit page would do.

myself
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:11:47 PM

So because I have an exchange type account (doing exchange and lending but no margin) all deposits must go into the exhcange wallet?  Then I have to move them to the correct wallet in a separate step?  Tedious.
like i said the devils is on details Cheesy  your proposal is on the list

btw post suggestions here is easier to track https://community.bitfinex.com/forumdisplay.php/8-Suggestions-amp-Feedbacks

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: