Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Bitcoin Users from Singapore?  (Read 983 times)
Nagato (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:13:14 PM

Ive known about Bitcoin for about 1.5yrs and have been rather surprised that we do not yet have a local exchange.
Having to wire money to Japan or US is costly, slow and was enough to put me off my initial purchase back when Bitcoins were going for $0.80.
Ofcourse this is something that i have had to regret on hindsight.
Fast Forward to the block halving and Bitcoin hardly has any presence in the Oceanic Region. I guess ive waited long enough for someone else to do it.
Ive been working on an exchange for BTC/SGD and would appreciate if any members would be interested to assist me in beta-testing the exchange.

Since it is not live yet, i do not want to put up the URL in public yet(to avoid people finding the site via Google/other means and depositing real BTC, SGD).
PM me if you are interested to help me out with the testing and ill PM you the URL.

Thanks

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 12:30:49 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 02:51:30 AM by Stephen Gornick

Ive been working on an exchange for BTC/SGD and would appreciate if any members would be interested to assist me in beta-testing the exchange.

Here are some candidates who might be willing to test it out:
 - https://localbitcoins.com/country/SG

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 01:21:56 AM

Thanks Stephen.

Just to clarify, anybody from any part of the world can help me with the testing as no actual deposits/withdrawals are required.
My title was a little misleading. I will issue virtual BTC and SGD balances for the testing phase.

I understand that someone from US may never have to use the exchange(except for arbitrageurs), but if you can spare the time to help, it will be a small step in helping to spread Bitcoin liquidity to this part of the world.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:49:00 AM

Send me your site in PM, I'll check how I can help.

Bendur

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:01:31 AM

Really there is no exchange in singapore? Looks like a great opportunity then. Good luck, and i hope you are able to avoid the security pitfalls that so many others have fallen into.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:15:13 AM

If I'm not wrong there's a few exchanges there. None for me at Malaysia though.
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:20:50 AM

sgitcoin seems to be still running. Obviously not a full exchange tho: http://www.sgitcoin.com/
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 12:18:35 PM

None for me at Malaysia though.

Half an exchange? (buy only):
 - https://dgtmkt.com  <-- Malaysia / MYR

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Nagato (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 12:23:07 PM

SGItcoin is a buy only service, you cannot sell your BTC.
There is a minimum $5 commission which means if you are buying less than $500 you are paying more than 1% fees.
There is a retail forex rate markup over mtGoxUSD bid/ask which means another 2.5% in fees.
So at a minimum someone would be paying atleast 3% in fees, plus no option for selling.

The biggest risk is that the rate is determined when your bank transfer reaches their bank account.
In Singapore, bank transfers amongst different banks can take 3 business days.

Still im glad that there is such a service.

John, to my knowledge i havn't seen any.
One of the things im really trying to figure out is how i can expand this to serve more parts of South East Asia.
Ive not used currency fair before, but ive heard of some people use it with success to transfer money to exchanges in other countries. It could be an option.

More testers needed! PM me if you can help.

Gtrade1

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:02:07 AM

New Exchange base in Singapore

This is a USD$ base Bitcoin exchange, currently open for public. We accept RMB, SGD, HKD & USD for the moment, more currency will be provided in next months.

We support most of the payment gateway as Okpay, direct banking, LR & China gateway either. Please visit us at www.gtrade1.com for more information.

Currently there will be commission free for all trades, any question please drop me email or post it here. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: