Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:20:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats your strategy on parlay?  (Read 3009 times)
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:27:07 PM

My strategy for parlay is:
Select events with a low odds and high probability to win (value bets)
I bet only with 3-4 events.
For funny I bet 9-15 events and a hvery high odd but with a small amount of money.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:30:27 PM

I don't bet on parlay. To me, they are rather risky as even clear favourites won't win in a bad day. I would go for a straight bet at a time.

Same here, you have a greater chance of winning straight. If you have to choose just 2.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:49:01 PM

Four or five teams max in a parlay.

A lot of people say parlays are bad and to just bet straight but there are situations where you can really get paid for low risk amount. The 10-20 leg parlays are literally like lottery tickets though.

I agree with your comment.
Just take for instance interms of football major teams like Bayern (1,14), Dortmund (1,2), Barcelona (1,12), Paris St.Germain (1,10) against absolute underdogs and you can have a total of 1,68. This season would have worked out very well.
When I do parlay I use in general not more than 3 teams.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:13:13 PM

I usually just bet a smaller amount on 2-3 confident bets at odds ranging from 1.4-1.7 . Usually pays off. I don't think there is a good strategy, but mostly depends on how sure you are of the bet. I only tend to add games which I am more sure of.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:11:42 PM

How many picks do you usually include?
Is the bet amount same/more/less than your single bets?

I want to hear others thoughts..
Well,whenever i bet in sports i usually go with parley's and it's one of my favorite betting style because parley increases the odds and we can easily make profit from parley are we just add some safe bets in it.
I usually make parley of atleast 3 bets and max 4-5 bets at around 1.2 or 1.3 odds per bet so i combine these small and safe odds bets to get total decent odds Wink
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:17:14 PM

I'll try to bet on the leagues and teams I follow so that I can reduce my chances of losing to the minimum. We're talking gambling in any case and there are always a lot of variables that must be considered.
Odds are important too and not to play many games also. And then one needs a lot of luck!
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:23:26 PM

My advice for you, don't do parlay. The cons of parlays definitely outweigh the pros. The only pro is - if you hit the jackpot you will win a lot, but how many times do you actually won?
You will be better betting on 1 match at time, your prize won't be so awesome but your winning will be more standardized and in long run you will earn more.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:26:35 PM

My advice for you, don't do parlay. The cons of parlays definitely outweigh the pros. The only pro is - if you hit the jackpot you will win a lot, but how many times do you actually won?
You will be better betting on 1 match at time, your prize won't be so awesome but your winning will be more standardized and in long run you will earn more.

It makes no sense to me to play a single event, that's what a parlay is all about! To use less money to win more.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:58:00 PM

To be honest, my parlay picks were always disastrous, I mean I think I placed more than 10 and didn't win anything. But it wasn't bad calls or picks, it's just that it's too hard to get the results with so many variables, even if they are 2 or 3, something always goes wrong in one of them and you're screwed. That's my experience, it's better to stay away from parlays, except if you really see a good opportunity (but that's how I've lost my money so...hehe).
Pony789

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:03:38 PM

When I make parlay bets, I only choose those individual bets that have very low odds and I have never included more than 4 bets in a parlay. The bet amount for my parlay bets are no different from that for my straight bets.

Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1314

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:33:58 PM

Why not?parlay is a fun betting strategy, most gamblers with lower bankroll prefer to use parlay because they may earn big amount just with small amount. Even though it has higher risk to lose, but it is how gambling works. High risk high return.
Compa
Legendary

Activity: 1006

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:41:57 PM

I dont have strategy to bet on parlay. I just look at the history of matches and only sometimes I do parlay and I choose 3 teams to parlay. But its risky to bet on parlay.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:50:21 PM

It makes no sense to me to play a single event, that's what a parlay is all about! To use less money to win more.

Yes and you can select a lot of bets with small payouts like 1.05, 1.12 and such to get odds of 2.00 + and that is what I prefer to do when playing parlay bets. Its much safer and easier than betting actually at 2.00 odds.

POM (OP)

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:55:50 PM

UPDATE: Hit my first parlay last night
Odds:6.98
# of picks: 3
Risked: BTC0.22
Won:BTC1.535

Strategy used (If you can even call it that): Simply took my top 3 picks of the night and made single bets on top of the parlay with same BTC risked for each pick.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:09:20 PM

UPDATE: Hit my first parlay last night
Odds:6.98
# of picks: 3
Risked: BTC0.22
Won:BTC1.535

That is a nice win. Congrats. Back to the question in OP, most of my sports bets are made separately but I do make a parlay bet from time to time. My parlay usually consists of 2 to 3 bets only while my bet amount would be slightly lower if the odds is higher vice versa.

badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:06:08 AM

I guess my strategy would be to bet pretty big on the individual matches themselves. Then with the smaller amount of bit coin I would throw all those confident straight bets, into a nice parlay. With the parlay being smaller bet, if you win all the bets you get the bonus parlay. If you lose one match, they parlay being smaller doesnt really break you.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3018

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 01:18:39 AM

Four or five teams max in a parlay.

A lot of people say parlays are bad and to just bet straight but there are situations where you can really get paid for low risk amount. The 10-20 leg parlays are literally like lottery tickets though.

I agree with your comment.
Just take for instance interms of football major teams like Bayern (1,14), Dortmund (1,2), Barcelona (1,12), Paris St.Germain (1,10) against absolute underdogs and you can have a total of 1,68. This season would have worked out very well.
When I do parlay I use in general not more than 3 teams.
Its very nice mostly if you know the list of the winning team and you will get win even you got lose 1 team.
Actually i use parlay if i have a list that should be win..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
frendsento

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:29:45 AM

when i am making bets on parlays it is very important that you know the team you are betting on if not make some research first i bet all in when i see that my team will actually win usually when the odds are below 2.00 so there is a high chance that i will win
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:32:46 AM

My strategy for parlay is:
Select events with a low odds and high probability to win (value bets)
I bet only with 3-4 events.
For funny I bet 9-15 events and a hvery high odd but with a small amount of money.

How you decide an event has high probability to win? Because low odds is not a guarantee to win.
Let's say odds @1.2 each for 4 events total odds will be around 2.2xx I agree with this but how you determine an event with high probability to win? Is it just on low odds?
Also I think you only able to make 13 events parlay maximum, where you get 15 events max?
brianlee01

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:41:43 AM

I usually take my favorite game of big match and add it to my parlay mixing with other sports. Every parlay i make usually up to 5 odds. Some of parlay i have make before too many lost only a few are wins. And average of only 1 or 2 team that failed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: