Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary of the events last night - And an apology.  (Read 12971 times)
BitcoinStore (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 08:02:01 AM

agree with the sentiment against rodger, even if i really appreciate his efforts in the bitcoin world.

protect your customer data, even if they are assholes, or lose the trust of potential customers.

i won't be shopping at bitcoinstore now, as much as i really was looking forward to for my next computer purchases.

We won't be sharing any more customer data. (Unless demanded by law enforcement).

After this whole debacle I don't think we'll be attempting to publicly shame anyone else.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:39:51 AM

. . .
After this whole debacle I don't think we'll be attempting to publicly shame anyone else.
. . .
Note that, as far as I'm concerned, public shaming was never the issue here.  I understand that some people were offended by the idea of public shaming, and others didn't feel it went far enough, but that is all a matter of opinion and not a real problem.  The real issue here was the existence of a privacy policy that explicitly stated that personal information would be used in a particular way, and then actions that violated that policy.  This is not a matter of opinion.  It is a fact that the policy existed, and a fact that the policy was violated.

If a company intends to engage in public shaming as a countermeasure to fraud and theft, I'm not against that at all.  They just need to make sure that their privacy policy indicates that the information will be used in that way.  If a company wants to assist other companies in identifying those who engage in fraud and theft, I'm not against that either.  Again, they just need to make sure that their privacy policy indicates that the information will be used in that way.

If a company changes/updates their privacy statement, they really ought to make sure that it is easy for all their existing customers to be aware of that fact.  It would be cowardly and deceptive to try and silently modify a privacy policy that has already been in place for an extended period of time.

I see that MemoryDealers.com has a policy that is vague enough to possibly allow them to use their customer's personal information to enforce compliance (through shaming?) and protect themselves:

http://memorydealers.com/terms-and-privacy/
We will not disclose or sell your personal contact information to any third parties without your permission. But we will disclose these information . . . to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website . . . or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.

Furthermore, while you state here that you will not engage in public shaming anymore, the BitcoinStore.com privacy policy states otherwise:

http://www.bitcoinstore.com/privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode
NOTE: if you try to scam us, and we find out, your account will be canceled, all your information, public and private, will be shared with all third parties we do business with, who may stop doing business with you as well, and this information may be shared publicly at our discretion.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 01:52:44 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 10:51:40 PM by nethead

SERIOUS UPDATE:[/size]

He got his money back after all this happened(there was only one thread, and that locked when he recieved the payment, but im not really sure on that, anyway it was at about that time), after admiting it was his fault, and after i had no serious reason to give them back to him. NOW he sends me a pm telling me that:

Sorry for the slow reply.

Please post in these two threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131678
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131608

Something along the lines of

I publicly apologize for lying to Roger Ver of MemoryDealers and Bitcoinstore and for denying that I even had his money.
In fact,  I did have it,  and have now returned it.
What I did was wrong, and I'm sorry for the trouble that I have caused for everyone.
I will work to be a more honest person in the future,

Nethead  (Your real name here if you wish)

Once you post that,  I will gladly remove the rest of your information from the forum.

My reply:

You arent going to ask for more to remove what you shouldnt have ever posted right? Are you?
Havent seen if you did removed the private info, and messaged members who have quoted that info in their posts to do so, but you have to.

If you keep asking me to do what you say your messages will go to the mods. Who do you think you are to tell me what to write? I did nothing wrong, my hands are clear AND you got FULL of what you sent me by your mistake.

So go on, its your turn now to contact mods to remove any info from the locked thread (they told so) and some members on the unlocked one to remove my info from quote in their posts, this is your responsibility

(i have just waken, so i will not be around for sme hours, i will come back later)

And his final reply here:

You are the one who lied, tried to steal from me,  and caused all the trouble.
If you continue to refuse to own up to it,  I will put your information back online for the trouble maker and liar that you are.

It is up to you,

Roger

Is this real world? What the fuck did i did to deserve this fucking thing, even after paying him back, which i did because i wanted to (ok, also wanted my info to be removed)
NOW he threatens to put it back? REALLY?

If one has to apologize for anything, is a thing that he will do alone, noone has to tell him to do so (to promote others bussiness)
After all you have to recover my reputation, not me yours.
nethead

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:40:36 PM

Thank you, seems to be about correct.
Not at all.  It was NetHead (the customer) who published his own sensitive information publicly in the internet.  The only wrongdoing on the part of BitcoinStore was accessing the sensitive information in the first place to prove directly to the Customer only that they knew he owned the address that he was lying and stating he didn't own.  They should not have had access to this information, and they no longer do.  They only has access because Roger of MemoryDealers.com was also acting in the capacity of an employee of blockchain.info.  He mis-used the access that he had as a blockchain.info employee to assist in the bitcoinstore.com dispute.  Because of this he is no longer acting in an employee capacity at blockchain.info, and blockchain.info has reviewed and improved their security practices relating to personal information.

WTF YOU GUYS

What i posted is my blockchain info, NOT MY DOX which HE DID
nethead

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:43:36 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 08:11:18 PM by nethead

With a name like Nikolaos I guess he's Greek. It's unbelievable how tight things are for regular people there right now. I feel so sorry for them, their entire country has been taken for a ride ever since WW2.

And somebody just puts a large sum on his account just like that. (didn't get how much it was) When he probably needs it the most. It's understandable that he got tempted.

Please cut the drama because the guy is Greek. The tv news are getting in your brains and this shit with the Greek situation (problem way exaggerated) has to end sometime, so no reason you feel sorry.

All this waste-of-time thread has nothing to do with the guy's nationality, btw this mess was about 4 btc (four!)

LOL, i agree with that man. I stole that bitcoins with a gun to buy food.
ITT guided ppl
(feel sorry for yourself my friend, and please close that tv over there)

UPDATE #2: After my last posts he contacted me that "we are done, and to not send him another message", which i replied that he HAS to remove any info and as an extra i added that i will remove all my posts regarding this. Sounds fair? He didnt reply, and prob wont. Police and lawyer have been alert, for the sake of my security. (offline police... not for whats happening here) Pictures from his tweeter(freely available), some of the pm's i got and some screenshots of what has already happened got mailed to my lawyer (in a password-ed flash drive) with a shut-closed envelope with the pass inside. This in case that anything happens to me.

UPDATE #3: An additional note I would like to leave is that after some posts here my mail got email-codes by blockchain (someone tried to connect to my wallet), and the 3rd mail i got is: "Two Factor Authentication has been disabled on your bitcoin wallet. You should now be able to login again." Well i tried to login after this, but always "incorect password" (==SO my account still exists, but someone.. changes pass?) Any explanation? I like how it became safer. Normaly i would post to let it go any further BUT what i got in my inbox from him, its like he wanted to let it "flow" more.
Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 03:44:24 PM

A very nice apology followed up with threats...

nethead

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Meanwhile, NetHead has published his own personal information and continues to keep the BTC that were accidentally sent to him.

He never gave them back?  Shocked
Nope.
nope? you are a total retard.
most of you here are (sorry for random posts, just reading thread random)
videos4btc

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:48:52 PM

Meanwhile, NetHead has published his own personal information and continues to keep the BTC that were accidentally sent to him.

He never gave them back?  Shocked
Nope.
nope? you are a total retard.
most of you here are (sorry for random posts, just reading thread random)

dude, at least you could have given it back. Don't be an idiot and think you are some saint.
nethead

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:50:11 PM

i think i speak with zombies
nethead

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:52:15 PM

SERIOUS UPDATE:[/size]

He got his money back after all this happened(there was only one thread, and that locked when he recieved the payment, but im not really sure on that, anyway it was at about that time), after admiting it was his fault, and after i had no serious reason to give them back to him. NOW he sends me a pm telling me that:

Sorry for the slow reply.

Please post in these two threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131678
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131608

Something along the lines of

I publicly apologize for lying to Roger Ver of MemoryDealers and Bitcoinstore and for denying that I even had his money.
In fact,  I did have it,  and have now returned it.
What I did was wrong, and I'm sorry for the trouble that I have caused for everyone.
I will work to be a more honest person in the future,

Nethead  (Your real name here if you wish)

Once you post that,  I will gladly remove the rest of your information from the forum.

My reply:

You arent going to ask for more to remove what you shouldnt have ever posted right? Are you?
Havent seen if you did removed the private info, and messaged members who have quoted that info in their posts to do so, but you have to.

If you keep asking me to do what you say your messages will go to the mods. Who do you think you are to tell me what to write? I did nothing wrong, my hands are clear AND you got FULL of what you sent me by your mistake.

So go on, its your turn now to contact mods to remove any info from the locked thread (they told so) and some members on the unlocked one to remove my info from quote in their posts, this is your responsibility

(i have just waken, so i will not be around for sme hours, i will come back later)

And his final reply here:

You are the one who lied, tried to steal from me,  and caused all the trouble.
If you continue to refuse to own up to it,  I will put your information back online for the trouble maker and liar that you are.

It is up to you,

Roger

Is this real world? What the fuck did i did to deserve this fucking thing, even after paying him back, which i did because i wanted to (ok, also wanted my info to be removed)
NOW he threatens to put it back? REALLY?

If one has to apologize for anything, is a thing that he will do alone, noone has to tell him to do so (to promote others bussiness)
After all you have to recover my reputation, not me yours.

requoting for retards who cannot read threads
videos4btc

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:55:35 PM

Maybe Nethead you should change your name to DICKHEAD.

It's really simple you fucked up he fucked up but your denying you fucked up so your a dickhead.

This isn't that hard is it ?
nethead

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2012, 01:10:01 AM by nethead

It's really simple you fucked up he fucked up but your denying you fucked up so your a dickhead.

Ok mofo im a dickhead, but for what?
Also if you change yours to "videos4dick" or "dick4btc" first, i will try to change mine, promise.-

-----videos4btc reply ends here -----

Things that happened:

1. I tried to order from that DAMNED store, and i PAID (hmm i see the scam here somewhere eh???)

2. They obviously didnt want to mark as "gift" thats what i was asking for, and yes that was for tax purposes. Call me a scammer for that, let me tell you that bitcoin is indeed a scam coin, do you pay TAXES with your bitcois? ARE your bitcoins TAXED? How do you pay a tax with bitcoin? Oh, the 0.0005 fee, right.. (keep #2 as i will speak later more about it)

3. I asked for a refund that was actually given to me, plus a 4.5 btc the next day (the ultra-super-duper-retarded dude who worked on that got my payment address in his fucking site (if we believe that a customer paid to that address, but that wasnt even proven, one time he says "Bit*" paid, then says "oh noes, it wasnt him, it was another customer" SO WHOS MONEY WAS THAT REALLY? (mine at that point, and call me a dick)

4. He elevated my privacy to over 100.000 persons (73000 members only here as someone else mentions), and i am a fucking scam? His bussiness is a total scam.

As i have post earlier i wouldnt go on with this kind of posts here, and i would have given an end. BUT NO.

He still pm's me threats, so i will still hate on him as much as i can

---------------------------
#2*: I am a fucking CRIMINAL for asking him if he could mark it as gift? And afterwards accepting his answer, refunded (with a plus)?
You are a fucking ignorant with absolutely no knowledge on the word criminal. Or now you care about goverments taxations?? Come on we will pay with bitcoins..
Criminal related things: guns, drugs, murder, #4, burglar an many many more, also accepting what you call money (bitcoins), GPU-generated numbers that only use they have is FRAUD itself

ok for that last i maybe am.

I am a SCAMMER? In what way did i scam? By accepting funds? Or lie==scam? My mistakes where many but none of them is that i didnt have given back the 4 fucking btc
I am a THIEF? So did i hack into his systems, or broke into his house? Or into his bussiness? Thats the fucking nature of bitcoin, you send money, the other party accepts, if you done that by mistake, well go cry somewhere else, but without private info that someone trusted you to hadle.

The uber frustrating thing of all of them together is that after what he caused and got "his" money back, still came online to threat me of getting my info online again if i do not apologize.

For the fatfucks/nolifers that seek "legal" view on bitcoins, give me one government paper that states about them, they simply do not exist. Show me some legal info about those. SOME not much. I like the idea of free market and support bitcoin but some of you guys are total idiots, IRL I could involve goverments/police/legalshit, Roger could not, no matter how you see it. All the morals and other shit i read on hear are pure b/s.

The other fatfucks/nolifers that said the fuckin awesome "we do not need you in bitcoin community" OMG!! I better go cry, I have done nothing wrong and Im pretty sure that are 10000% worse persons than me, You just all found a person to tell your inner worlds problems.  And "WE" who we? all i saw was people arguing for unexistant morals (and i was one of them), "community", my ass... Im here 2-3 days, and all i see is hate, you all hate each other for what communitty we talk about?

12 year olds who say "ok now i know that i shouldnt do bussiness with nethead", yes indeed, put your coins in your butt, and if you need more i can send mine. WHO THE FUCK CARES WHO YOU SHOULD DO BUSSINESS WITH OR NOT?

Imagine the fucking thing happened to you, as anybody could have ordered from there. The only dishonest man is Roger, not me. As some posts pointed me to his past, all the money he has is (maybe) "fraudulent", and you cared about 4.5 btc, BUT NOT for 30 which i got scammed by bitexchange on another thread, MORALS YOU SAY? I SAY ROGER   (by "you" i mean members of this forum)

I do not care who he is, and why some respect him so much but what he did was wrong, and if you say the opposite, i know you know that deeply inside you. So i do not care what you say about "nethead".
After his fucking message that continues threats im fucking disgusted of this person, AND I REALLY, I MEAN REALLY, I am glad that all this happened and he showed who he is, even if that makes me an ashole x2.

more about BLOCKCHAIN.INFO

How the fuck do you dare to say something is FIXED, that it obviously not, well not completely. As i explain in previous post my account is still in exist (if it got banned i would understand that, but even that does not have a reason), BUT removed the two factor validator for me (yes the good guy piuk) and changed my password, AS i cannot login to the message of something like "invalid password" or "this wallet could not be decrypted, try again". (Dont have my word on it, becouse i may be wrong on this subject and would like a piuk-reply here, maybe something else happened to it... and would be interesting to hear about.)

Yea it is safe, go put your btc there, and hope you never get locked out of your account.

Subnote: Things that i have done: 1. Recieved bitcoins 2. Lied about them for the wierd guy he was 3. REFUNDED THEM 4. Ask him nicely to remove any post regarding me, and promise to remove any post about it. 5. Got the reply above (threat)

enough for today

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 11:45:56 PM

What blows my mind more than anything about all this vindictive drama is that it concerned such a petty amount. The same thing happened when bitinstant released all that info on Zhou Tong. I'm shocked that we didn't learn anything from that mistake.

I won't be boycotting any companies, but this has been a major disappointment to me. IMHO, it's also not wise to ask the admins to "please delete" the original thread. Some, though not I, would perceive that as a dishonest motion.
Benatar

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 12:48:00 AM

This whole situation has convinced me not to consider ever purchasing from bitcoinstore, and to discourage any others I know from purchasing from there either.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:17:58 AM

I’ve quietly watched quite a few major players here self destruct over the past couple of years. Bruce Wagner, Peter Lambert, Zhou Tong, Matthew Wright, Chaang Noi, Trendon Shavers, James McCarthy, Vladimir Marchenko were all accepted as champions of Bitcoin as some point in its short history. For all I’ve seen and for as long as I’ve been following this dog and pony show I felt nothing could shock me anymore. I was wrong. I would never have expected this kind of behavior from Roger Ver!

Roger isn’t just one of the normal zit-faced kids that come here screaming, “look at me – look at me – I’m running a business.” This guy has a brick-and-mortar store where “regular people” walk in and buy goods. What do you think would happen Roger if you released personal info on someone in San Jose that used a check to buy something at your Santa Clara store? Should I put this thread on Yelp so that California knows how you do business? Very sad my friend, very sad.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:22:52 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2012, 04:54:54 PM by DannyHamilton

Quote from: nethead
He never gave them back?  Shocked
Nope.
nope? you are a total retard . . .
No, but it looks like you may be, otherwise you would see that my post was made 31 hours before this post of yours:

. . . He got his money back after all this happened . . .

You expect me to see into the future and know what you are going to post in 31 hours?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:52:00 PM

WTF. You don't demand apologies, you let people decide for themselves if they wish to give them, and let everyone else judge the outcome. An apology from nethead would only have improved his standing in the community, not Roger's, and now that we know that one was publicly demanded, that option to possibly clear up his reputation was stolen from nethead.
nethead

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:36:36 PM

Quote from: nethead
He never gave them back?  Shocked
Nope.
nope? you are a total retard . . .
No, but it looks like you may be, otherwise you would see that my post was made 31 hours before this post of yours:

. . . He got his money back after all this happened . . .

You expect me to see into the future and know what you are going to post in 31 hours?

I take that word back but he has got "his" monies back BEFORE this thread and you mislead others
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:52:42 PM

Ok mofo im a dickhead, but for what?
Also if you change yours to "videos4dick" or "dick4btc" first, i will try to change mine, promise.-

-----videos4btc reply ends here -----

Things that happened:

1. I tried to order from that DAMNED store, and i PAID (hmm i see the scam here somewhere eh???)

2. They obviously didnt want to mark as "gift" thats what i was asking for, and yes that was for tax purposes. Call me a scammer for that, let me tell you that bitcoin is indeed a scam coin, do you pay TAXES with your bitcois? ARE your bitcoins TAXED? How do you pay a tax with bitcoin? Oh, the 0.0005 fee, right.. (keep #2 as i will speak later more about it)

3. I asked for a refund that was actually given to me, plus a 4.5 btc the next day (the ultra-super-duper-retarded dude who worked on that got my payment address in his fucking site (if we believe that a customer paid to that address, but that wasnt even proven, one time he says "Bit*" paid, then says "oh noes, it wasnt him, it was another customer" SO WHOS MONEY WAS THAT REALLY? (mine at that point, and call me a dick)

4. He elevated my privacy to over 100.000 persons (73000 members only here as someone else mentions), and i am a fucking scam? His bussiness is a total scam.

As i have post earlier i wouldnt go on with this kind of posts here, and i would have given an end. BUT NO.

He still pm's me threats, so i will still hate on him as much as i can

---------------------------
#2*: I am a fucking CRIMINAL for asking him if he could mark it as gift? And afterwards accepting his answer, refunded (with a plus)?
You are a fucking ignorant with absolutely no knowledge on the word criminal. Or now you care about goverments taxations?? Come on we will pay with bitcoins..
Criminal related things: guns, drugs, murder, #4, burglar an many many more, also accepting what you call money (bitcoins), GPU-generated numbers that only use they have is FRAUD itself

ok for that last i maybe am.

I am a SCAMMER? In what way did i scam? By accepting funds? Or lie==scam? My mistakes where many but none of them is that i didnt have given back the 4 fucking btc
I am a THIEF? So did i hack into his systems, or broke into his house? Or into his bussiness? Thats the fucking nature of bitcoin, you send money, the other party accepts, if you done that by mistake, well go cry somewhere else, but without private info that someone trusted you to hadle.

The uber frustrating thing of all of them together is that after what he caused and got "his" money back, still came online to threat me of getting my info online again if i do not apologize.

For the fatfucks/nolifers that seek "legal" view on bitcoins, give me one government paper that states about them, they simply do not exist. Show me some legal info about those. SOME not much. I like the idea of free market and support bitcoin but some of you guys are total idiots, IRL I could involve goverments/police/legalshit, Roger could not, no matter how you see it. All the morals and other shit i read on hear are pure b/s.

The other fatfucks/nolifers that said the fuckin awesome "we do not need you in bitcoin community" OMG!! I better go cry, I have done nothing wrong and Im pretty sure that are 10000% worse persons than me, You just all found a person to tell your inner worlds problems.  And "WE" who we? all i saw was people arguing for unexistant morals (and i was one of them), "community", my ass... Im here 2-3 days, and all i see is hate, you all hate each other for what communitty we talk about?

12 year olds who say "ok now i know that i shouldnt do bussiness with nethead", yes indeed, put your coins in your butt, and if you need more i can send mine. WHO THE FUCK CARES WHO YOU SHOULD DO BUSSINESS WITH OR NOT?

Imagine the fucking thing happened to you, as anybody could have ordered from there. The only dishonest man is Roger, not me. As some posts pointed me to his past, all the money he has is (maybe) "fraudulent", and you cared about 4.5 btc, BUT NOT for 30 which i got scammed by bitexchange on another thread, MORALS YOU SAY? I SAY ROGER   (by "you" i mean members of this forum)

I do not care who he is, and why some respect him so much but what he did was wrong, and if you say the opposite, i know you know that deeply inside you. So i do not care what you say about "nethead".
After his fucking message that continues threats im fucking disgusted of this person, AND I REALLY, I MEAN REALLY, I am glad that all this happened and he showed who he is, even if that makes me an ashole x2.

more about BLOCKCHAIN.INFO

How the fuck do you dare to say something is FIXED, that it obviously not, well not completely. As i explain in previous post my account is still in exist (if it got banned i would understand that, but even that does not have a reason), BUT removed the two factor validator for me (yes the good guy piuk) and changed my password, AS i cannot login to the message of something like "invalid password" or "this wallet could not be decrypted, try again". (Dont have my word on it, becouse i may be wrong on this subject and would like a piuk-reply here, maybe something else happened to it... and would be interesting to hear about.)

Yea it is safe, go put your btc there, and hope you never get locked out of your account.

Subnote: Things that i have done: 1. Recieved bitcoins 2. Lied about them for the wierd guy he was 3. REFUNDED THEM 4. Ask him nicely to remove any post regarding me, and promise to remove any post about it. 5. Got the reply above (threat)

enough for today

wow, i think i'm going to go buy something from BitcoinStore after this.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 06:39:09 PM

BUT removed the two factor validator for me (yes the good guy piuk) and changed my password, AS i cannot login to the message of something like "invalid password" or "this wallet could not be decrypted, try again".

Your sharedKey was contained within the information posted. This key gives someone the ability to authenticate themselves with blockchain.info as the owner of that wallet, including the ability to overwrite it.

The coins will be safe though. I have emailed you 6 recent backups of the wallet. They can either be imported into Multibit (http://multibit.org) or imported into a new wallet at https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet. You are welcome to continue using blockchain.info if you desire.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: