Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary of the events last night - And an apology.  (Read 12971 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 04:36:27 AM

We won't be sharing any more customer data. (Unless demanded by law enforcement).

After this whole debacle I don't think we'll be attempting to publicly shame anyone else.

Will you be updating your Privacy Policy? Or have you decided that you want to reserve the right to share personal customer data and publicly shame those who you determine have misbehaved?

Your current Privacy Policy still states:

. . . all your information, public and private, will be shared with all third parties we do business with . . . and this information may be shared publicly at our discretion.

If this is not your new policy, you really should update it.  If it is still your policy, then you shouldn't be claiming otherwise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:35:05 PM

We won't be sharing any more customer data. (Unless demanded by law enforcement).

After this whole debacle I don't think we'll be attempting to publicly shame anyone else.

Will you be updating your Privacy Policy? Or have you decided that you want to reserve the right to share personal customer data and publicly shame those who you determine have misbehaved?

Your current Privacy Policy still states:

. . . all your information, public and private, will be shared with all third parties we do business with . . . and this information may be shared publicly at our discretion.

If this is not your new policy, you really should update it.  If it is still your policy, then you shouldn't be claiming otherwise here.

In their defense, a TOS update probably can't happen overnight during Xmas holidays for practical reasons.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 05:29:46 PM

. . .
If this is not your new policy, you really should update it.  If it is still your policy, then you shouldn't be claiming otherwise here.

In their defense, a TOS update probably can't happen overnight during Xmas holidays for practical reasons.

Certainly, however it was December 19 when it was stated:

. . . We have taken the following steps to stop this from ever occurring again: . . .
  • We are currently reviewing our privacy policy. What we did today was excessive. I do not want customers fearing the use of their private data.
. . .

Then on December 21 it was stated:
. . .We won't be sharing any more customer data. (Unless demanded by law enforcement).

After this whole debacle I don't think we'll be attempting to publicly shame anyone else . . .

And yet today January 2 (15 days after the initial incident) the TOS still states:
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 10:26:55 AM

SERIOUS UPDATE:[/size]
Sorry for the slow reply.

Please post in these two threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131678
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131608

Something along the lines of

I publicly apologize for lying to Roger Ver of MemoryDealers and Bitcoinstore and for denying that I even had his money.
In fact,  I did have it,  and have now returned it.
What I did was wrong, and I'm sorry for the trouble that I have caused for everyone.
I will work to be a more honest person in the future,

Nethead  (Your real name here if you wish)

Once you post that,  I will gladly remove the rest of your information from the forum.

My reply:

You arent going to ask for more to remove what you shouldnt have ever posted right? Are you?
Havent seen if you did removed the private info, and messaged members who have quoted that info in their posts to do so, but you have to.

If you keep asking me to do what you say your messages will go to the mods. Who do you think you are to tell me what to write? I did nothing wrong, my hands are clear AND you got FULL of what you sent me by your mistake.

So go on, its your turn now to contact mods to remove any info from the locked thread (they told so) and some members on the unlocked one to remove my info from quote in their posts, this is your responsibility

(i have just waken, so i will not be around for sme hours, i will come back later)

And his final reply here:

You are the one who lied, tried to steal from me,  and caused all the trouble.
If you continue to refuse to own up to it,  I will put your information back online for the trouble maker and liar that you are.

It is up to you,

Roger

If one has to apologize for anything, is a thing that he will do alone, noone has to tell him to do so (to promote others bussiness)
After all you have to recover my reputation, not me yours.

bump
Jakers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 02:20:21 PM

Sketch is the first word that comes to mind when I read this thread. I don't get how people with 10-20 posts here have these huge businesses elsewhere, because it seems like almost everyone on the site. Interesting...in a good way

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: