Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free* Engrish->English translating & English proof-reading  (Read 1236 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 09:48:32 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 02:22:22 AM by Kluge

I will convert your mangled or imperfect English writing into easily-understood English.

Requirements:
*Must be <2,500 words long, or a >.02BTC tip must be included.
*I must be able to understand the text I'm sent, which means what you send me must either be in English or Spanish (expect some "glitches" if sent in Spanish). Anything else will be fed through Gtranslate, so no guarantee I can actually translate the meaning.

Caveats:
*No guarantee on technical perfection. I'm paid to grade essays, not write them, and I'm not an English major.  Wink
*I will not proof-read English writing from native (or "very good") speakers without being paid. If a document's already well-written but contains a few very minor technical errors, I'll send it back without correction.

Guarantees:
*<72h turnaround. (unless >20k words in length)
*No guarantees for

Instructions:
*If you have a forum post, email, PM, or similar, upload the text to pastebin. Send the pastebin link to Benjm00@gmail.com with subject "translate" (no quotation marks).
*If you can't put the text you'd like edited into pastebin, or it'd be a big hassle, just include whatever relevant files I'd need to proof-read and edit. Please send as .txt or email to Benjm00@gmail.com - not through PM.
*If you'd like, encrypt the data.
PGP key:

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=WpYQ
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Tips can be sent to 1KLUGE9ModuXAoBP7YcH4innAAyG5tttpp
(if a tip's required, send me an email with your request and the address you're sending BTC from BEFORE actually sending the BTC so I know it's from you - or just send the request within a few minutes of sending payment)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 10:39:53 PM

Once Kluge translate anything to English from mangled English, I could translated it to Spanish.

PGP key: http://rdy.com.es/randybrito.asc

Bitcoin address: 1NvssZQNEELVPwjsQwpGrzH3RJKhtrXag

You can send the amount you think is correct for your document length.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 03:06:21 AM

Y'know the funny thing is, this is actually a valuable service to some.  If you get a document written in Engrish, it's horrible, and the only way to correct it is to go over it yourself, or now get Kluge to take care of it.  

When we take blobs of english and put it through a translator, does it receive as mostly-understandable-jibberish on the other end?

Classic:

Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 11:12:19 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 11:23:07 AM by Kluge

Y'know the funny thing is, this is actually a valuable service to some.  If you get a document written in Engrish, it's horrible, and the only way to correct it is to go over it yourself, or now get Kluge to take care of it.  

When we take blobs of english and put it through a translator, does it receive as mostly-understandable-jibberish on the other end?
I was inspired after browsing around for niche software.

"Sometimes, for simplifying the operate, you need to make an application on top of other applications, but this application has not "always on top" option, or sometimes you need to make an application not always on top, in these conditions, you need Always On Top Maker, it is a tiny tool to make a window "always on top(TOPMOST)", or, make a topmost window not always on top."

Another time I thought about doing something like this, I was (for fun, of course) compiling capacity-related statistics for batteries with a brief rundown of properties for each chemistry used in tested batteries. Most of the chemistry combinations used were/are very obscure, so data was difficult to find, and often contradictory. However, in one particular case, digging led to very detailed data by a company touting LiFePO4 batteries' "super-excellent battery duration for high life." Really great data, but the Engrish was sometimes so bad, I couldn't understand what the author was really trying to say, which sucked.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:11:55 PM

Please be very much understanding in my writings - thankings in advance thank you.

I am noticing recently that you are providings with splendidly servicings for Engwish to English translations services and provider providings ....

Please, but also, can you reverts back to me with your ratings plus chargings and costings for this services providings.

Obligings to you good day Sir.
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:31:31 PM

Bump
Proper english also helps human translators do their job.
mrvision

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:30:10 PM

watching
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:59:50 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 03:39:30 AM by Kluge

Bump. While-intoxicated-only offer of free critiquing, grading, and proof-reading. (pricing for sober editing updated in OP for exchange rate changes)

Send me essays, screenplays, or audio files (no videos). Need something proof-read? Fine. Don't want to pay for it? Fine. Just send me some fucking text! Hell, I'll grade the content if you want (topics you'd possibly want me or wife to grade on content or accuracy for include organic chemistry, six sigma, politics and/or government, game design, philosophy, and anything k-12). I'm so fucking bored! Help!

I'll even write up essays for a few bucks! Need a critique of Countdown to Crisis: The Upcoming Nuclear Showdown with Iran written up? Have you covered! So original, nobody'd ever believe any human being wrote it. Need a topic sentence to get your professor to really examine points you want to get across? How about something commenting on the tireless bastardization of capitalism within the media?!

Tired of grading kids' essays and just want to sit at your desk playing solitaire? You're covered, lazy pig! Need worksheets written up for subjects you want to cover, but don't really want to do any work in covering?! COVERED!

Writing an essay on Great Gatsby with mandatory analysis of quoted material? You need to (hire me to) analyze the implications of the "modish negroes" line! Every single word was chosen intentionally -- why was that particular sentence with those particular words included? Nobody hyper-analyzes little details like that - except for me, and that's why you ought to send me some god-damned fucking text right now!

Work at a parts-supplier for Toyota, or Toyota itself? I've seen the horrible pamphlets they send employees, written by poorly-educated Japanese natives - and I've even kept a particularly terrible one on six sigma as a memento from a previous job. Don't punish your employees with illustrations showing a man bent over "cumbustible" materials! I'll even critique your damned illustrations if you send them!

Translation, transliteration, decantation, deamination, analyzation, titillation! You're motherfucking covered, friend!

ETA: Off to sleep. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: