Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:37:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox keeps holding my deposits!!! Arrrrggh  (Read 921 times)
Bitcopia (OP)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 11:53:01 PM

I recently changed my Dwolla account to a commercial account in the name Bitcopia. I made several Dwolla deposits after this change and they went through in the expected time frame. I made a deposit Friday and noticed they did not make the credit on Monday. They didn't even contact me to let me know they were holding it. After realizing my account was grossly underfunded, I contacted them, and they explained I needed to submit proof that Bitcopia is a legally registered business name of mine. Ok, I get why they want the documents but I don't get why nobody contacted me to let me know what was going on!!! So I sent them my documents and they released the funds.

Now I made another deposit Monday and they are holding the funds again!!! Ah I'm so frustrated. It sounds like their AML department and whoever is crediting the Dwolla deposits are not communicating properly. Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 12:21:45 AM

maybe switch to bitstamp.net ?
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:52:09 AM

I recently changed my Dwolla account to a commercial account in the name Bitcopia. I made several Dwolla deposits after this change and they went through in the expected time frame. I made a deposit Friday and noticed they did not make the credit on Monday. They didn't even contact me to let me know they were holding it. After realizing my account was grossly underfunded, I contacted them, and they explained I needed to submit proof that Bitcopia is a legally registered business name of mine. Ok, I get why they want the documents but I don't get why nobody contacted me to let me know what was going on!!! So I sent them my documents and they released the funds.

Now I made another deposit Monday and they are holding the funds again!!! Ah I'm so frustrated. It sounds like their AML department and whoever is crediting the Dwolla deposits are not communicating properly. Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated.

Hello,

My name is Natalie.  We have passed your message to the AML team and they have approved your deposit.  Since they have your documents for Bitcopia, this is unlikely to happen again for your future deposits.  Our apologies for the inconvenience caused and please feel free to contact us at the Support Desk should you require any further assistance regarding this matter.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 05:22:01 PM

Hello,

My name is Natalie.  We have passed your message to the AML team and they have approved your deposit.  Since they have your documents for Bitcopia, this is unlikely to happen again for your future deposits.  Our apologies for the inconvenience caused and please feel free to contact us at the Support Desk should you require any further assistance regarding this matter.

Hey Natalie,

Thanks very much for the reply. The issue has been resolved for now and hopefully for good!
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 05:23:20 PM

maybe switch to bitstamp.net ?

All of my APIs are based on Mt. Gox and that is what most people prefer their prices to be based on. It's ok though, they got it settled.

Have you had good experiences with bitstamp? I've never tried them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: