Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good recommendations on monitoring rig software?  (Read 1235 times)
lyonrt (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:20:39 PM

Any good recommendations on monitoring rig software?  I am primarily using Windows 7 and was curious if any of you are using a piece of monitoring software that will email or txt you when your rigs have issues?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
donotdisassemble

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:24:05 PM

good quetion.  right now all I have is the btcguild emailing me if workers become idle... which is extremely helpful I might add.
Mess

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:32:37 PM

Any good recommendations on monitoring rig software?  I am primarily using Windows 7 and was curious if any of you are using a piece of monitoring software that will email or txt you when your rigs have issues?

Thanks!

I mine on www.gbyte.dk and it automaticly sends you an email when one of your miners drop to 0%.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:07:43 AM

I second this request. Perhaps there's some good FOSS server-monitoring software out there that we can at least use to get a glance at our rigs' online/offline status and perhaps temperature data? I recognize such software probably wouldn't support GPU temp out of the box but I'd be happy just to know how hot it is inside the box.
stickman

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:30:49 AM

I've been planning on making Nagios plugins for bitcoin and ATI graphics cards.  Querying aticonfig remotely via Nagios would be trivial, but I think I'm going to need to modify some part of the mining software to output the current hash rate or status to a named pipe.  I just moved, so whenever I have time to get this working I'll be sure to share my XP on the forum.
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:40:10 AM

I use teamviewer from my android phone. It works really well. Its more of a full desktop control, but you can just pop in to check things, or restart a miner.

It would be awesome if I could somehow remotely cut the power to one of my machines for like 30 seconds (from another machine) and then have it power back up. One of my machines seems to not start 2 of the GPU's on a reboot unless power was cut to the PSU for like 30 seconds. Then it starts fine..
martok

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:44:32 AM

It would be awesome if I could somehow remotely cut the power to one of my machines for like 30 seconds (from another machine) and then have it power back up. One of my machines seems to not start
Remote power would be very nice indeed. I'm thinking for situations like lockups while on vacation etc.

I worked with Intel server boards that could do this. The technology is called IPMI. It essentially allows you to control power via out-of-band ethernet. There is also the smart UPS solution where the UPS can toggle power via a remote management card but both those solutions are server-grade and thus quite expensive.

Really all we need is power-off capability. wake-on-lan can take care of powerup.
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:44:30 AM

You know I offer a mining service with 24/7 monitoring, optimization ect for a low percentage fee of 5%. Normally my configs and increase in uptime will pay for its self. Pm me and I can explain more in great detail.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Sideways

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:15:11 AM

I've been planning on making Nagios plugins for bitcoin and ATI graphics cards.  Querying aticonfig remotely via Nagios would be trivial, but I think I'm going to need to modify some part of the mining software to output the current hash rate or status to a named pipe.  I just moved, so whenever I have time to get this working I'll be sure to share my XP on the forum.

I was thinking the same thing, but by monitoring the Temp. 1) too hot, need to check the air conditioning  2) too cold, it's not mining
bling

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:37:42 AM

i use the following apps on my android phone:

https://market.android.com/details?id=me.davidgreene.minerstatus

https://market.android.com/details?id=st.brothas.mtgoxwidget&feature=related_apps

https://market.android.com/details?id=bitwid.qed.net&feature=search_result
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: