Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum etiquette on removing staked addresses?  (Read 462 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 02:57:42 PM

So it looks like one of my loans has defaulted since i cant get hold of him and although ive got  him on skype hes removed his shared information so i cant see if hes online and ignoring my messages or just offline. If hes just a bit late in repaying then thats fine but its looking like a runaway.

Now for my question, his account has a staked address which obviously he is in control  of and im wondering if its frowned upon to contact the person that quoted it to remove the post since i can remove the original post or would i look like im trying to pull off some kind of scam?

Im pretty sure ive got all the information i need to prove that the person i loaned to is the same person that was in control of the account but obviously for safety reasons and for selling the account in the future which i most liklely will have to do if i dont get the loan back, it would be best if i could remove the staked address since i would in effect be the new owner.

so is this acceptable to do or do i just have to take a hit with this and accept that he can claim back his account at any time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:06:12 PM

if you got a signed message from the previous owner then there should be no problem if you just leave it. most user (not all) might remove their post if you give them that signed message. though that means you're also telling them that you are not the original owner of that account.

edit:
a conversation log might also work. though in case of PMs then you gotta prove that they are real.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 03:10:33 PM

if you got a signed message from the previous owner then there should be no problem if you just leave it. most user (not all) might remove their post if you give them that signed message. though that means you're also telling them that you are not the original owner of that account.

thats good to know, unfortunately i didnt get a signed address on this one , all i have is forums threads containing the information , the sent funds and any private messages that ive sent or received that id be happy to give to a trusted member to verify from my account if it meant removal of the staked address. im still holding out that the loan will be repaid albeit a bit late.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 03:13:56 PM

thats good to know, unfortunately i didnt get a signed address on this one , all i have is forums threads containing the information , the sent funds and any private messages that ive sent or received that id be happy to give to a trusted member to verify from my account if it meant removal of the staked address. im still holding out that the loan will be repaid albeit a bit late.

I wouldnt ask for a removal, that might indeed look like a scam attempt. I would stake a new address, quote the old one and state that the account has changed ownership due to a defaulted loan. Maybe stake a new address that will gain legitimacy over time.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 03:21:28 PM

I wouldnt ask for a removal, that might indeed look like a scam attempt. I would stake a new address, quote the old one and state that the account has changed ownership due to a defaulted loan. Maybe stake a new address that will gain legitimacy over time.

Good thinking, Thats what i will do. i will leave it a few days first just to give him the benefit of doubt just in case he does actually have intentions to repay and if i dont hear anything i will just stake a new address and then keep the account on ice for a while. think i will need to make sure all loans are signed for now.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:26:30 PM

Good thinking, Thats what i will do. i will leave it a few days first just to give him the benefit of doubt just in case he does actually have intentions to repay and if i dont hear anything i will just stake a new address and then keep the account on ice for a while. think i will need to make sure all loans are signed for now.
Just FYI though, he is able to email theymos(who most likely won't see this thread/won't pay attention) with a signed message from that staked address and he is able to recover it. Don't think he'd go for all the hassle , which will most likely end up with a neg from sho(and other DT members) though.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 03:30:14 PM

Just FYI though, he is able to email theymos(who most likely won't see this thread/won't pay attention) with a signed message from that staked address and he is able to recover it. Don't think he'd go for all the hassle , which will most likely end up with a neg from sho(and other DT members) though.

yeah im aware of that but im stuck between a rock and a hard place, would be nice if there was a thread you had to write that you were claiming back an account from a staked address rather than a private message to theymos . At least that way i could contest it. Thats kind of worst case scenario anyway.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:19:14 AM

yeah im aware of that but im stuck between a rock and a hard place, would be nice if there was a thread you had to write that you were claiming back an account from a staked address rather than a private message to theymos . At least that way i could contest it. Thats kind of worst case scenario anyway.

Theymos doesn't do it often. I have seen a lot of people whining about that.
In any case, if ownership does change, you can open a thread in meta.
DT members will mark the account with negative trust if you have a case.
Anegg

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:35:39 AM

That is really his fault. If he ever accuses you, make sure you have some evidence.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 08:42:57 AM

Yeah I've logged into the account now and noticed all the messages have been deleted before I took ownership so I'm assuming his plan was just to sacrifice the account for the loan,  I will actually lose out on this with the loan amount probably but that's the risk for loaning. I will tidy it up today and post a new staked address then either build it up or give it to a friend before I sell it off.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: