Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:26:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about NBitcoin project (possibility of handling litecoin)  (Read 371 times)
piotrgal (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:26:03 PM

I have a question to someone knowing well that project (the .NET bitcoin implementation created by Nicolas Dorier)

Assuming all the similarities between bitcoin and litcoin, I'm just wondering - would it be feasible / doable to adapt NBitcoin to also handle litecoin?

I mean not necessary in one codebase, but maybe as a child / side project?
Besides the "scrypt" algo (because that's the most obvious part), how much work eventually could that be?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:42:17 PM

Nbitcoin doesnt do any mining or node relaying. and so there is not much difference between bitcoin and liteccoin in regards to making a transaction.

nbitcoin uses blockexplerer services to grab data, so it shouldnt be hard to change from bitcoins use of blockr.io to a litecoin explorer.
the rpc call commands are literally identical to call on a specific txid or address..

all that really needs to change is the first bits. so that public addresses begin with an L instead of a 1

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: