Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain securing Nuclear Power Plants!  (Read 401 times)
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:03:32 PM

I recently found an article on Coinfox saying that there is a company that is commited to introduce the blockchain technology as a new way of securing Nuclear Power Plants.

http://www.coinfox.info/news/4316-guardtime-using-blockchain-to-guard-industries
https://guardtime.com/blog/guardtime-and-future-cities-catapult-partner-to-develop-blockchain-based-cybersecurity-for-uk-critical-infrastructure

I guess this is a good thing if is protected by the bitcoin blockchain but it can be a bad thing if it is to be protected by a private blockchain.

Comments?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

I would say Satoshi Nakamoto will be a Nobel prize winner in multiple disciplines.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/satoshi-nakamoto-nominated-for-the-nobel-prize-in-economics-1447088488?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BitcoinMagazine+%28Bitcoin+Magazine%29

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:08:57 AM

I guess this is a good thing if is protected by the bitcoin blockchain but it can be a bad thing if it is to be protected by a private blockchain.

All blockchains are private. And since this would be sensitive information, you would not want the data to be available to anyone. Besides, people should not use BTC's blockchain for things it wasn't designed for. There's been one guy who registered the birth of his kid on the blockchain, another one who used it for his marriage... Hey come on, this has to stop! If everyone starts using the blockchain to store his personal info, BTC is doomed.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:06:52 AM

All blockchains are private. And since this would be sensitive information, you would not want the data to be available to anyone. Besides, people should not use BTC's blockchain for things it wasn't designed for. There's been one guy who registered the birth of his kid on the blockchain, another one who used it for his marriage... Hey come on, this has to stop! If everyone starts using the blockchain to store his personal info, BTC is doomed.

Not all Blockchains are private! The Bitcoin blockchain isn't (at least for now). Now, what the article mentions is a company that is working on distributed networks and developing their own blockchain to be used for security, data integrity and management. even though it is a distributed application similar in principle to the blockchain, This is a private blockchain we are talking about. Besides there's a clear distinction between guardtime proposed blockchain and the regular blockchain!
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:01:00 AM

Not all Blockchains are private! The Bitcoin blockchain isn't (at least for now).

Sorry, but I don't see BTC's blockchain as something public. I see it more as a private company, which is publicly traded with anyone able to buy shares, in that case, get the proper equipment and become a miner. The world mobile phone network isn't public either, even though everybody can buy a phone and make calls.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Nobility Club

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 06:03:56 AM

Better not this only will end up in a disaster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: