Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:56:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy to use portable Bitcoin client  (Read 5221 times)
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:02:10 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I ran Electrum-1.7.2-portable.exe and it created some (settings?) files inside C:\Users...
That's not what I expect from a portable app, it should be all contained in the same folder as the executable.

Could you please create an issue here and supply as much information as possible. Which files it created and such.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:43:13 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I ran Electrum-1.7.2-portable.exe and it created some (settings?) files inside C:\Users...
That's not what I expect from a portable app, it should be all contained in the same folder as the executable.

You are probably talkin about the blockchain header and the electrum.dat

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 06:02:36 PM

If that's the case and the reporter does not want that use the -w flag. 

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
michaelg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:48:28 AM

I think so, yes. I've deleted them already.

All I want is a folder with the executable and all other (settings...) files in it. That's what a portable program should be like.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 07:35:17 AM

I think so, yes. I've deleted them already.

All I want is a folder with the executable and all other (settings...) files in it. That's what a portable program should be like.

We are thinking of ways to safely do that. For now just boot with -w or create a bat-file that does it for you automatically and it will work as you expect.

bajanboost

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:17:59 AM

How is the security on a portable client like that?
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:06:33 AM

Can anyone have a cursory look over the source code and point out the changes that were needed for the portable version? Is the official celctrum portable build ready yet? (can't see in the main download dir)

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:59:15 AM

Can anyone have a cursory look over the source code and point out the changes that were needed for the portable version? Is the official celctrum portable build ready yet? (can't see in the main download dir)

It's only available for windows:
http://electrum.org/download.html

On any other system you can just use the -p flag.

How is the security on a portable client like that?

The codebase is the same; it just encourages using Electrum on a computer that might not be your own. Which is a bad practice for all the obvious reasons.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: